✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2-Jul-2009: Main Square Festival, France - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

THANKS CARLA!!!!Amazing review

In my place..

The way Guy uses the towel to wipe his forehead is HILARIOUS.Such a precious little girl :D:D

The first goodbye:

Guy cracks up laughing with Chris after the final bow :D:D

Thanks for all the long and very detailed reviews guys!

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DAY TWO

This is going to be way shorter.

Cha wanted to be first row as she knew some members from the first band playing on that day, we thus arrived around 10 am by car and discovered how way more comfortable it was to queue at the second entry : we could protect ourselves from the sun during pretty much the whole morning thanks to the building's shadow.

It was so comforting to see Anna and Perrine joining us just for a chat in the queue at morning. We discovered we were in the newspaper and we shared some pictures and videos. We all looked tired but ready for a new day of festival (for those who were staying).

As far as I remember Mounira's crew decided not to queue with us as they weren't interested in getting front row on that day.

When I ran in the square some journalists took pictures of people running, which made me laugh a lot thinking we would discover in the newspapers ''Kany West fans running for their lives''... ahah I really don't know why I ran that much on that day, I really didn't care!

Arriving at the barrier I left Charlotte front row (second row was fine for me) and I bought a Main Square tee shirt for Anna. I made friend with the girl from the merchandising while waiting for Anna's choice of tee. She was lovely and advised me to stay until late not to miss a French band called Birdy Nam Nam, I promised I wouldn't miss them and wished her a good day (I actually didn't attend their gig ahaha)...

People around us at the barrier recognized us and asked if we were the crazy Coldplay fans from the previous day which everyone could hear in the queue or in the square and see on the screens... ahah that was the beginning of our fame.

I also realised on that day that most of the young girls we were always meeting on the first rows were always the same girls who seemed to be more interested in being on TV than in the artists. They weren't really there for any band (I mean, they were but didn't even know any song that much)...

First band (Ace Out) was a French local band. I wasn't expecting them to be good but they were the best band of that day, really entertaining and endearing in a way, I really hope they'll get to be known after this cause I think everyone enjoyed them.

I had heard Phoenix was a blast on live but I was quite disappointed to discover I wasn't sharing this opinion. They were good but a bit annoying, or maybe I was too tired from the previous day ?

Let's not speak about Lily Allen who got me angry with her shitty performance. I can't deny I sang very loudly when she covered Womaniser cause I wanted her to realise that even Britney Spears was more entertaining than her. Actually that's the only song people were singing loudly during her show. I hated this Fuck You stupid song, I'm not as vulgar as her (she was almost naked on stage!), I didn't sing that.

Her 'Encore' was ridiculous, she left for few seconds but no one applauded nor yelled to call her back so she came back after a minute or so muahaha.

People were then starting to fight behind us and I asked Cha to leave the barrier cause Kanye West crowd didn't look like the kind of crowd we're usually used to seeing at gigs. We thus joined Mounira's crew in order to eat and have fun watching Kanye West from the (empty) back of the square.

I eventually enjoyed few songs like Homecoming… guess why :D ? I wish Chris had been there to make it more interesting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsBaLGpCFSQ]YouTube - MOV02276[/ame]

Homecoming. Please note I wasn't trying to sing well, it was just for fun and as I said a part of my voice was already gone ahah...

What followed was a bit our ''dancing evening'' : Cha filmed me imitating Kanye West's dancers, a cameraman came to film us randomly singing some Coldplay songs between Kanye West and an electro band. We danced on this quite good electro music. The atmosphere was really nice and relaxing (even though we were tired and cold - my eyes were itching), we laughed a lot (especially when Mounira… reminded us the sensation of checking Chris' hand).

Anyway that was a lovely night (which will be officially remembered as the night during which I totally lost my voice, RIP dear voice) and I think we left around 00h30 cause we couldn't have been able to hold on until 3am.

Once again, I felt asleep in the car, once again, we slept 3 hours on that night.

I had to be ready cause the following day was the one I was expecting the most (after Coldplay ?)…

Carla great review. Love this part... And Ill steal it from you...

Grey or blue doesn;t matter as long as coldplay is there it’s sooooo perfect!!

Khalplay, Ill read your review later... No time for it... :D Looking forward.. :D

Finally! I've been anxiously waiting for your review Carla!:D

I nearly died laughing when Chavi asked wher amy was from, while she come on with bagpipes in the background and had a HUGE scottisch accent, but I wasn’t supposed to tell you that :uhoh: :P * ducks away *

Oops! :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

short vid of the ting tings for who cares

I care! I care!!! :dance:

Phil just passed us at arm lenght distance coldplayers go wild and chavi holds up the :heart: Phil sign, which reveals the biggest blush and smile :blush:

Christa will be so fucking proud!!!:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiOTeJ7HtzU]YouTube - Magnificent Coldplay opening @ Arras main square festival[/ame]

I:heart:you crazy girls! (and did you purposely end the vid on a shot of your cleavage?:inquisitive:)

:P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kByTU90dp70]YouTube - the hardest part pt2 by coldplay @ Arras main square festival[/ame]

SQUUUUUEEEEEEE....aww, you kinda like me don't you?!?!:nice::wacky:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWQKuDlm5jY]YouTube - I'm a believer by coldplay @ Arras main square festival[/ame]

:D :D :D this was so cute...Jonny Jonny Jonny!! I actually clapped in the end :P

The Scientist....."Heineken!!!":laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Only you would notice, in the middle of the most beautiful song!:whip:

Thank you for that detailed review--with pics&vids; I loved it, read it with a big ass grin on my face!:kiss:

I got completely crazy. The fact is… the stage was quite big so my only chance to be heard by Miller was to yell with a very low voice, which sounded as if a guy was asking Miller to ''Marry him''… Don't even ask why I yelled that, I don't even know but it turned out to be lotsa fun. Considering some roadies were smiling at me, I then started a ''yelling session'' on my own with some ''Tell him he's too shy'' ''Miller I know you saw us'' ''Come on, do not pretend you didn't see me'' ''You're soooo shy'' while he was talking to another roadie. It was such a great time. Actually he was kinda staring at his feet, talking to another roadie who was smiling at me and talking to miller as well, probably commenting on what I was yelling

We also spent the whole afternoon singing some VLV ''ohohohohooo'' which were heard by the roadies, I guess that explains Miller posted a twit about the ''amazing crowd'' (dude, I know that's your way to thank me ahaha).

You crazzzy:laugh3:

I like it!:P

and I'll have to come back later for the other parts of your review....

DAY THREE

Back in the queue at 8h20… earlier than Coldplay (thanks to the strike we couldn't catch our usual train so we randomly took a TGV – French fast trains – which enabled us to arrive earlier).

Being Placebo day, we knew we would have to fight against emos to get first row so it required us to be there early. Mounira, Guillaume and Shini joined us a bit later. Mounira was clearly there for Ghinzu, Cha for Kaiser Chiefs, and I ? GOSSIP of course !

This was the best morning ever. Lovely sun rising, enjoying time with some friends, playing a game with some random girls queuing with us and…. believe it or not… two days later : SINGING SOME COLDPLAY SONGS ! AHAH !

Indeed, Placebo was actually rehearsing few meters away from us and none of those Placebo fans coming from different countries were caring about it, that was quite impressive and we thought that if that had happened to us with Coldplay we would have gone mad... And it suddenly turned out that the restaurant next to which we were queuing started to play Coldplay !

I filmed everything cause it's kinda funny to see 5 persons singing loudly, clapping there hands and enjoying a band which isn't playing at all on that day.

Some people weren't paying attention to us, so people were smiling at us, some others were probably finding us annoying or wondering why the fuck we were that crazy and finally some were applauding us !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxZt773cVNY]YouTube - MOV02285[/ame]

Aren't we the craziest ? XD No need to comment our dead voices ahah... As you can see the atmosphere was really 'relax' as we weren't as stressed as the first day to be front row.

Time ran kinda quickly on that day in the queue, maybe it's due to the fact doors were opening earlier.

Without Cha, that day would have been a failure cause when they opened the doors I pathetically discovered I wasn't able to run fast to the barrier, thanks god she kept some space for me first row. Moun and the guys didn't follow us and ended first row on the other side of the stage.

We talked a bit with people around us who once again asked if we were the girls creating a crazy atmosphere on Thursday during Coldplay's gig. They said they saw our banners and that they first thought we were a bit annoying (way too crazy) but thinking about it, they were now finding us really cool (I guess I was even cooler when I gave them a marker to decorate their body with some Placebo stuff).

First band playing was called Expatriate. They were quite entertaining, I'll need to check their album.

The funny thing was all those girls filming the bass player around me (like Cha and Mounira ahaha) cause it seems he was ultra attractive. That was pretty interesting ahah, mostly when the cameraman filmed his bum for few minutes.

Anyway when Ghinzu arrived Cha and I pretty quickly agreed on the fact we didn't like them that much, which was a bit annoying for us thinking about the fact Mounira came for them. The cameraman was coming to film us way too much so we pretended we were enjoying the show and we kept on staring at the camera yelling ''Mounnnnn'' with thumbs up (… I can't believe she didn't even notice that, though I guess it's normal not to watch the giant screen when one of your fav band is few meters away from you).

That's when I first saw Nathan (Gossip's guitarist) backstage. I tried to wave and yell (was a bit useless as I really didn't have any voice on that day) and Cha told me he saw me, I wasn't sure about that so each time he was coming back I would jump and yell again trying to show him my banner, and he eventually made me understand he saw the banner by smiling and ''stepping ahead'' (to see the banner).

I was freaking happy. I also saw one of their roadie and HANNAH (Gossip's drummer) walking beside him but they seemed concerned by something.

Can't really remember anything else from Ghinzu concert, was getting more and more tired of pretending I loved them and I was way too focused on Nathan staring at the crowd.

When Ghinzu left it became kind of a mess. Gossip never rehearse, they're just briefly sound-checking on stage themselves before their gigs.

This enabled me to grab Nathan's attention once more.

Cha didn't want to yell his name anymore (we actually did it way too much during Ghinzu and I'll be forever thankful for her help) but it didn't really matter cause he actually smiled at me and pointed my banner whereas I wasn't calling him any more. Cha nonetheless agreed to help me yelling ''Hannah'' who waved and said a shy ''hello'' (I usually focus mainly on her during gigs but I knew I wouldn't be able to do so this time as she was hidden from my eyes behind an amplifier, I was thus satisfied with that sign). Finally, Cha called Chris (the bass player) for me who also smiled at us.

While one of there roadie arrived on stage to Check Beth's mic (who doesn't know who Beth Ditto is ?), the 3 others members of the band decided to have fun playing a piece of a song which created the complete mess : journalists entered thinking it was the beginning of the gig and started to take pictures of the roadie. People around were astonished to discover how skinny Beth was now… That was so freaking stupid and it made me really angry when, upset and tired to discover it was far from being the beginning of the gig, journalists sat down on the barriers and one of them did so ON MY BANNER (same MJ one as during the Coldplay show though I replaced VLV lyrics by Gossip's lyrics) !

I didn't even know what to say as I was finding it really upsetting but Cha told her ''be careful there's a banner'' (what would I do without you, my dear ?).

Anyway the kind placebo fans surrounding me who knew I was there for Gossip started to ask me few questions about the band, their music, what they were famous for, the members…etc which I answered.

They were all cool with me enjoying Gossip as they knew I would let them be first row for Placebo afterwards ahah.

And their it was… the band entering the stage again, the journalists finally standing up, and BETH ! I thought she would never notice me nor my banner as journalists were there but hell… I was wrong.

It was my 5th time seeing them, I always prefer small venues thinking ''maybe this time she'll notice us'' but it never works… well, on that day, I found the solution : if you want Beth to see you, go to a 30000 people venue, it'll be WAY easier !

Actually, it became quite clear during the first song that was I the only Gossip fan standing here (at least in the first row, I mean, around me) which didn't stop me from jumping and singing like crazy. I believe people behind me started to laugh at me like ''oh shit look at this girl going crazy and jumping, she knows the lyrics by heart'' though I've been told people were a bit more ''admiring me'' than laughing at me. Can't be sure about that but I didn't give a shit.

I quickly noticed all those journalists turning their head to take pictures of me or to smile at me as I was really going mad, which seemed to be fun.

Then ''IT'' happened, Beth came not that far from us during the 3rd song or so, she dedicated the upcoming song (which is my fav) so I jumped and yelled, she saw me, Cha helped me showing her the banner, she read it and it was the very beginning of what I would qualify as an ''almost private concert'' ahaha.

I called the friend I'm always going to Gossip gigs with during that song and while I was holding my phone in the air Beth sang a whole part of the song to me, pointing me (I was pointing her as well); it was the second time that was happening to me in one of their concerts, and surprisingly last time was a festival as well, I guess that's the way to be noticed : trying to be the only fan knowing the lyrics among thousands of people.

The following songs were awesome, they played the very new (2 weeks) album and I noticed I already knew the lyrics ahah. She kept on singing not far from where we were, I guess it was easy to come back to us, she just had to find the banner.

Apparently the fact the floor of the stage was black made it really hot (because of the sun) so she kept on repeating her feet were painful. She asked for some socks once but nothing happened, a roadie gave her a towel and she stood up and jump on this white towel for a bit but it came a time where she really couldn't stand it anymore and she asked for a doc and some socks.

Nothing was happening so in order to entertain theaudience (which wasn't understanding a thing of what she was saying when she was speaking to the crowd – as with every other bands as I said earlier) she tried to say it in French but she was missing the word ''socks'', she then turned to me (!!!) to ask if ''chaussettes'' was the right translation to which I answered ''yes'' so she repeated the sentence with the right word.

I quickly took off my shoe, took my socks and asked Cha to help me calling her cause she had just received some socks and was now trying to put them while covering Tina Turner (have I ever told you she's amazing ?).

We thus called her and she laughed when she saw my sock. I'm pretty sure people laughed at me again in my back but apparently they were all getting sure that Beth was really appreciating my attitude.

Before Standing in the way of control she tried to get down to the crowd (as usual) though the security had got rid of the stairs the day before. I sooooo knew this would turn out to be funny cause she always get down whatever happens, so I was like ''oh oh guys you shouldn't have got rid of those stairs ahah''.

Anyway she thus lied down on the stage and started to look for some stairs under the black ''tissues'' covering the stage but she didn't find anything so she slowly started to ''roll'' down in front of the security guys who weren't even trying to help at all ahaha.

Finally her own roadies helped her reaching the ground, was AWESOME !

She went in the alley between both sides of the crowd and then… turned on the left and jumped over the barrier. I felt SO disappointed cause I'm ALWAYS on the wrong side. I was like ''fine, that's always like this anyway'' so I kept enjoying Standing on my own (though the crowd was now enjoying the concert a lot as well so I wasn't the only one jumping).

Suddenly people around me yelled ''she's coming for you''… and yes, she was !

She checked few hands and stopped when she saw me, then she came to reach my hand. GAHHHH that was awesome, I was wondering what I should do as usually people try to kiss her in this kind of situation but I had asked my parents to record it on TV so I was definitely NOT going to take that risk.

I thought about grabbing the mic (which I've already done once in a Gossip concert) but I saw she wasn't willing to let me do that this time so she started to hug me and I decided to do the same. For some new ''reasons I can't explain'' she wanted to check Charlotte's hand so she did (even though it took Charlotte few seconds to realise it as she was filming me).

When Beth left me she told me ''sorry'', which I guess was a ''sorry for not staying longer'' or something like this ?!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyv1QPej-fQ]YouTube - The Gossip, Standing In The Way Of Control, Main Square Festival, Arras(France), 4 juillet 2009[/ame] XD

She eventually went back on stage for the last song. I wanted it to be 8th Wonder as it was the song I used to make my banner but they performed Heavy Cross (logical, that's the new single) though she sang some MJ during the song !

WOW freaking happy : we're making a MJ banner for Coldplay and Gossip, both of the bands cover him !!!

I don't care if that's a coincidence or not, that's just awesome to think that was a good idea.

When they left I was too focused on my phone to ask for a setlist, stupid me cause I usually manage to obtain one quite easily. Doesn't matter.

I then told Cha I couldn't stand on my feet anymore and wanted to leave (I forgot to add I never managed to put my shoe back after holding my sock so I spent the entire concert jumping ON my shoe ahah) but she asked me to stay a bit.

I stayed first row during Bloc party, which was quite good though I was too tired toenjoy it that much.

The singer was really good and talkative though he's probably the one who experienced French people's bad English the most.

He for instance asked us how to pronounce Arras and obtained ''yeahhhhhh'' as an answer.

He also asked questions to people in the flats surrounding the square and they never understood anything. Anyway that was pretty cool nonetheless.

My eyes started to burn during this show as I was very tired so I left straight after, leaving Cha on her own first row.

Being on my own I decided to sit down further away though I stood up when Kaiser Chiefs started. I don't know them that much and was way too broken to be dancing but they seemed good.

I was sms-ing Mounira when people suddenly went mad next to me, I turned my head and discovered the singer was standing right behind me ahaha ! Funny how even when I'm not trying to get front row I can still be lucky. I filmed that for Cha as I could see her on the giant screen.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJuXH3wJQ74]YouTube - MOV02300[/ame]

I love this kind of ''crowd movement'' !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ePfRYtCVW8]YouTube - MOV02308[/ame]

Apparently they're called Kaiser Chiefs :D

Before Placebo, Cha came back to me, leaving the first row to the Placebo fans and we joined Mounira and the guys. We spent their concert in the back of the square which was way more crowded than the previous night for Kanye West ahah.

Not being Placebo fans some of us looked quite bored but Moun and I eventually jumped and sang on the songs we knew. I'd say I didn't find the show that amazing as I felt like listening to the albums.

I though mainly found Brian a bit ridiculous as he was saying bullshits most of the time (everyone even ''booed'' him, can't remember why exactly but he was definitely funnily sounding stupid).

I really can't remember what happened afterwards ? Were there another electro band ? I just know that I once again felt asleep in the car and that we once again slept like 3 hours….

DAY FOUR

I thought I would be finally able to sleep as I didn't think we needed to be first row on that day but Cha told me she wanted to as she liked Duffy, Franz Ferdinand and Moby.

We thus arrived as soon as we could (trains difficulties) in the queue where we weren't among the first 20 people (it was fine though).

This day was our first day being in a very small group as Mounira and Cyril were leaving us (they came at morning to chat a bit before leaving, was nice to spend some time with them again), so basically it was only Cha, Shini, Guillaume and I though some friends of Cha and I joined us.

Once again our (now favourite) restaurant played some Coldplay songs so we started to sing a bit when a girl seated next to us asked if we were fans of Coldplay. It turned out she perfectly knew who we were as she was visiting Cha's twitter and Coldplaying (SOFIAAAA).

Was so bloody fun and cool to meet a new Coldplay fan. Her sister arrived later while I was on the phone and kept on staring at me before asking ''isn't she the girl who hugged gossip ?'' ahaha kiss me I'm famous XD

That was probably the best queue time I've ever spent in my entire life (and I wasn't stressed about reaching the first row). Those two sisters were soooo lovely, we were having fun about anything, trying to guess theprice of some Turkish delight (which enabled me to earn one wuhuuu), speaking about music…etc

When the doors opened we got confused and we didn't run in the same direction, I arrived on the right of the stage, 10th row on the ''middle sides barrier'' with the 2 sisters, Guillaume and Shini, whereas Cha and our friends were first row on the left.

Michael Franti opened the day with a mind blowing performance. I'm not really into reggae but I couldn't believe my eyes when after 4 days sleeping like 3 hours a day, the entire crowd was jumping on the first song ! What an energy !

He then invited a guy to come on stage as he could see him singing in the front row and the guy was quite impressive as well, he grabbed the microphone and sang with Franti, quite comfortably in front of 30 000 persons ahah.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HLlCzruTgY]YouTube - MOV02322[/ame]

I swear the girl in red is my friend !

The most astonishing thing happened straight after :

I was taking a look at the security guys quite a lot cause my friend has health problem and I was afraid to see her fainting. I suddenly saw her walking between the stage and the crowd next to a security guy and I got totally scared, I was like ''holy shit noooo did she faint ?'' but I then noticed she was smiling. Few seconds later she was fucking on stage playing air guitar as Michael Franti was asking her to do so. Fuck it. I felt like we were definitely all lucky bastards ahah.

No need to say that Justin Nozuka could hardly do anything else than breaking the atmosphere... And he did.

Lotsa people found him pretty boring and laughable ahah. Althoughe had a good time trying to help fans (and Sofia) to be noticed but the guy was singing with eyes closed so it wasn't successful.

Katy Perry followed and I'm afraid I kinda liked her. I was expecting to laugh at her cause I knew she was famous to be awful on live but I don't think she was that bad.

She actually sang an acoustic song so we could clearly hear her voice and I swear it was enjoyable. I way preferred her to Lily Allen, both of them are playing with the same things in order to catch attention though in the end of the day, Katy Perry is almost less vulgar !

She was pretty funny (''I know you all came to see my boobs but I came to make music, so I'm going to put a shirt in order to JUMP''…etc) and entertaining. She walked pass me though I didn't touch her.

She ended with I kissed a girl (might have been the only song she didn't sing that well) after a bit of provocation : she went to a girl first row, told her she was the most pretty she could find, gave her a lipstick annnnnnnnnnddddddddddddddddddd…. did…. NOT kiss her ahah, just on the cheek, though 3 other young girls felt like being provocative as well so they kissed Katy on the lips.

Anyway quite a good show, I mean it and I wasn't the only one thinking so !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etHyawCwB1E]YouTube - MOV02364[/ame]

Katy...

Was then Duffy's turn. Gosh !

I don't like her album as I find it pretty boring but I swear this was AWESOME.

I was really surprised, she started with Rain on your parade which I enjoyed a lot by jumping everywhere. This was one of the best show imo.

The thing is, no one seemed to enjoy it in the crowd (that might have been due to the fact her show was a bit too ''perfect'' with some annoying dancers).

Duffy tried to speak a bit but no one was reacting (still this English problem...) but when she finished with Mercy (which was brilliant – note that I usually dislike this song cause we heard it way too much everywhere) it was really painful cause she looked really annoyed, she even said : ''Come on mother fuckers, don't let me down, I'm not impressed, please sing'' and she asked us to sing once more afterwards. Was really shameful cause her show was worth it !

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5fTY36Cd1U]YouTube - MOV02365[/ame]

Soft...

I then learnt Charlotte wasn't at the barrier anymore but alone in the back of the square though she couldn't manage to join us at the ''side barrier''. The poor Cha spent the entire evening alone.

Anyway Nadia (one of the sister) and I started a stupid game which consisted in guessing which band a girl in front of us was waiting for (as she seemed bored during every single show). I said she was there to see Lenny whereas Nadia voted for Franz Ferdinand.

When those ones arrived on stage I thought I wouldn't be able to stop laughing : Nadia yelled very loudly ''YEAH I WOOOOOOOOON''.

Indeed, the girl was slightly moving her head. We decided to wait until Lenny to check if she was really there for FF cause she didn't seem to know the lyrics that much.

Anyway FF were great. I felt like the one hour show lasted 10 min cause everyone kept on jumping like crazy and it was really good (I wasn't that much into the band before but I'm now going to listen to their albums); I guess a good part of the crowd was there for them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5od2gQutSo]YouTube - MOV02378[/ame]

I'm so sorry I'm shaking the camera that much during the first 50 sec, that's my fav part of the song. If you feel sick, start after 00:50 and I swear it's not moving that much; but note that you'll miss Chris Martin's hands as he was just in front of me XD

It got a bit hard to breathe before Lenny Kravitz arrived as lotsa girls wanted to see their idol. We were nonetheless lucky cause after Thursday's water problems (security didn't have enough bottles and ask the crowd to throw empty ones back to them though that was us, first row people, who were receiving them on their head so they had to stop that), they decided to set a new system and we could drink before each shows.

There was also those young guys selling earplugs for a brand called ''accoufun'' and crazy as we are we managed to start a (small) Mexican wave each time one girl selling some was passing us, yelling ''acoufun clap clap clap acoufun clap clap clap''.

Anyway it was such a good time, we kept on laughing and enjoying our last day even during artists we didn’t appreciate that much.

When Lenny arrived, it became clear the poor girl we were staring at was there for him and we laughed a lot when we heard her yelling to death LENNNYYYYYYY.

I spent my entire concert yelling I loved him cause thanks to him I would win a soft drink, though I really dislike his music. His show must have been impressive for those who like him. He walked pass us as well, though I didn't touch him as everyone was pushing in my back (way more than for any other artist). Oh an he sang Billie Jean as well… copycat ahah !

Anyway he closed the concert with some pyrotechnic stuff, which was cool but also making the atmosphere even more hot, I had difficulties to breathe…

We once again laughed when we discovered our new idol (the famous Lenny fan) left straight after his show, demonstrating she had clearly waited the entire day just for him (oh and I missed the moment where she almost leaked her hands after touching him ahahahah).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRXM_UtqLLY]YouTube - MOV02411[/ame]

Lenny - Billie Jean. Sofia this video goes out to your sister, with lotsa love <3

NOW, the fabulous end of 4 bloody awesome days : MOBY.

I managed to step ahead a bit and ended up like 7th row or so… once again it got as magical as Coldplay when it started to rain during 4 songs at the beginning. Moby said that if the crowd is under the rain, you just have to go under the rain as well, so he came down and stopped to play guitar… IN FRONT OF ME. AHAH lucky bastard,hu ?

I could thus touch his arm while he was playing guitar, kinda cool. Rain was really welcome, when it was over Moby said ''oh no more rain ? pity, I like rain''. Anyway the audience was jumping a lot, it was amazing. The only thing I disliked was his version of Raining Again but I won't complain. He told us to look behind us to stare at the full moon. We are all made of stars was awesome as well (and the lighting representing stars on the buildings of Arras made this night so special).

Anyway I don't have word to describe the show, it was just the PERFECT ending : started with Coldplay under the rain, ended with Moby the same way.

Loved it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ECrxeCVUTA]YouTube - MOV02413[/ame]

My camera died on me at the beginning of the show, was only able to film that, sourry...

To sum up ?

Highlight of the 4 days :

- Time spent with all those lovely Coldplayers, I love you guys !

- Miller

- Coldplay concert

- Gossip concert

- People we met

Love the Main Square. Can't believe I didn't want to go there anymore before leaving to Arras.

Thank you to everyone who made the experience even better (yeah, YOU coldplayers and all those lovely persons we met as well as Charlotte's parents who welcomed me).

Let's finish with something we heard a hundred times every single day and that I already miss a lot :

Sir yesssss ssssir. Hinnnn hinnnnn. One Two. Yeah tttttwo *tong noise* and the memorable ''Please make me stop''.

Finally, MILLEWE MAWWY MEEEEEEE

I'll update all those posts with videos and pictures.

And for those who saw my legs, I just came back from the doc it seems the Main Square + the sun created a blood problem and I might never get rid of those awful kind of ''red bruises'' which appeared on my legs ahah... at least the Main Square will stay forever ''on my skin'' :cool:

Carla and Camille, I got up rrrrealllllly early this morning for that seminar marathon and during the break I went to the computer room and read your reviews...

I was broadly smiling with tears in my eyes, surrounded by students occupied with statistics and power point presentations - weird situation!

It was a combination of lack of sleep and the awful uni setting... I almost cried while reading your reviews... thanks.

(The 2 presentations today went fine btw :D)

Carla, that video of us during Magnificent is so funny!! :)

I thought you were taking pics (for those wondering that's why Carla nods her head because I then realised she was filming :lol:)!

Camille - again - it was great seeing you on TV again, you told me how much you were looking forward to Gossip...

Can't think of anything else to say right now, I'm speechless... awesome reviews and thanks again, you all made that day unforgettable. :kiss: :heart: :hug:

It was a real pleasure tu meet you dears :heart: What an amazing day it was !!

Carla, your review is awsome, I remember that we were a "little bit" excieted the day before the gig, when we saw Coldplay crew :D

Camille, your review is so great too, for the 4 days ;) thank you :D

I'VE GOT THE BROKEN DRUM STICK OF WILL :D

6371_97163194565_584944565_1888891_8131776_n.jpg

It was a really amazing day for me & a really amazing festival. So happy to have met all of you guys :D

To sum up ?

Highlight of the 4 days :

- Time spent with all those lovely Coldplayers, I love you guys !

- Miller

- Coldplay concert

- Gossip concert

- People we met

You really ARE a lucky bastard!!!!:P:D

Thanks for that great review of the whole festival, sounds amazing!!!

(sorry about that problem w/ your legs! Ihope it goes away)

I'VE GOT THE BROKEN DRUM STICK OF WILL :D

6371_97163194565_584944565_1888891_8131776_n.jpg

Another lucky bastard!!!!:lol:

(I'm sooo jealous:cry:)

Thanks, again, to everyone posting reviews...it's so fun to read!:smiley:

All of them are indeed lucky bastards :P

You know what Mounira ?? I'll hate you fooowever ! :D

PERRINE!! woman where is your review and pics?! :whip: :whip: dont make me have to whip you :P

you know i come in here to read your special review :hug:

Aaaah don't whip me Liz !!! Keep this whipping for Mr B. :sneaky:

I HAVE to do it tomorrow really REALLY !! I need a good spanking, I suck :shame:

ahh alright, well u get a few whippin's anyway :P but u definately dont suck

:whip: :whip: Guy gets plenty enough whippins as it is! :sneaky:

but u get some kisses thrown in there too! :kiss: :kiss:

but u should get on it missy! who im i to talk, my DC show review was like a week after my show :uhoh: i shouldnt be talking :lol:

...what could I say more Camille : you say EVERYTHING !!! :nice: ...oh! apart ... "Wooooouhoooooou Odile ??!!" :lol :P

What a wonderful review I'll do it soon too but I just go back at home today... I'm so tired and in another planet. Moreover, on Friday I'll go in Paris to see Kaiser Chiefs and U2 !! so it's toooo busy for me now ^^ but I don't forget ! I love you people :heart: It was sooo great to meet you finally:hug:

It was great to meet you to Guillaume !! :nice:

Actually my sister said that you're really nice :P

And Liz... I guess that my but is really gonna hurt if you keep whipping me !

Haha you see ! I need time to recover from my show, even if it's been a week now :P

...what could I say more Camille : you say EVERYTHING !!! :nice: ...oh! apart ... "Wooooouhoooooou Odile ??!!" :lol :P

How could I review something I pathetically missed ? (I can't believe I missed your Youhou Odile)