✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-09: Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlist

Angie, they should let you go to every show for free and let you report back to us with pictures and videos. Oh, and they could give you a set of meet and greets to every show and you could hook up a couple of fans here on Coldplaying. And you would know they are true fans!

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angie, they should let you go to every show for free and let you report back to us with pictures and videos. Oh, and they could give you a set of meet and greets to every show and you could hook up a couple of fans here on Coldplaying. And you would know they are true fans!
I could out blog R#42 any day of the week! :P He's soooo busy with his real job and we need a blog from every show! :angry:

Reasons why I should take over for cameraman Phil.

1. I know the show as well as he does.

2. I have video skilz!

3. I am short and the people in the front row will be glad they can all see over me.

DangerDanger...it's long and wordy!!!

Okay peeps....just back from very midwesterny, milky, cheesy,(in a food way),waterparky, Coldplay weekend.

This isn't so much a review as a little personal tour diary for myself so plan accordingly.

(I'm pretty sure this was my final show of the tour sniff,sniff, so it's indulgent and probably boring but I don't care.)

And firstly I have a big thank you to Lori & Mike, for making sure we got right up front....and Angie & Gianna for getting me the Elbow setlist!!! (I'll post that seperately in a sec)

I kept saying to Lori...what the hell, they are so far away from us, can't they come down to our end of the rail! I missed you 2 alot dammit!

Anyway, show wise, firstly I have to yell....

"ELBOW are MAGNIFICENT!!!

Okay, had to get that out of my system...on to our boys..

I thought the crowd was amazing- it was SO loud in there. Even songs like 42 and Cemeteries , which usually don't generate as much excitement from the audience, had a big sing-along.

2 songs into it, at the end of Violet Hill, Mike and I looked at each other and almost simultaneously pulled a 'holy shit' look....

I think we both thought that song was just exploded from the stage. Chris sounding amazing and Jonny giving it something extra in a..... I don't know guitars well enough to explain it technically..... but WOW.

The funny flip side of that song was the last pre-encore

song, DAAHF. Right before the chorus, where Jonny chimes in on

the guitar part at about 2:20, he completely came in too soon and it was

REALLY loud and obvious. It took about 4 or 5 notes in before

he snapped. Nobody even flinched but as soon as the song was over and they were crossing each others paths to clap for the audience they

were all atwitter.

I was reading lips all over the stage and it was

really funny....basically Chris crossed with Jonny

and was motioning like 'Oh man, sorry.' Then he has a tugs

on Guy who laughs and waves towards Jonny. Then Chris

grabs Will and Will whispers in his ear and points at Jonny -at which point I can see Chris laugh and say really clearly "I thought it was me". Lots of back slapping and Chris & Jonny giggling at each other during the bow. I guess after 138 shows that kind of thing really tickles you, but it was cute to watch.

I commited a Coldplay show sin by leaving the front of the pit before the encore was over- my kids, whom were left out on the lawn, ( hey, they don't give out mother -of-the-year AND Coldplay's biggest fangirl awards to the same person now do they)....anyway, as I was saying , they were out there getting totally drenched so I had some pity on the little buzz killers and retrieved them from the downpour. To be honest, my 14 yr old was a little miserable but my 8 year old was like" no mom! I'm not cold, this show rocks!!!"

All in all, a fine day for The Spillers Coldplay loving family. And Oh yeah, I might have a little suprise coming on the site in a few days...we'll see.

Finally Angie. for the love of god, that is an unbelievable slew of incredible pics. I love the Elbow ones SO much and I still don't understand how the ones of Chris with the clipboard look like you were standing ON the piano. They are so crisp and clear, that is one bad-ass camera.

I'm gonna miss meeting up with my coldplaying friends so much. I wish I was joining Lori & Angie & Michie & Mel in London ... and Anna & Carol too.... and our fearless leaders Jen & Ian...and all these other coldplay crazy people like Josh on here. Sniff sniff again.

Okay, unpacking, and washing stinky wet swimsuits, and feeding that gorgeous cat in my avatar is the next order of business....right after I check out all the vids posted here and look on my camera for any decent ones, I do have my priorities you know....

I could out blog R#42 any day of the week! :P He's soooo busy with his real job and we need a blog from every show! :angry:

Reasons why I should take over for cameraman Phil.

1. I know the show as well as he does.

2. I have video skilz!

3. I am short and the people in the front row will be glad they can all see over me.

Agreed. I don't know how Roadie 42 can blog every two weeks or so and call himself a blogger! We need more. I nominate you for all of the above!

Thanks Kelly. I know you guys wanted me down there.....seeing as you both kept texting me that message :lol: but we were so packed in and I didn't want to try and go down there and then not be able to make it. Beside we had a pretty damn good place.

Gianna's friend told us during Elbow, OMG, your friend down there is going insane. :laugh3: So after the set I said hey lets get a set list for Kelly and Gianna yelled at the roadies and they gave us one.

Then we both got Coldplay set lists much to the agitation of the people standing around us. What can we say, we are some greedy bitches! :smug:

out of the three other times I saw them on VLV tour this was by far the best crowd and the best the boys had played to the crowd even though there were some mistakes here and there made by them (only coldplayers would notice anyways).. From the moment of the 'ohhhh ohhhhh ohhh oh oh" in LIT Chris gave the look that he knew the crowd was going to be fantastic. This was my last Coldplay show for the tour and it is so hard realizing I wont see them for a couple years. (honestly its soo hard) When they do come back, I will be ready

Roadie Rick made sure I got it too. He gave it to the security dude and said THAT ONE pointing to me. :D

I told him I was from Houston and came for the show. HOUSTON! we were just there! I know, I was at the show. :lol:

haha he should have known better. if you're from houston and your way up north to see coldplay then maybe just maybe you were at the show in your home town :rolleyes:

out of the three other times I saw them on VLV tour this was by far the best crowd and the best the boys had played to the crowd even though there were some mistakes here and there made by them (only coldplayers would notice anyways).. From the moment of the 'ohhhh ohhhhh ohhh oh oh" in LIT Chris gave the look that he knew the crowd was going to be fantastic. This was my last Coldplay show for the tour and it is so hard realizing I wont see them for a couple years. When they do come back, I will be ready
I may have to quit my job, cash in my 401K and do the whole fuckin tour!

Ha Angie, love the ass shot :lol: It looks like he turns round and nearly catches you at one point too :laugh4:

Where has his butt gone though? :thinking: Has gone all Berryman-like now, he had some junk in his trunk for a while. Didn't he say in an interview Paltrow was teasing him about his "belly?" I blame her, she's put him on a diet and shrunk the junk :angry: :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAA2-zByDRo]YouTube - Coldplay Lovers In Japan Live @ Alpine 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grYB8lOdKFY]YouTube - Coldplay Politik Live @ Alpine Valley 2009[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVQIYR5tXqQ]YouTube - about Their best Crowd... Alpine Valley 2009[/ame]