✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have answered a lot of my questions...but yet managed to confuse me at the same time! LOL!

Seriously though, thanks for some of the information. I didn't even know it was going to be at the Molson Amphitheatre b/c the website doesn't list it yet. I'm sorry if this has already been asked but how did you guys find this out?

I am still toying with the idea of going to this show... of course it is very far away from Long Island but I will have my house in upstate NY which is sort of halfway between here and there. I doubt it will work out because I'd have to miss too much work but I haven't given up on the idea just yet!

this is actually getting ridiculous! I have this feeling that they're going to post the presale sometime while I'm at school or something.

I feel your pain, I have a midterm on Friday until 10am if they do go on sale then...but I'm of course going to get someone to do it for me. sucks though.

Everything Will be Fine

Here is my guess and assumptions. If you go on the Coldplay Link you will notice that there are dates missing between the toronto show, the show before the toronto one and the show after the toronto one. My guess is that they will do 2 performances at the Amphitheatre. I can't imagine them doing just 1 after doing 2 sell out shows at the ACC last summer.

So here are my tips.

A) Be aware for a second on-sale time if the concert sells out within minutes (which it will).

B) GO on ticketmaster just before 10, open up the purchase screen and even though it says (tickets are not on sale yet) around 9:59 and 55 seconds start hitting your F5 (refresh button). Do not hit it too many times or else you won't be able to purchase seats. (it will say you have refreshed the page too many times.)

C) The Pre-sale password is VENUE through ticketrush.

D) go on google and search free pre-sale passwords, and it will have coldplay password.

E) Never buy tickets off of Ticketsnow.com, Jumbotickets.com stubhub.com or anything like that. go to craigslist, kijiji.ca or even e-bay have cheaper seats. also try http://www.etorontotickets.com they do price their tickets at a premium however not as expensive as other ticket places.

And for ticket prices to the event, I have been doing research of the US city dates and their prices, and they have been around 100US for the most expensive (face value), i imagine the Canadian city prices to be around 120+ service charges for the most expensive, with grass seats going around 60-80.

As for the Amphitheatre as a venue, man there is nothing like being outdoors in the summer time watching one of the hottest bands on the planet.

I hope that helps everyone out.

Here is my guess and assumptions. If you go on the Coldplay Link you will notice that there are dates missing between the toronto show, the show before the toronto one and the show after the toronto one. My guess is that they will do 2 performances at the Amphitheatre. I can't imagine them doing just 1 after doing 2 sell out shows at the ACC last summer.

So here are my tips.

A) Be aware for a second on-sale time if the concert sells out within minutes (which it will).

B) GO on ticketmaster just before 10, open up the purchase screen and even though it says (tickets are not on sale yet) around 9:59 and 55 seconds start hitting your F5 (refresh button). Do not hit it too many times or else you won't be able to purchase seats. (it will say you have refreshed the page too many times.)

C) The Pre-sale password is VENUE through ticketrush.

D) go on google and search free pre-sale passwords, and it will have coldplay password.

E) Never buy tickets off of Ticketsnow.com, Jumbotickets.com stubhub.com or anything like that. go to craigslist, kijiji.ca or even e-bay have cheaper seats. also try http://www.etorontotickets.com they do price their tickets at a premium however not as expensive as other ticket places.

And for ticket prices to the event, I have been doing research of the US city dates and their prices, and they have been around 100US for the most expensive (face value), i imagine the Canadian city prices to be around 120+ service charges for the most expensive, with grass seats going around 60-80.

As for the Amphitheatre as a venue, man there is nothing like being outdoors in the summer time watching one of the hottest bands on the planet.

I hope that helps everyone out.

Thank you, that definitely helps. Looks like I'm going to be skipping class Friday morning so this whole presale business had better be worth it.

The fact that it's on Friday the 13th kind of worries me, however...

I detest Ticketmaster with a passion. They always do this! Confuse everyone at the last moment. My friend said for major bands, they don't list the dates before but on the day the sale happens there is info. AH!

I wish someone could create a website even EMI and sell the tickets of the artists they have contracted with.

Thank you, that definitely helps. Looks like I'm going to be skipping class Friday morning so this whole presale business had better be worth it.

The fact that it's on Friday the 13th kind of worries me, however...

Yeah i mean you could miss school, the regular on-sale will either be saturday or monday. They only release a certain amount to pre-sale so it's not like all tickets will be released.

Also to a previous post, the reason why there are tickets up on websites sometimes before they are on sale to the general public is because individuals who are season seat holders for the maple leafs or raptors and are gold or platinum season seat holders will get access to a pre-sale before the general public.

Just a few things...people cannot have tickets before the concert comes on sale because the venue is not the ACC, so no one holds seasons tickets. Also, just to clarify, (although it's no longer posted on ticketmaster or Live Nation) tickets were supposed to be going on sale friday, not saturday or monday. The pre-sale would have to be thursday. Unfortunately I cannot find any info on this pre-sale people are talking about on ticketrush...Toronto is not one of the listed concerts. I personally think something is up with the Toronto date, because it is the only one missing, and the only one that had the venue as TBC, when ticketmaster listed the amphitheatre...maybe they're changing the date, or adding a date, I don't know, this is all speculation, I just find it all very weird...

very very weird

Just a few things...people cannot have tickets before the concert comes on sale because the venue is not the ACC, so no one holds seasons tickets. Also, just to clarify, (although it's no longer posted on ticketmaster or Live Nation) tickets were supposed to be going on sale friday, not saturday or monday. The pre-sale would have to be thursday. Unfortunately I cannot find any info on this pre-sale people are talking about on ticketrush...Toronto is not one of the listed concerts. I personally think something is up with the Toronto date, because it is the only one missing, and the only one that had the venue as TBC, when ticketmaster listed the amphitheatre...maybe they're changing the date, or adding a date, I don't know, this is all speculation, I just find it all very weird...

This whole mess (as it seems to me to be) is a very un-Coldplay experience. I'm not a concert-goer but MUST see Coldplay and as Toronto is the only Canadian date announced, I really want tickets. It's weird to me that whatever is going on corporately, we, the fans, are the ones who are affected adversely.

I just have to take a break from it for a while to keep my sanity.

I don't think that tickets will go on sale Friday, they can't just release tickets without having any warning to the population of when tickets are going on sale, they want there to be a hype where people talk about the sale date. If someone is not a Coldplay crazy fan like us, they don't know about the concert because it's not listed anywhere. Also, they have plenty of time to sell the tickets, they could do it next month or even the month after that and it would still be plenty of time before the concert. If anyone has any info on this dilemma, please let us know!

please, let me know if i understood...:confused:

To get my tickets i have to go on ticketrush and get an account, so then friday i have to but the tickets online? But why are all the other ticket's prices already there accept the ones for Toronto? What if I want to knoe the prices right now?

please, let me know if i understood...:confused:

To get my tickets i have to go on ticketrush and get an account, so then friday i have to but the tickets online? But why are all the other ticket's prices already there accept the ones for Toronto? What if I want to knoe the prices right now?

If you want to get a presale code you have to sign up to TicketRush.com.

We have no idea why all the other ticket prices are listed and not the ones for Toronto, but we're speculating that's because details aren't finalized.

Again, we're not even sure if the presale happens on Friday the 13th or not, so as you can see there's loads of confusion. :thinking: