✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

Bascially Z103.5 is a radio station in and around the Toronto, I heard about the Coldplay concert from them, and it was them that stated the venue was Molson Amphitheatre. This was all before the ticketmaster/livenation/ticketrus chaos. They also stated that they be giving away free tickets, but from past experience to listening to these guys, they be giving tickets a few weeks from the concert date, meaning around June/July they be giving them out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty, I'm completely afraid of being ripped off. What do you think is a good low-range ticket price, mid-range price, and high-range price? I'm looking for a mid-to-high, don't want to spend too much money since I'm just a student. Thanks. :)

face value for high end sections 100 and 200 and maybe even 300 will probably be around 120-130 after all service charges per ticket. But if you don't get those seats at face value like section 100 or 200, you'll be looking at anywhere from 200-400 a ticket possibly.

This is a repeat of my question, so it doesn't get lost under lots of posts before someone comes by who can answer it.

Section 100 or 200 being closer? And why is it that if you can't get seats at face value you pay more? It's like...if you can't get them for the real price you knowingly get ripped off? I'm a bit confused, but pretty desperate for tickets. :)

This is a repeat of my question, so it doesn't get lost under lots of posts before someone comes by who can answer it.

If the venue is at the Amphitheatre then the sections go 100,200,300,400, and GA Lawn.

If it's at the ACC then it's section 109 and 118 are the closest sections to the stage.

It really all depends on where the concert is going to be taking place. I hope it's not at toronto island because The Amphitheatre is way better. But nothing beats the Kool Haus in toronto where i saw them perform (Intimate 2000 person venue club in toronto).

And yeah if you don't get tickets at face value you might have to pay more.

And why is it that if you can't get seats at face value you pay more? It's like...if you can't get them for the real price you knowingly get ripped off? I'm a bit confused, but pretty desperate for tickets.

Well, if you knowingly pay a premium for tickets, you're not exactly getting ripped off. You can only buy them if you agree to the price. Doesn't feel ethical, but we live in an open market, supply and demand economy etc. The tickets posted on various sites as of today don't really exist yet because not even presales have happened yet. The vendors (either a website or an individual posting the offer on a website that provides that service) are speculating that they will be able to get the tickets they are offering. Some of the sites say something like - "this seat or better" guaranteed, which I assume means that if they don't get the ticket you bought, they will refund your money (unless they're fraud - see below). If you use such a service, you are buying "on spec(ulation)".

A very different situation also exists presently and is specifically targeting Coldplay ticket buyers. These sites are scams run by thieves. PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE on the Coldplay Live forum (thanks to Ian)

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2839947#post2839947

If you manage to miss out on a presale and the actual ticket sale is sold out before you can buy yours, you are likely in the hands of the scalpers, who don't care how much you need to see Coldplay and will sell tickets for the best price they can get. Sometimes you can get last minute deals, but who wants to chance that!

Regarding the Ticketrush site: If you are trying for the first time to buy a preale ticket through Ticketrush, once you select your event, they re-direct you to LiveNation anyway. If you've already joined Ticketrush and later return to their site, their site recognizes you and automatically re-directs you to LiveNation (at least until the presale password changes at the end of the month when, I hope, it will let us in again to get March's presale password, if we haven't had the presale yet).

And by the way, everything you need to know to buy Coldplay tickets is posted in this thread or the presale thread.

GOOD LUCK! We're all in the same boat.

Guest Osaka Sun

Can somebody explain to me the whole Ticketmaster/Live Nation pre-sale stuff? Is it really necessary to buy pre-sale tickets to get a good seat at the Amphitheatre?

I've never bought pre-sale tickets for concerts, games, etc. and I don't know the whole process surrounding it. Can anybody please help me out? :confused:

do some reading

Can somebody explain to me the whole Ticketmaster/Live Nation pre-sale stuff? Is it really necessary to buy pre-sale tickets to get a good seat at the Amphitheatre?

I've never bought pre-sale tickets for concerts, games, etc. and I don't know the whole process surrounding it. Can anybody please help me out? :confused:

This question might best be answered by the Oracle, but No, you don't NEED to buy pre-sale tickets. Doing so just gives you the first and probably best chance to get a good ticket. But you can take your chances and wait for the regular sale if you like.

As for the the "whole Ticketmaster/Live Nation pre-sale stuff?" you can find all the info you need by reading this thread, starting with the post that is the 5th before this one (mine), and the "pre-sale" thread. You'll need to do some reading. :o

Good Luck! ;)