✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Osaka Sun

I missed both Coldplay concerts last year in Toronto, so there's no way I'm going to miss another this time.

And yeah, the LiveNation page for the event was there before, but now it's gone. Weird...

Do you guys think that they'll add a second date? Molson Amphitheatre holds only a fraction of what the ACC holds, and they sold out there twice! They have 4 days of nothing before and after the concert I have a feeling they'll add a show...I'm hoping!

Well the ACC and the Molson Amp hold around the same amount of people when it comes to concerts (16 000)...but I do think there will be a second show. Maybe even a third.

Ticketmaster controversy

This is so weird, just yesterday, there was ticket info on ticketmaster.ca about the concert...but it's not posted anymore. :S

On Friday Feb 6th, a story hit the Candian media that Springstein fans and the Boss himself were berating Ticketmaster for unfair ticket selling practices. Ticketmaster owns a reseller, Ticketsnow, and when Ticketmaster sold Of Springstein tickets out in a few minutes, there were a multitude of tickts available on Ticketsnow, at a huge mark-up, of course. Ticketmaster is also trying to merge with LiveNation. Here's a link to a CNN story about this story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/06/ticketmaster.livenation.reax/

Looks like Ticketmaster has reacted to the outcry and took down their early lisitngs.

I'm assuming that Coldplay tickets will be posted on Ticketmaster and/or Live Nation on Friday Feb 13th as announced. In the meantime, there are other re-sellers with tickets listed for sale. One is "jumbotickets", but I'm guessing their prices are inflated too (can someone please let me know if that guess is correct?).

Ziggy

On Friday Feb 6th, a story hit the Candian media that Springstein fans and the Boss himself were berating Ticketmaster for unfair ticket selling practices. Ticketmaster owns a reseller, Ticketsnow, and when Ticketmaster sold Of Springstein tickets out in a few minutes, there were a multitude of tickts available on Ticketsnow, at a huge mark-up, of course. Ticketmaster is also trying to merge with LiveNation. Here's a link to a CNN story about this story:

Looks like Ticketmaster has reacted to the outcry and took down their early lisitngs.

I'm assuming that Coldplay tickets will be posted on Ticketmaster and/or Live Nation on Friday Feb 13th as announced. In the meantime, there are other re-sellers with tickets listed for sale. One is "jumbotickets", but I'm guessing their prices are inflated too (can someone please let me know if that guess is correct?).

Ziggy

I really dislike Ticketmaster and Live Nation, horrible service! But the thing is, why are US concerts still listed, if this is what they hope to do? They have sales that are to be open on Feb 13th, just like the Toronto's show. This is absolutely insane.

I really dislike Ticketmaster and Live Nation, horrible service! But the thing is, why are US concerts still listed, if this is what they hope to do? They have sales that are to be open on Feb 13th, just like the Toronto's show. This is absolutely insane.

I agree, and I'm confused too. I'm just speculating (reasonably, I think) about the connection between the controversy and the disappearance of Coldplay tickets from their site. There is probably a corporate difference between Ticketmaster Canada and Ticketmaster USA, and of course the regulating bodies may be respondiong differently in the two countries. But we're not alone and thousands of fans have made their feelings known about this aggravating situation to Ticketmaster (you can, too, if you like - I did) since the Springstien news broke on Firday.

I just want to see Coldplay at reasonable (and not artifically hiked) ticket prices!

I think we just need to be patient and keep checking the ticket sales sites, especially Live Nation.

If I learn anything more definitive I will post it here, and I ask that anyone else do the same.

Fingers crossed,

Ziggy

I agree, and I'm confused too. I'm just speculating (reasonably, I think) about the connection between the controversy and the disappearance of Coldplay tickets from their site. There is probably a corporate difference between Ticketmaster Canada and Ticketmaster USA, and of course the regulating bodies may be respondiong differently in the two countries. But we're not alone and thousands of fans have made their feelings known about this aggravating situation to Ticketmaster (you can, too, if you like - I did) since the Springstien news broke on Firday.

I just want to see Coldplay at reasonable (and not artifically hiked) ticket prices!

I think we just need to be patient and keep checking the ticket sales sites, especially Live Nation.

If I learn anything more definitive I will post it here, and I ask that anyone else do the same.

Fingers crossed,

Ziggy

It's a great speculation, it links together very well. As you said Ziggy, we just have to be patient and keep checking the sites. I will also post if there is anymore information! I am for sure letting Ticketmaster know about my feelings.

hey guys, sorry if this is a stupid question but does anyone have any experience with this venue? I was looking at the seating chart and it shows a front pit which I am assuming will be GA? Is it on grass?

Anyone have any info on this? I'm mostly wondering because I will be driving into town and wanna know how early I'd prolly have to get in there by to get a good spot if its GA!

Thanks a bunch

It's a great speculation, it links together very well. As you said Ziggy, we just have to be patient and keep checking the sites. I will also post if there is anymore information! I am for sure letting Ticketmaster know about my feelings.

I'm just mad that come friday and saturday, ordinary people like me will be lucky to get any tickets at all---they're going to sell out in minutes because the ticketsnow creeps (among all the others) already have their hands on the majority. Ticketsnow is showing Coldplay tickets for sale--how can they justify this? I wish there was another way to buy tickets.

^^^^keep checking Ticketmaster.ca

If dates are settled, all you need for pre-sale is the Ticket Rush password (just make sure it applies for this venue).

I tried to buy tix for a Jack Mannequin's concert to see how the Ticket Rush thing worked, and this what happened:

Apparently, you have to go thru TicketRush 1st.

On the concert listed, the "Remind me" button should change into a "Buy Tickets"

Click that button, and it asks you for the password, then it sends you to Ticketmaster for the "LiveNation pre-sale."

Ticketmaster will ask you for the TicketRush password when looking for tickets.

Ziggy

Both JumboTickets and TicketsNow are selling tickets for ridiculously inflated prices, and I would guess other sites are doing the same. What I would like to know is how they can get tickets before they even go on presale, especially JumboTickets which doesn't even appear to be affiliated with Live Nation or Ticketmaster. How can this possibly be allowed?

Nothing yet on TicketRush...but does anyone know where to find the password, for when we need it? Assuming that we will need it, that is...

This is extremely aggravating but I'm going to try to stay optimistic and hope that everything will work itself out and we'll be able to get tickets. It looks like Ticketmaster can't afford to get itself into any more trouble. ;)

Both JumboTickets and TicketsNow are selling tickets for ridiculously inflated prices, and I would guess other sites are doing the same. What I would like to know is how they can get tickets before they even go on presale, especially JumboTickets which doesn't even appear to be affiliated with Live Nation or Ticketmaster. How can this possibly be allowed?

Nothing yet on TicketRush...but does anyone know where to find the password, for when we need it? Assuming that we will need it, that is...

This is extremely aggravating but I'm going to try to stay optimistic and hope that everything will work itself out and we'll be able to get tickets. It looks like Ticketmaster can't afford to get itself into any more trouble. ;)

See my latest post on the "North American pre sales???" thread

I just checked with Jumbo tickets and they're selling section 101 tickets at $899 each! it's disgusting, how is this a legitimate business? these guys don't deserve to make a penny. i wish we could buy tickets directly through Coldplay, that would be a perfect world.

This is insane ticketsnow has lawn tickets up for over 300 bucks?

How in the world they can justify having tickets already I don't know, I guess ticketmaster is just laughing at everyone right now. This is really pathetic. Even they have become a scalper.

Also for those who asked about the venue. Seats are great and close, but there is a great vibe on the lawns. I always have a great time up there.

I had always thought that TicketsNow and JumboTickets don't have the tickets yet, but when they go on sale, they hope to get those seats and then send them to the consumer when they do. So the consumer pays for it and then has the worry that they won't even get the actual seats. I might be wrong.

Oh, I emailed ticketmaster just to see what's going on with the Toronto date, hopefully they reply back with an okay answer.