✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

20-May-2009: Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre, Virginia Beach, VA, USA

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove down from DC to see the show. Amazing as always. Lucked out with great pit location and cool neighbors. The setlist was the same. Chris messed up "Postcards..." and said that Will was mad about his mess up and would take it up with him after the show. At the end of I'm a Believer...Chris asked each of the band members individually if they were "in love ?" Will and Guy answered with a "ohhhhhhh" with Jonny giving the lowest of "ohhhhhh's". Because VA Beach houses a major naval base, fighter jets were flying over every 10 minutes which Chris made reference to it by saying it was their "transport". During their lawn set, Chris had VA Beach do their version of the "mexican cell phone wave". For their last encore, the guys wore their Grammy jackets.

Can't wait to get back home and see them tomorrow night in DC.

edit: I think they're based out of NYC for the next few shows...so maybe go there tonight, fly back tomorrow..hmm not very "green," but very rocknroll:rolleyes:

yeah I'm pretty sure that's what they're doing too... I remember one of them explaining how when they're on the east coast, they base themselves in nyc and fly back and forth to concerts. definitely very rock & roll

I just was looking at the setlist from Bham and it was the same for this show. Now as for the free CD I got mine but had to wait a bit in a line because they ran out and had to go get some more. Chris was a bundle of energy tonight...man I wish I had half of what he has.:laugh3:

Drove down from DC to see the show. Amazing as always. Lucked out with great pit location and cool neighbors. The setlist was the same. Chris messed up "Postcards..." and said that Will was mad about his mess up and would take it up with him after the show. At the end of I'm a Believer...Chris asked each of the band members individually if they were "in love ?" Will and Guy answered with a "ohhhhhhh" with Jonny giving the lowest of "ohhhhhh's". Because VA Beach houses a major naval base, fighter jets were flying over every 10 minutes which Chris made reference to it by saying it was their "transport". During their lawn set, Chris had VA Beach do their version of the "mexican cell phone wave". For their last encore, the guys wore their Grammy jackets.

Can't wait to get back home and see them tomorrow night in DC.

I loved it when they did I'm a Believer and Made Johnny sing if he was in love....ohhhhhhhh

I just was looking at the setlist from Bham and it was the same for this show. Now as for the free CD I got mine but had to wait a bit in a line because they ran out and had to go get some more. Chris was a bundle of energy tonight...man I wish I had half of what he has.:laugh3:

*wishes she had half of what Chris has too!:sneaky::wink3:*

I saw them back in Nov in Orlando and then tonight outside in Virginia and they are both my top 2 concert EVER.....I wish that I had the money to follow them all summer long!!!

Oh and on the way to the concert they were saying that Gwyneth was there so I guess that she is following them for the next few shows

I'M GOING TO THE SHOW TOMORROW! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

And I just discovered that I can tweet pictures from my phone, so I'll keep Coldplaying updated :thumbsup:

YAY!!!! :D

if they're going to NYC, they are crazy! that's not "earth friendly"

Well, they have to look out for their own health too. A short flight is easier on them than massively long carrides. We don't want the boys getting sick/worn out just from travel.

OMG OMG OMG We ended up front row in the pit right in front of Johnny...it was great.

:surprised: In front of Jonny? :wideeyed: :heart: :love: :wacky: Take any videos? :wink3:

Our pit was standing room and it was great, we got there early and were front. As far as I know the set list was the same, they played 2 times out in the grassy area. Oh god it was great

What time did you get there? How early is early?

Sounds like you guys had a good time! :D

I'm getting to the venue tomorrow at 3 :P there's no way I'm blowing this, I want front row! :freak:

edit: ^ Ooh, Gwyneth was there? :nice:

they changed our show time last minute from 7:30 to 7pm. We got there at 6pm and then the Howling Bells went on the Pete Yorn and then Coldplay went on at 9pm.

@ notlost- you are nearing the big 5000TH post- spam it up tonight so you can make your 5000th with a new front row pic!

Haha, I'd love to, but I'm writing multiple essays for school at the moment because I won't have time to write them tomorrow night (obviously :P)... I'll do my best! :D

they changed our show time last minute from 7:30 to 7pm. We got there at 6pm and then the Howling Bells went on the Pete Yorn and then Coldplay went on at 9pm.

Yeah, they changed mine too... Wow, you got there at 6 and got front row?!? Well then I guess I'll be okay if I get there at 3 :lol: Hey, it's better than sitting in class tomorrow, I'll be too excited to pay attention! :P Plus I want to hear soundcheck :wacko:

I just came back from the Virginia Beach concert and it was truly amazing. The performance by the band was awesome, the atmosphere was great. Every living moment being at the concert was worth it and not even one time you felt bored, I really want to go again and again. In August I have tickets to see coldplay in Raliegh,NC CAN't WAIT lol =) Always and forever will be a coldplay fan, thanks alot!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrauruu3d8c]YouTube - Coldplay - Virginia Beach 5/20/09 - Politik[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op0fl1TFGFY]YouTube - Coldplay - Viva la Vida (Virginia Beach 5/20/09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMd7rsLZq8c]YouTube - Coldplay - Yellow (Virginia Beach 5/20/09)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JAh5yheB2s]YouTube - Coldplay - Audience Song (Virginia Beach 5/20/09 )[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1YOFRkjC-4]YouTube - Coldplay - The Hardest Part (Virginia Beach 5/20/2009)[/ame]

I was in the pit last night also - we were right next to the little stage extension on stage right. Each time Chris and Johnny came out there (which was about 4-5 each) we could have reached out and touched them.

Awesome awesome show. Sounded like Chris might have had a cold, but that didn't hamper the performance at all.

Highlights for me were 'In My Place' and 'Lovers in Japan' - wow!

I was in the pit last night also - we were right next to the little stage extension on stage right. Each time Chris and Johnny came out there (which was about 4-5 each) we could have reached out and touched them.

Awesome awesome show. Sounded like Chris might have had a cold, but that didn't hamper the performance at all.

Highlights for me were 'In My Place' and 'Lovers in Japan' - wow!

Poor baby:cry: Glad everyone had a great time!!!!!

I'm trying to load some pictures from my phone, but apparently am not tech-savvy enough. I'll keep trying.

The setlist was the same last night, and I thought that would disappoint me a little, but it didn't. At all. I still wish they would play a few more songs during their shows, but what they did play was incredible. And I'd rather have quality over quantity.

When Chris wasn't behind the piano, he was all over the stage, I really don't know how he keeps that up over a long series of concert dates. Johnny was also all over the stage. During 'Lovers in Japan', Chris came onto the little catwalk right in front of us, dancing with a Japanese parasol - I tried to get a picture of that, but not sure yet how it turned out.

This was my first Coldplay show and I will definitely try to see them again. I'm not sure where this ranks on my all time concert list, but it's up there.

I know you say you wanted alittle more Quantity, but really, 25/27 songs a set is really good.

Aerosmith is on tour now and for $175.00 they only play around 14/15 songs, I have been to many concerts and Coldplay seems to play more songs than any I have been to. :) I hope your pics turn out, you sound like you had a blast!!!

I know you say you wanted alittle more Quantity, but really, 25/27 songs a set is really good.

Aerosmith is on tour now and for $175.00 they only play around 14/15 songs, I have been to many concerts and Coldplay seems to play more songs than any I have been to. :) I hope your pics turn out, you sound like you had a blast!!!

You haven't been to many concerts then. Not to mention they don't "play" the viva la vida interlude or the escapist. They also play a short version of the hardest part. Death will never conquer and postcards from far away are VERY short songs. They also play techno versions of a couple songs, which I am not a huge fan of.

There setlist is REALLY around 20 songs. let's be serious here. They need to add in everythings not lost and amsterdam immediately.