✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Announce Another Summer US Tour? (May/June dates added to first post)

Another full summer Coldplay US arena tour annoucement may be round the corner as Live Nation has listed a second US date at the Sommet Center in Nashville, Tennessee (screenshot taken in case it disappears!). This follows just hours after a new date in Birmingham, Alabama was confirmed.

The two dates, almost three weeks apart, look to be joined with further shows in between, with more in early-mid May and mid June also a possibility. Four June Canadian shows were announced yesterday in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. This comes as Chris Martin explains Coldplay's ambitions, comparing them to triple Olympic record holder Usain Bolt.

He admitted that the band are constantly striving to be the best in their field. "I know we're not shitt," he told the Herald Sun. "We want to be like Usain Bolt, we don't want to be the guy who came fifth. It's not enough to get into the Olympic finals, you've got to win it."

Chris Martin added that there is more pressure on recording artists than ever before. "We're on our fourth album, we're doing about as well as you can ask to do, but there's a blessing and a curse to being in a band in 2009," he said. "The curse is there's so many things that have gone before you it's difficult to be original and also you're competing against all those things in history from Beethoven to Sigur Ros to Gabriella Cilmi.

[Live Nation / DigitalSpy]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE

May/June North American tour announced

March 12, 2009 10:00am

A whole bunch of new dates confirmed

Good morning. We're pleased to announce that Coldplay will be heading to North America in May/June for a full tour. Below is a list of the shows, including the previously-announced Canadian and Birmingham, AL dates.

MAY

15 West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

17 Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre (on sale 12noon, 21st March)

18 Birmingham, AL - Verizon Wireless Center (on sale 10am, 16th March)

20 Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless� Amphitheatre (on sale 11am, 20th March)

21 Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion (on sale 12noon, 20th March)

23 Hartford, CT - Meadows (on sale 11am, 20th March)

24 Hershey, PA - Hershey Stadium (on sale 11am, 20th March)

26 Philadelphia, PA - Susquhana Center (on sale 11am, 20th March)

27 Saratoga Springs, NY - SPAC (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

29 Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion (on sale 11am, 20th March)

30 Pittsburgh, PA - Post Gazette Pavilion (on sale 12noon, 21st March)

JUNE

1 Buffalo, NY - Darien Lakes (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

2 Detroit, MI - DTE Energy Music Theatre (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

4 Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center (on sale 10am, 20th March)

5 Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center (on sale 10am, 23rd March)

6 Nashville, TN - Sommet Center (on sale 10am, 21st March)

9 New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena (onsale 10am, 21st March)

10 San Antonio, TX - AT& T Center (on sale 10am, 21st March)

12 Des Moines, IA - Wells Fargo Arena (on sale 10am, 21st March)

13 Omaha, NE - Qwest Center (on sale 11am, 21st March)

15 Winnipeg, MB - MTS Centre (on sale 10am, 14th March)

17 Calgary, AB - Pengrowth Saddledone (on sale 10am, 14th March)

18 Edmonton, AB - Northlands (on sale 10am, 14th March)

20 Vancouver, BC - GM Place (on sale 10am, 14th March)

All on sale times are in local time. Tickets will be available from here.

Anchorman

[Thanks Jizo]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AHH I REALL REALLY HOPE SO!!!!!!!

Please. come. to. PHILLY!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

oh this definitely just cheered me up a whole lot!! just the hope was enough to do that!

:D

OMG I HEAR YOU! good to know there is philly love :). are you upset about U2 at all like i was?

this would be great! they really need to announce a show in Philadelphia! it would make my LIFE if they did this considering U2 skipped us!

Philly would be great again! As far as U2, they will be at Giants Stdm...go to U2.com and see their virtual stage ... it looks like takes some time to set up this very innovative 360 stage. But you never know... they are known to add more dates.

MORE US DATES?

c'mon

this is SO unfair

(ok, now US people who has seen them more than 3 times during this tour, attack me :lol:)

I'm crossing my fingers for you Lore! :kiss: I think they will come around to you sooner or later, so don't lose hope!

Of course I would love for them to come by NY again, but if they announce a Latin American tour that would be just as good! :nice:

(It would save me some money as well :P)

MORE US DATES?

c'mon

this is SO unfair

(ok, now US people who has seen them more than 3 times during this tour, attack me :lol:)

I won't. I have only seen them once, and had to drive to another town. That's why I so happy they're coming to my city :)

Yeah, but, I still agree that's it's unifair.

US fans are spoiled :embarassed:

Speaking of bands coming to my city! From U2 website:

In September and October, U2 360° Tour will also visit: Atlanta, GA; Charlottesville, VA; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Norman, OK; Phoenix, AZ; Tampa, FL; Washington, DC and Vancouver, BC. Complete Tour and ticketing information to follow.

And I think it will be at the football stadium 15 away from my house! :lol:

I won't. I have only seen them once, and had to drive to another town. That's why I so happy they're coming to my city :)

Yeah, but, I still agree that's it's unifair.

US fans are spoiled :embarassed:

Speaking of bands coming to my city! From U2 website:

And I think it will be at the football stadium 15 away from my house! :lol:

Awesome! :nice:

I'm going to try to see U2 as well, but that will be about a 3 hr drive from here. Not nearly as convenient as 15 minutes. :P

they haven't been even in this continent :sick:

thanks sarah! I don't see why they don't play in NY though, it's like the most important city there :P

OMG I HEAR YOU! good to know there is philly love :). are you upset about U2 at all like i was?

not really......but that totally sucks!!

i think the whole latin american thing SUCKS ASS!!!!!! i really really really really really hope you guys get it!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

but i would LOVEEEEEEE to see the boys again and actually have decent seats this time!:dance:

Awesome! :nice:

I'm going to try to see U2 as well, but that will be about a 3 hr drive from here. Not nearly as convenient as 15 minutes. :P

I know, it's so incredible. I won't believe it until it's officially announced.

First was Coldplay, then No Doubt, now U2.

If only The Killers also announced a Tampa or Orlando concert, this would be the best year EVAAAAAAAAAAAH in the history of Central Florida concerts :D

I live in the US but just wanted to say...

HEY COLDPLAY!

You can't have a world tour when you're missing a huge chunk! You liked it there remember???

This is Mexico, Central, and South America, boys:D

south_america.gif

To those still waiting: :kiss:

I live in the US but just wanted to say...

HEY COLDPLAY!

You can't have a world tour when you're missing a huge chunk! You liked it there remember???

This is Mexico, Central, and South America, boys:D

south_america.gif

To those still waiting: :kiss:

Agreed!

And come on Philly fans, you've had them plenty :P

oooh

exciting.

Of course, Nashville is 2-3 hours away, and my parents probably aren't going to drive down there so I can see a concert. But if they come again next year, I should be able to drive down there. Or, maybe not.

interesting, at least.

South America loves them too, you can't even imagine the response that the latin american tour had... it's just that it's all about money :sick:

so, it's not about you philly fans.. it's about the US people money :lol:

sad but true