✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

25-Jul-09: Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlist

Thanks Kelly. I know you guys wanted me down there.....seeing as you both kept texting me that message :lol: but we were so packed in and I didn't want to try and go down there and then not be able to make it. Beside we had a pretty damn good place.

Gianna's friend told us during Elbow, OMG, your friend down there is going insane. :laugh3: So after the set I said hey lets get a set list for Kelly and Gianna yelled at the roadies and they gave us one.

Then we both got Coldplay set lists much to the agitation of the people standing around us. What can we say, we are some greedy bitches! :smug:

Please let me clarify this just because I can. Longtime lurker, never post because but this is quite a special occasion. The reason we were agitated, or mainly me, was due to your annoying friend smacking my hand when we were reaching for the set lists. I have no problem if you guys go to see every show and want the set lists but lets use our manners we learned in preschool and not hit each other please. Nothing to do with you, just your annoying friend who officially goes down as the most annoying, pompous Coldplay fan I have ever been near at a concert, and that's saying something since I've seen them over 30 times. And please don't take that number as a way of me bragging because I don't care if you've seen them a thousand times, and neither did anyone around us. Maybe you noticed, but assuming by your continued talking obviously not, no one cared about the time you arrived or how many times you have seen them this year, no matter how hard you tried to brag. If you're reading this, which I'm sure you are, please understand that you are everything that most people hate in a Coldplay fan. A person who can hardly appreciate music outside of CP. I don't care if the band isn't your type of music, they are out there performing music that others may appreciate but you're obviously too selfish to realize that. Honestly, how much more disrespectful can you get than turning on your ipod during an opener when you are 5 feet from them, then exclaiming your desire for their set to be over as loud as possible. I stand by my decision to call you a fucking cunt and hope you try to shut your fucking mouth and enjoy the show from now on.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please let me clarify this just because I can. Longtime lurker, never post because but this is quite a special occasion. The reason we were agitated, or mainly me, was due to your annoying friend smacking my hand when we were reaching for the set lists. I have no problem if you guys go to see every show and want the set lists but lets use our manners we learned in preschool and not hit each other please. Nothing to do with you, just your annoying friend who officially goes down as the most annoying, pompous Coldplay fan I have ever been near at a concert, and that's saying something since I've seen them over 30 times. And please don't take that number as a way of me bragging because I don't care if you've seen them a thousand times, and neither did anyone around us. Maybe you noticed, but assuming by your continued talking obviously not, no one cared about the time you arrived or how many times you have seen them this year, no matter how hard you tried to brag. If you're reading this, which I'm sure you are, please understand that you are everything that most people hate in a Coldplay fan. A person who can hardly appreciate music outside of CP. I don't care if the band isn't your type of music, they are out there performing music that others may appreciate but you're obviously too selfish to realize that. Honestly, how much more disrespectful can you get than turning on your ipod during an opener when you are 5 feet from them, then exclaiming your desire for their set to be over as loud as possible. I stand by my decision to call you a fucking cunt and hope you try to shut your fucking mouth and enjoy the show from now on.
Wow, I see I'm not making in friends up north. OK first I did not slap at anyone. I'm not tall enough to slap at anyone. Rick pointed to me and wanted me to have the list. And secondly, what makes you think you know anything about what kind of music I listen to. I happen to love a lot of music outside of Coldplay and go to a lot of shows. KD&L aren't really my cup of tea so I'm not going to be jumping for joy during their set. Sorry if that bothers you but I would prefer to have them to off and a longer Elbow set played. As for me being a cunt, well yep I'm pretty sure that I am so that's not much of a news flash there. But you have a nice day now.

rocks!!!"

I'm gonna miss meeting up with my coldplaying friends so much. I wish I was joining Lori & Angie & Michie & Mel in London ... and Anna & Carol too.... and our fearless leaders Jen & Ian...and all these other coldplay crazy people like Josh on here. Sniff sniff again.

Awww...I wish you were coming too Kelly! Now you got me "filling up" as they say over here . I'd definitely give you "Mother of the year award" too without a doubt. :)

Great review by the way. :kiss:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbgmFX4Zkb4]YouTube - Fix You[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIW0KrYay9E]YouTube - Strawberry Swing[/ame]

Will :heart:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGf4sT2xgs]YouTube - Viva la Vida[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egSeJFcJyA8]YouTube - Green Eyes[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGSIlO0zak]YouTube - Politik[/ame]

Angie, are those vids taken with your still camera as well?

Yeah I only use 1 camera. I choose it because it does both pretty well. My friend has the model above mine and it takes better pics, but the video is crap. I think this one is the most zoom you can get and still have great video.

Now are gonna post that Elbow setlist or am I gonna have to spank you woman! :angry:

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59QB-ObY-B4]YouTube - LIJ opening[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HiweODBrnw]YouTube - Lovers In Japan[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYmHZOJ6Yk]YouTube - DAAHF[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpGmTDDgtc]YouTube - MVI 0393 DAAHF Jonny[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21LLRfBGK2A]YouTube - DAAHF ending[/ame]

Trainer Dan was out in the lawn area bequeathing ticket upgrades to unsuspecting people. I noticed him when he was talking to this group of three people who seemed totally confused at what he was asking him. I saw his security badge dangling down and saw who it was and looked over at my friend and said to her, "he's giving upgrades!" We were right on the rails on the left/Jonny's side. I tried calling to him as he walked by, but he didn't hear me :cry: The three people who did get the upgrades were clearly suprised at their luck.

Yeah I only use 1 camera. I choose it because it does both pretty well. My friend has the model above mine and it takes better pics, but the video is crap. I think this one is the most zoom you can get and still have great video.

Now are gonna post that Elbow setlist or am I gonna have to spank you woman! :angry:

:lol:

What kind of camera do you have? Its brilliant:)!

For all of you Coldplay vets that have seen multiple shows on this tour (like Angie apparently) does he always say that every concert is the #1 show of the tour or was he actually being semi-serious when he said that the Alpine Valley show ranked in the top 1?

Okay Elbow's short setlist reads as follows....

Station

Bones

Mirror Ball

Grounds

Towercrane

One Day Like This

and in teeeeny tiiiiny print below.....

"This is only a genuine setlist if this is written on it

Kitty, Daisy + Lewis ! (.....handwritten with a marker)

For all of you Coldplay vets that have seen multiple shows on this tour (like Angie apparently) does he always say that every concert is the #1 show of the tour or was he actually being semi-serious when he said that the Alpine Valley show ranked in the top 1?

Don't know, but it was the first time he got the clipboard out:laugh3:

No he doesn't and that was by far the loudest audience I have heard on the tour. He usually jokes around at the beginig or during the end of Yellow that "you guys sound great" kinda banter but usually includes stuff like I say this at every show.:P But like MartinFan said, this was his first official clipbaord speech.

Here are a few that I didn't put in my previous post. If there are 1 or 2 already on here please forgive me. I took screen caps of the footage from my camera that also turned out alright so I will post those later too.

IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg