✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

30-Jul-09: Rogers Centre, Toronto, ON - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews, Setlists, Photos/Videos

from coldplay.com

Good evening. Coldplay's show in Toronto on 29th July was due to go on sale tomorrow (13th Feb). However, due to delays with being able to announce the venue, the on sale date has now been moved back to 27th February (and we'll be confirming the venue before that).

Anchorman

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would refer primarily to the official coldplay website, I received the coldplay news letter today and it say TBC.

On a side note (Noted towards everyone) if everyone took the time to read previous posts, then they would not need to ask "whats the deal, whats going on with pre-sale etc etc" Read all previous posts because you will get your answer. And because these are "die hard fans", someone will post information as soon as they know. I really hope they do not re-locate to Toronto Island, i prefer reserved seating.

Also i went on the pre-sale for one of the US venues and the pre-sale max for tickets was 4.

ok, so then the toronto show details are all up in the air now? i have been religiously keeping up to date with the newsletter and coldplay.com but the information keeps getting changed so frequently it's hard to know what is the latest true info! venue-wise.

i hope it ends up at the amphitheatre because i saw them there in 2003 for rush of blood and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. gen. admission floor is the best for that venue and i really hope they don't end up going back to the acc since they always end up there :P

so tickets are now pushed back to being on sale on 27 february?

can someone post when they know more details about a toronto presale?

thanks for all the help clarifying things guys.

i have been a diehard fan since 2001 but have only recently joined coldplaying.com forums and realize now i should've been here long ago! this is a great place for true fans helping fans :)

~amy

ok, so then the toronto show details are all up in the air now? i have been religiously keeping up to date with the newsletter and coldplay.com but the information keeps getting changed so frequently it's hard to know what is the latest true info! venue-wise.

i hope it ends up at the amphitheatre because i saw them there in 2003 for rush of blood and it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. gen. admission floor is the best for that venue and i really hope they don't end up going back to the acc since they always end up there :P

so tickets are now pushed back to being on sale on 27 february?

can someone post when they know more details about a toronto presale?

thanks for all the help clarifying things guys.

i have been a diehard fan since 2001 but have only recently joined coldplaying.com forums and realize now i should've been here long ago! this is a great place for true fans helping fans :)

~amy

I would check back next week sometime on ticketmaster.ca My guess is that they will have something up by next friday (the 20th). and the ticketrush password for the Month of February is "venue". I tried it today through live nation and through the ticketmaster.com website for the san diego event and it worked. The weird thing was through live nation there was only a pre-sale limit of 4, and through ticketmaster.com by putting in the ticketrush password it was a pre-sale limit of 8. So who knows what it will be for Toronto.

thank you mikemoe!!!

awesome, you're going to SD...if only my uncle still lived there i'd go too :P

damn i'd love to do a huge roadtrip for this tour. i have a car i always use for long distance concert trips and coldplay is one i have yet to go super far for, even though i've seen them several times. i'd love to go to the boston show!

this postponement of the ticket on-sale date is a blessing for me because i'll be able to get a bit more money back on my credit card...still some remaining christmas charges on there!:shocked2:

anyway thanks again. everything's not lost indeed.

hopefully the presale situation comes through for us canucks!

~amy

in that case where is the confirmation found Rooney?

Z103.5, a radio station confirmed it and stated that they be giving away free tickets etc.

However I found this, tickets go on sale on the 27th

"Good evening. Coldplay's show in Toronto on 29th July was due to go on sale tomorrow (13th Feb). However, due to delays with being able to announce the venue, the on sale date has now been moved back to 27th February (and we'll be confirming the venue before that).

Anchorman"

http://www.coldplay.com/newsdetail.php?id=315

Is there going to be a presale and if so whats the password. I already got screwed out of Flight of the Conchord tickets last week because they sold out in presale I dont want to get screwed for Coldplay.

Anyone know?

Once again the coldplay tickets will go on sale on the 27th, presale will probably go on sale the day before or around that week. Stay tuned to this thread as more info. becomes available

Guest Osaka Sun

Are pre-sale tickets the way to go for this?

I have no idea how pre-sales work for concerts and it's so confusing because of all this venue bull....

EDIT: And what's this with the Z103.5 giveaway?

I've been a member here a long time, but never really posted - I didn't have anything to offer other than my love of Coldplay's music and those posts can get old fast.

I do feel compelled to post now regarding pre-sales and people freaking out over companies having tickets.

NO TICKETS could possibly have been issued yet as the venue isn't even confirmed. So how can a company charge $1,000 for something they don't even have for a venue that might not even be where the concert takes place?

These companies are speculative and operate on the principle that they believe they will have those tickets in hand when the pre-sale starts.

Nothing could be further from the truth - the playing field, at this point, is even. No one including TicketMaster or any of their evil offspring have tickets.

It's like me saying I have two Coldplay tickets and putting them up on eBay, selling them, then trying to get tickets on day of release. It's a stupid move and one that will bite the lot of them in the arse as far as I am concerned.

I've been a member here a long time, but never really posted - I didn't have anything to offer other than my love of Coldplay's music and those posts can get old fast.

I do feel compelled to post now regarding pre-sales and people freaking out over companies having tickets.

NO TICKETS could possibly have been issued yet as the venue isn't even confirmed. So how can a company charge $1,000 for something they don't even have for a venue that might not even be where the concert takes place?

These companies are speculative and operate on the principle that they believe they will have those tickets in hand when the pre-sale starts.

Nothing could be further from the truth - the playing field, at this point, is even. No one including TicketMaster or any of their evil offspring have tickets.

It's like me saying I have two Coldplay tickets and putting them up on eBay, selling them, then trying to get tickets on day of release. It's a stupid move and one that will bite the lot of them in the arse as far as I am concerned.

Some people do have tickets probably for this event, or have some sort of first dib access to tickets for this events. Promoters, advertisers, or people affiliated with the tour somehow may have tickets already or will be notified what tickets they will be getting.

The thing is, for sections 300-400 even though they are listed at 300-400US a ticket, you will be able to get those tickets on e-bay for around 400 canadian a pair.

I would imagine if they are having it at the amphitheatre that on craigslist and kijiji, and e-bay based on a face value of around 50 for GA Lawn and probably around 110 for Close Reserve seating it will go around 600-700 re-sale for sections 101-103, section 200's will go from 450-600, 300's will go for around 350-450, and section 400 will go for around 250-350. GA lawns i will imagine u will be able to get a pair for around 200 canadian. All of the above estimated prices are my guess based on a per-pair numbers. Obviously if you wanted dead center front row it might be like 1000/pair. But im guessing thats unlikely. Plus if they put forth 2 shows (which is a fair assumption), then the re-sale will only be significant in sections 100 and 200, the rest you will be able to get at just above face value. Keep in mind this is what people ask for them. A lot of sellers on e-bay have a best offer option. Also between e-bay and paypal on a 700 dollar sale will take about 80 bux. So if you were to arrange a local pick-up with someone they'd be willing to discount the price a significant amount.

If anyone has any questions about tickets or anything ask me. I think a lot of people are getting worried about getting tickets to coldplay. Another tip is that usually tickets are released a day or two before the event on ticketmaster. I remember when they played at the acc once and it was sold out, i went on ticketmaster 2 days before the event and bought lower bowl seats near the stage for face value. This happens frequently with leaf tickets, sometimes promoters can't get rid of their seats so ticketmaster releases more.

Coldplay just released another news bulleton on their website to confirm tickets will be on sale the 27th, no word on the venue, and no word on a pre-sale.

Good post and probably 100% correct.

I really want to go to this concert but i want to know if ticketrush could be trusted?

Is there a way to know? On their official site, they said that some sites can't be trusted!

It's actually with ticketrush/livenation, and unless you haven't been following the newspapers lately or have read online Livenation/ticketrush is a ticketmaster company and can 100% be trusted.

And 100% sued.

Yes there is a "class action lawsuit" against ticketmaster and their affiliated companies, however, the question was more pertaining on whether they could be trusted meaning that they would get real tickets and not fake tickets. Therefore, in that specific case they can be 100% trusted because they are the worlds largest ticket company, and do not issue fake tickets.