✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

13-Jul-09: Shoreline Amphitheater, San Francisco, CA - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHHAFHDFLKAHFSLSAFH.

I just got home, it was fucking amazing, the best night of my life. Can't write now, I'm SO tired and sweaty and need a shower/bedddd.

BUT I TOUCHED CHRIS MARTIN! (and Jonny and Will! Guy was being silly and shy, but OMG ANYWAY).

:dance:

:bomb:

:wacky:

Will post a full review and lots of pics and vids tomorrow!!!!

Edit: Didn't get to hold up my sign btw, security took it away because it was "too big" at the very start. Grrr. :bigcry:

Hey guys,

I was about 10 feet away from Coldplay! The set list was the same and I have a bunch of videos I will load up tomorrow. The boys were great and Chris was saying how they loved San Francisco and that they don't tell that to everyone. He kept saying 'fuck' it was really funny! The crowd was pretty good, but I have PIT tickets for the show later today so I'm hoping for front row! Oh, when they went to the C-stage tons of people were grabbing at Chris and he was like "careful, careful" but he said it very sweetly. It took me over an hour to get out of the parking lot!

The boys were great and Chris was saying how they loved San Francisco and that they don't tell that to everyone. He kept saying 'fuck' it was really funny!

lol Yeah he dropped the f bomb like 4 times in a row when they were on C stage at the lawn. I almost fell out of the chair I was standing on laughing :laugh3:

I really enjoyed that time when chris was "struggling" to pick himself up on stage :lol:

It took me over an hour to get out of the parking lot!

Yeah I dont like that parking lot... No lanes, cars facing every direction. I had a lot of time to think about never parking there again :rolleyes: :P

Man if there was anyway to describe tonight, it wouldn't be too far from an outdoor house party. Seriously most of all the little kids, couples, and friends I saw were in good spirits just enjoying the music, whether under the influence or not. And maybe since it's summer, it was like going to a baseball game. The fooood did help though, lemonade, Ben & Jerry's, kettle corn, garlic fries, cotton candy, I could go on but I'll stop here. All the same, very nice vibe from the crowd tonight.

My seat was in the 101 section so the ramp was smack dab in front of me. This time, I was able to feel the butterfly rain, get hit by the yellow balloons, and get a glow stick that Chris threw. I definitely had to watch my head tonight, lol. Very worth it all though. I second the Billie Jean request, sounded awesome live. I believe they did a version of Sitting on the Dock of the Bay on the C-stage as well...

I'm glad I went to see Coldplay in concert again, cause this time around the album was saturated more and the live instruments brought out sounds and melodies you just don't fully get from the cd.

While I did notice that sometimes the crowd wasn't fully into the concert by means of dancing or other "physical output", it was only a few times. The interest was still there, it was just a laid back energy.

Favorite banter: "I don't mean to sound like a schoolteacher...but, that's just the way it's going to be." - Chris *along the lines of*

I have a lack of pictures and videos, though I did manage to get screen footage of God Put A Smile Upon Your Face and snippets of a roadie breakdancing to Jay-Z before the concert began.

just a nice nice nice way to spend a summer monday night :)

This was my first Coldplay concert. Shoreline Amphitheater, July 13, 2009. Section 202, Row P, Seat 23. And all I can think now is this...

What an amazing show.

Though I was pretty far away from the stage, as soon as Coldplay took it the entire audience was filled with energy and enthusiasm. All of the songs, from Violet Hill, to Cemeteries of Shoreline London, and yes, even to one of my least favorite Coldplay tunes, Green Eyes, were performed flawlessly.

The way they walked, galloped, (and if you caught a glimpse of Chris at the beginning of VLV, ran) between stages just added to the excitement in the air. It was also great when Chris interacted with the audience, asking for us to perform the "Mexican Cell Phone Wave", and encouraging us to sing a very overwhelming one note melody to Mr. William Champion.

And we obliged. Because "that's just the way it's got to be".

Coldplay knows how to put on an amazing show, and they sure as hell delivered this last night. Absolutely fantastic.

Oh, and Chris seems to like us a bit, unlike, as quoted by him, some of the other "fucking arseholes" out there.

What an amazing show!!This being my 6th time ive seen the boys live,it was by far the best one!!I think being in the 10th row had something to do with it.But I also believe a big part of it is that they are playing the best they have ever played live right now.They were so energetic from the start.Chris was very talkative with the crowd.I think the one thing that stood out for me was Johnnys playing.His guitar was very loud and he was on his game!!Like i said they were energetic but sometimes I think Guy is a little too casual as the other 3 just go nuts.

During Death And All His Friends the banner got stuck and didnt come down all the way.But the production team was right on it and flashed the VIVA sign on the big screen that they use.During Yellow the baloons were all over the stage.I think at one point the whole stage was covered with them!!It was funny seeing Johnny,Chris,and Guy kicking the balls throughout the whole song.I even got hit in the head with one.I wasnt paying attention haha.Lovers In Japan was amazing with the butterfly confetti falling on me and my party.We all got a copy of LRLRL.It was pretty easy and smooth as they handed them out at the gates on the way out.Overall it was a flawless performance by the boys.And reminded me yet again why they are my favorite band!!Cant wait til next time!!

Review: Coldplay at Shoreline

Name the band that you’d least expect to deliver a Michael Jackson tribute.

Metallica? Marilyn Manson? How about British alt-rock act Coldplay?

It was the latter that soundly surprised the capacity crowd at the Shoreline Amphitheatre in Mountain View on Monday with its tribute to the recently departed King of Pop. And it wasn’t the decision alone that was so surprising _ the real shocker was how Coldplay went about tipping its hat in memory of MJ.

Late in the set, the quartet moved from Shoreline’s big main stage to a smaller platform, which probably measured no more than 6-by-6, located at the very rear of the reserved seats, near the general admission lawn area. The players then huddled together, acoustic instruments in hand, and vocalist Chris Martin announced that they were “going to go into a song that is far better than any song we could ever write.”

The mandolin rang out, alongside two acoustic guitars, and the rhythm was instantly familiar, if not immediately identifiable. Then the 32-year-old singer-songwriter, who is married to actress Gwyneth Paltrow, uttered the first line of the song: “She was more like a beauty queen from a movie scene.”

The crowd let forth a collective gasp, then a shriek, as 22,000 fans realized that the group was doing an acoustic cover of Jackson’s “Billie Jean.”

That was a nice, unexpected moment _ a real “Thriller,” if you will _ in a show that lacked any other real surprises. In general, the evening consisted of just Coldplay being Coldplay _ and if you like the band, then you would definitely have enjoyed the concert.

Following the same game plan that it’s used from the start, one that already seemed well honed by the time the band played San Francisco’s Warfield back in 2001, Coldplay spent roughly 100 minutes mixing radio-friendly pop songs and rock anthems with piano ballads and other softer material. Martin, as per usual, came across as earnest and personable, a superstar that understands how lucky he is to be in the position to perform in front of thousands of fans on a nightly basis.

Coldplay isn’t big on bells and whistles, which makes it a rare bird in the flock of the world’s most popular bands, so it comes as no surprise that its current tour is a decidedly stripped-down affair. Even the trek’s most notable design feature _ the two smaller performance platforms erected away from the main stage _ seem to be in place mainly to break down the barrier between the band and the audience.

The foursome _ Martin, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman and drummer Will Champion _ sounded strong and agile as it kicked opened the show with “Life in Technicolor” and “Violet Hill,” two numbers from the group’s fourth multi-platinum studio effort, 2008’s “Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends.”

Coldplay was very generous with the hits early on. The third number was the show-stopper “Clocks,” a track from “A Rush of Blood to the Head” that won for Record of the Year at the 2004 Grammy Awards. It immediately followed with a passionate rendition of “Yellow,” the mega-hit from Coldplay’s debut, 2000’s “Parachutes,” that served as to first introduce the band to American listeners.

Martin is a terrific pianist, but he’s not the the finest lyricist in the world _ he has been known, for instance, to take the easy way out when trying to find the right rhyme to complete a verse. His skill in delivering his lines, however, is without question. His main strength is sincerity, and that quality can be found in every sentence he utters, whether he’s moaning through something akin to a love letter or reciting Michael Jackson in a weak falsetto.

Actually, the band did a passable job with that MJ cover. It definitely wasn’t the best song of the night _ that title would go to the touching original composition, “Fix You” _ but it was the most important. By paying tribute to the King of Pop, Coldplay showed us yet another side to its already impressive equation: the ability to surprise an audience.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2009/07/14/review-coldplay-at-shoreline/

AHHAFHDFLKAHFSLSAFH.

I just got home, it was fucking amazing, the best night of my life. Can't write now, I'm SO tired and sweaty and need a shower/bedddd.

BUT I TOUCHED CHRIS MARTIN! (and Jonny and Will! Guy was being silly and shy, but OMG ANYWAY).

:dance:

:bomb:

:wacky:

Will post a full review and lots of pics and vids tomorrow!!!!

Edit: Didn't get to hold up my sign btw, security took it away because it was "too big" at the very start. Grrr. :bigcry:

YAY! you got to touch the teh boyz! it's just like heaven isn't it:wacko::dance:

too bad about your sign. what did it say?:)

glad everyone had an awesome time:D

Wow....that's all I can say. I was at the Shoreline Ampitheater last night - on my birthday July 13th - and I wish I had been able to afford regular seats as I couldn't see squat from the lawn; everyone was standing and I'm vertically challenged.

I've got to say though - they were AWESOME and Chris is quite the showman. He seems like he's the type of guy you could just walk up to and strike up a conversation about whatever. Great show and I came home with a (popped) yellow ball and lots of confetti - some of it was plastered and decopauged to my right tennis shoe <g> I think I am going to laquer it and go get some new shoes!

Wow....that's all I can say. I was at the Shoreline Ampitheater last night - on my birthday July 13th - and I wish I had been able to afford regular seats as I couldn't see squat from the lawn; everyone was standing and I'm vertically challenged.

I've got to say though - they were AWESOME and Chris is quite the showman. He seems like he's the type of guy you could just walk up to and strike up a conversation about whatever. Great show and I came home with a (popped) yellow ball and lots of confetti - some of it was plastered and decopauged to my right tennis shoe <g> I think I am going to laquer it and go get some new shoes!

thanks for the review and welcome to coldplaying! ;)

this show was a HELL of a lot better than last year's san jose show. i've got some crappy pics as well, but took some cool vids. although, i got shut down halfway through billie jean. and then my cam died. but it was cool to see the band run by on their way backstage for the first encore. god damn those kids move around a lot! they were all over the damn place! definitely got my money's worth with cemeteries of london, and part of talk. viva was awesome as always, and yellow was a hilight last night. great gig.

yesterday was my very first Coldplay concert and it was the most perfect monday of my life!!!! i cannot believe my luck after all the stress i had to go through to get tickets, the tickets i ended up with were a few seats from the b-stage!! i was section 200

i got a great shot of the guys i still cannot believe it!! too bad my stupid camera ran out of memory and i got like 8 seconds of the B-stage performance.:angry:

although i hate that almost no butterflies went my way and absolutely no yellow balloons went my way either:cry: BUT i still got the B-stage so itsall good. and i did get some butterflies that i snatched from the reach of the people next to me:D

one thing i hated was that there so many people around me that did not even seem like REAL coldplay fans they barely knew the words to the songs and they had no spirit and they were in my way! but the B-stage and all the songs make me forget about all that. it was simply an AWESOME show and i cannot wait to see them again! and i believe they did the micheal jackson song amazingly.I love COLDPLAY!!:D

I was stuck way in the back of the lawn. It was really dead back there - no one was singing along and the sound was kind of weak. I still had a good time though. Luckily for me, this was my third show and I was about 20 feet away from the C or B stage in the prior 2 shows.

I was planning on getting good seats and going to tonight's show in Sacramento - but it's too far of a drive.

I have videos!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t4sHlXqEr4]YouTube - Coldplay- Death Will Never Conquer[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j0_9zcUzXs]YouTube - Coldplay- Life in Technicolor[/ame]

I'm uploading a few more!

I HAVE BILLIE JEAN!!!!

i just need to upload it....

i have a clip of yellow, violet hill, the WHOLE B-stage set FROM 10 FEET AWAY, and politick

ALSO i brought a minidisc recorder, but it died at some point during the show. i may have 2 mins, i may have an hour and a half, i don't know yet.

....more to follow soon....