✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

18-May-2009: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Birmingham, AL

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am at the airport and they have free internets so I can post some stuff. :D

I went thru all my pics and videos last light and I got some awesome stuff. You may all want to lower your volume on first view as I was screaming way more than I realized. OMG the poor people around me. :uhoh2:

well if they hadn't known who you were before they do now, fans in the front have a responsibilty for showing thier enthusiasm, not like friggin West palm front 30 rows being all quiet and boring, we're gonna show them a thing or two

OK got to the venue sometime after 2:30 I think. No one was around. I mean NO ONE. Soon as I drove up I could hear Viva la Vida being sound checked. They ran thru Viva, Violet Hill and LITi several times. Walked around to see if I could see anything. Found that open gate......with security not far away. :angry: I was right next to a tour bus. I thought it was roadie bus but once I saw Howling Bells on stage realized it was their bus. There are several small buildings in the secure area and I was hoping one within my view was the dressing rooms. Lots of roadies going in and out so they must have been "office space" for them. Weather was so nice. Lots of roadies out sunning themselves. I was hoping for some band footie action but nothing. After about an hour it got quiet. I waited and waited, but nothing so I went back to hotel. Then I could hear Will's drums from my hotel room. So I went back and stayed. Never heard ENL, but did hear Chris playing something on organ sounding keyboard that I didn't know. Maybe something new? :) I could see Jackie and she was talking to some people and pointing towards me and this guy walked over to ask what I was doing. :dozey: Can't that woman just leave me alone! :veryangry2:

Took venue forever to open. Thought gates would be at 6:30 but they didn't open until almost 6:50. I had an extra ticket and was going to give it to Oxfam for one of their volunteers, but couldn't find an Oxfam table and didn't see anyone wlaking around signing people up. :confused: Oh well, no time for that crap had to check out me seat. I had row D and the way stage was set up mini ramps come out over seats and so all rows in front of me where closed and security dude says " bet you didn't think you would be on row 1" :D He was way cool and told me band would be exiting stage right in front of me.

Him: Do you know they have a woman security chief?

Me: :dozey: Oh Jackie, yeah she doesn't like me.

Him: she's a bitch.

me: bwahahahaha I KNOW DUDE!

Him: She made me get off my cell phone. Why doesn't she like you, you seem like a nice person.

me: :angel: :P because I go to so many shows.

him: well you pay her salary, she should be nicer to you.

me: I KNOW! :laugh3: I know we aren't supposed to shoot video during the show but Chris jumps around so fast my camera can't even focus on him. Can I shoot just a wee bit?

him: I don't care. Just don't let the dragon lady catch you.

:lol:

Chris's like.... "I know somebody's got to get Youtube vids of me and the dragon, so I can show Apple and Moses that Daddy really does have a job":laugh3:

LOL!!! That's cute.

But seriously, someone tell him it's actually a Chinese lion. This is coming from someone who has noisy lion dances at her doorstep every New Year in her country.

Hey everyone!! Birmingham was amazing last night! So was Oxfam!!!! I also saw the sound check, which I was not supposed to see...:wink3: Jonny waved at me & I was sitting first row, inches from Guy listening to them play "Everything's Not Lost"!! It was magical!! I'll post more later, with pics, as I just woke up since my mom & I drove back from the concert at 2AMish our time and got home a little after 4AM. But it was more than worth it! Now I REALLY want to start an Oxfam club at my school, and do more with them, THEY are also truly amazing! I'm so pumped!!!

more later...;)

Took venue forever to open. Thought gates would be at 6:30 but they didn't open until almost 6:50. I had an extra ticket and was going to give it to Oxfam for one of their volunteers, but couldn't find an Oxfam table and didn't see anyone wlaking around signing people up. :confused: Oh well, no time for that crap had to check out me seat. I had row D and the way stage was set up mini ramps come out over seats and so all rows in front of me where closed and security dude says " bet you didn't think you would be on row 1" :D He was way cool and told me band would be exiting stage right in front of me.

Him: Do you know they have a woman security chief?

Me: :dozey: Oh Jackie, yeah she doesn't like me.

Him: she's a bitch.

me: bwahahahaha I KNOW DUDE!

Him: She made me get off my cell phone. Why doesn't she like you, you seem like a nice person.

me: :angel: :P because I go to so many shows.

him: well you pay her salary, she should be nicer to you.

me: I KNOW! :laugh3: I know we aren't supposed to shoot video during the show but Chris jumps around so fast my camera can't even focus on him. Can I shoot just a wee bit?

him: I don't care. Just don't let the dragon lady catch you.

:lol:

Ahahahaha :laugh4: