✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-09: Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlist

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you ready for the doozie...

because I dont think you are!

DSCN1753.jpg

:stunned::bomb::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAHUHUIHSKAJDGBVDHAGDFGAHAHGGFAGHFAFF

:bomb::bomb::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::mad::sweatdrop:

GIANAAAAAA

BEST LIVE PIC EVAH!!

HAVING A BERRYDOWN!!!:dead:

See The World Goes To Coldplay

Hope life is well where you're at. Just wanted to fill you in on our latest undertaking. Sam and I went to see our first Coldplay concert on Saturday. Driving from Minneapolis to East Troy, Wisconsin was about 350 miles, and the tickets cost an arm and a leg, but it was totally worth it. I would walk 500 miles, and I would walk 500 more, just to be the man that sits 100 rows up at a Coldplay show (insert witty quote from 40 Year Old Virgin here).

Coldplay offers something that almost no other band today can offer: a chance to hear the biggest band in the world (34,000 fans + Chris, Johnny, Will, and Guy) sing in unison. The crowds a capella performance at the end of Fix You gave me shivers (reminded me of The Chordials and some of my other favorites). In addition to the spot-on performance by the band, the big-screen video production was exceptional. Though it was displayed in real-time, the footage looked like a professional music video. I can't imagine the cost of lights and visual effects-- I wonder if the band even gets paid at the end of all that goes into it? Kidding.

http://seetheworldblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/see-world-goes-to-coldplay.html

Coldplay live!

Once in awhile, a concert comes along that is so captivating in all of its parts that after its short-lived moment, one leaves feeling brighter and more inspired than before. This past Saturday, Coldplay brought such a show — complete in flawless, live performances and luminous visuals — to Alpine Valley.

The set opened with “Life In Technicolor” as the shadows of Chris Martin, Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, and Will Champion were seen behind a dimly lit sheath suspended in front of the stage. As the audience echoed the song’s one, chanting lyric followed with wild applause, the band transitioned into “Violet Hill.” Martin sang with his iconic Coldplay voice, alternating between low and high pitches, as violet lights beamed on a giant backdrop of Eugéne Delacroix’s painting, “Liberty Guiding The People.” Keeping with the French theme, Martin and crew — dressed as shabby revolutionaries — played their way expertly through Viva La Vida’s title track, on to “Cemeteries Of London” and eventually “Clocks,” which was aided by Martin’s piano expertise and a mesmerizing red-and-blue light show. “Fix You,” didn’t come soon enough for the crowd, who sang the chorus while electrifying guitar riffs from Buckland reverberated throughout the amphitheater. “Lost!” soon followed, booming in with heart-pounding drumming from Champion.

Ever generous, Coldplay soon left the glowing stage and ventured out to their fans on the lawn. Fortune smiled on the band during “The Hardest Part,” as rain poured while Martin sang, “I could feel it go down/Bittersweet I could taste in my mouth/Silver lining in the clouds.” Through the cloudburst, Coldplay proved to be the silver lining as they soothed the crowd with the ironic song, managing to bring forth smiles amid the shivers. After honoring the late Michael Jackson with a cutesy rendition of “Billie Jean,” Coldplay returned front and center to put the unforgettable final touches on the show.

From start to finish, the band’s performance of “Lovers In Japan” was a rush of chiming melodies, flashing lights, and spinning colors all blended together into a cheerful symphony. It began with echoing plunks from Martin’s piano prompting fellow band members to fall, with perfect unison, into their allotted parts in the upbeat song. Then, when the chorus came each time, billows of paper butterflies in all colors fell from every corner of the pavilion ceiling. Fireworks flashed on the video screens and the audience became a sea of laughter and up-stretched hands, eagerly grasping at a new, welcomed rain. The butterflies seemed endless, as did Coldplay’s ability to please. Not once did they falter in their music or the loving attitude they extended to their fans. The entire set was a breathtaking spectacle — a beautiful blend of music and aesthetics intended to leave those in attendance with hearts aflutter. And, just when you thought you couldn’t love them more, they gave you a free CD at the door. It was epic. It was revolutionary. It was Coldplay.

– Stephanie Sadler

http://illinoisentertainer.com/2009/07/coldplay-live-2/#utm_source=feed&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=feed

Words cannot explain the feeling of complete and utter happiness that I feel when I’m at a Coldplay concert. If you ever attend a Coldplay show with me, you will not be able to wipe the smile off of my face no matter how hard you try. A sense of euphoria rushes through me, almost as if the sensation I’m experiencing is a drug being pumped through my veins and spreading all throughout my body giving me a high like no other. Basically, I was feeling ecstatic without actually using the drug Ecstasy. Simply put, I LOVE Coldplay and their songs! After Green Day, Chris Martin and Co. are my favorite band without a doubt. Each member can play each other’s instruments and as a bonus, each member can sing! I love that during the band’s live shows, all four guys harmonize with lead singer and frontman Chris Martin. Singing backing vocals is just another part of playing in Coldplay for guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion. For the song “Death Will Never Conquer,” Champion takes over lead vocal duties, giving Martin a brief break, and proves that some drummers really can carry a tune.

Opening with “Life In Technicolor,” fans couldn’t quite glimpse the band as the lights were still off, leaving the stage dark and the audience’s anticipation growing. “Life In Technicolor” is the instrumental track off of Coldplay’s latest studio album Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, which was released in June of 2008. It is the first song on the record and also happens to be the first song that kicks off Coldplay’s live set on their Viva La Vida Tour. During the band’s performance of their hit single “Yellow,” which brought the English foursome mainstream success, gigantic yellow balloons were dispersed from each side of the stage by tour crew members who chucked them out into the crowd to be thrown about like beach balls, much to every fan’s delight. Coldplay performed a medley of songs from a B stage positioned halfway between the lawn and the stage on the far right edge of the pavilion seats. Those four songs can be found below in the set list with (B) following their titles. Coldplay then returned to the main stage to perform their massive hit “Viva La Vida” and past single “Lost.” Once more, the guys were seen running up the far left side of pavilion seats to a C stage positioned in the center of the lawn directly behind the mix. The three songs performed in the lawn can be found below with a © following their names. The C stage set concluded with what was probably the best cover of Michael Jackson’s “Billie Jean” that I have ever heard.

While the band ran back to the main stage from the lawn to launch into “Politik,” a remix of “Viva La Vida” kept the crowd singing along and desperately wanting more songs to be played. Confetti in the shape of multi-hued butterflies covered every single fan (me and my friend Vilmarie!) in the GA pit, as well as the majority of fans in the pavilion seats, during the second half of Coldplay’s newest single “Lovers In Japan.” Although “The Escapist” is not listed as an actual track included on Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends, Coldplay ends their Viva La Vida Tour with this outro. If you have the album, you’ll recognize “The Escapist” from the last 2 minutes and 46 seconds of the closing track “Death And All His Friends.” I have seen Coldplay live in concert five times and this was by far the best show yet. You must make it a point to see the band play a show at least once during your lifetime. You will NOT be disappointed. And make sure to catch Coldplay on tour NOW to pick up your free physical copy of the band’s brand new live album LeftRightLeftRightLeft. I got mine, now go get yours!

http://thedeadhub.com/coldplay-continues-to-viva-la-vida/

hey

hey I am new here as you can see, but after seeing Coldplay live at Alpine Valley I was compelled to buy the rest of their records and find a site to talk about the band. I have been to about 9 concerts in my life and I have to say that this one was hands down the best! I had the time of my life at Alpine Valley and Coldplay was absolutely great live! I also enjoyed Elbow lol

I took over 250 pics and took 3 videos (Billie Jean, The Scientist, and Life in Technicolor ii) which I will post sooner or later...well maybe not all of those pictures...

hope you had fun at that concert because it was AMAZING!

Wow. I wonder if I saw the same show as everyone else!

The consensus seems to be that Alpine Valley was the best and loudest crowd of the tour. Possibly, but not from where I was sitting. I guess I should have ditched the lawn tickets and spent extra when pit tickets came on sale. Having already seen them twice on this tour I opted not to. Wrong choice.

This poor bastard was stuck on the lawn just to the side of the beer sales so I was center on the lawn. I hadn't been to the venue before but was warned that if you are on the lawn the volume is far too low at the sides. But, it was dreadfully quiet in the center too. I'm surprised that Alpine Valley hasn't figured out a way to boost the sound for those in that last half of the lawn.

The crowd in our area was apathetic. Most talked during the show (few were singing) and with the low volume you could clearly hear everyone around us. And when the rain fell (oh I loved it! It was great!) most grumbled rather than embracing the wonderful atmosphere and the coincidence of the lyrics.

With five or six songs left in the set we wandered down the lawn as far as we could manage before the security check point for pit and seat tickets. The atmospere was better but still surprisingly subdued. At least the sound was better.

Have to say that while I enjoyed the concert (really I did! Really!) the venue needs some work. Vending prices are out of this world and while I can see paying these amounts in a Madison Square Gardens, AV is not New York City. Getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare. We were in the yellow lot (why wouldn't we be!) and it was a 3 hour commute back to Milwaukee. 90 mins of cars completely stationary. (And the hardest part was getting out of the parking lot. It was the hardest part. Oh oh oh!) Hahahaha.

We had a great crew of people and met a few folks in lines and around us. Lots of fun but a bit disappointed with the lack of singing in the back. That's it! I've resolved to only buy top rate tickets for now on.

Oh well. The Winnipeg and Minneapolis shows completely blew me away. not every show can be a record setting experience!

Wow. I wonder if I saw the same show as everyone else!

The consensus seems to be that Alpine Valley was the best and loudest crowd of the tour. Possibly, but not from where I was sitting. I guess I should have ditched the lawn tickets and spent extra when pit tickets came on sale. Having already seen them twice on this tour I opted not to. Wrong choice.

This poor bastard was stuck on the lawn just to the side of the beer sales so I was center on the lawn. I hadn't been to the venue before but was warned that if you are on the lawn the volume is far too low at the sides. But, it was dreadfully quiet in the center too. I'm surprised that Alpine Valley hasn't figured out a way to boost the sound for those in that last half of the lawn.

The crowd in our area was apathetic. Most talked during the show (few were singing) and with the low volume you could clearly hear everyone around us. And when the rain fell (oh I loved it! It was great!) most grumbled rather than embracing the wonderful atmosphere and the coincidence of the lyrics.

With five or six songs left in the set we wandered down the lawn as far as we could manage before the security check point for pit and seat tickets. The atmospere was better but still surprisingly subdued. At least the sound was better.

Have to say that while I enjoyed the concert (really I did! Really!) the venue needs some work. Vending prices are out of this world and while I can see paying these amounts in a Madison Square Gardens, AV is not New York City. Getting out of the parking lot was a nightmare. We were in the yellow lot (why wouldn't we be!) and it was a 3 hour commute back to Milwaukee. 90 mins of cars completely stationary. (And the hardest part was getting out of the parking lot. It was the hardest part. Oh oh oh!) Hahahaha.

We had a great crew of people and met a few folks in lines and around us. Lots of fun but a bit disappointed with the lack of singing in the back. That's it! I've resolved to only buy top rate tickets for now on.

Oh well. The Winnipeg and Minneapolis shows completely blew me away. not every show can be a record setting experience!

You should've got there earlier... the lawn seating near the front had everybody singing, dancing, having a good time. It was great!