✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-May-2009: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT, USA

My video taken during "In My Place" finally uploaded, there are quite a few guest appearances from Coldplayers in it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV5D14UGRWw]YouTube - Coldplay - In My Place (live) Hartford 5/23/09[/ame]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great review and videos Pris. Nice unintentional closeup of Chris's bum during LIJ.

Mehehehe, thanks :D I kept trying to get my camera somewhere other than his butt, but then i thought... mehh, wth i might as well get it on camera :P

gratz guys, you broke the Wiki page :P

seriously though, congrats for being the first show in 2009 to need 2 Wiki pages :D

http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/23_May_2009:_Comcast_Theatre%2C_Hartford%2C_CT%2C_USA

http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/23_May_2009:_Comcast_Theatre%2C_Hartford%2C_CT%2C_USA_%28Fan_Reviews_Part_2%29

Sorry Jen :blush:

We just had a lot to tell :cheesy:

*goes to check out Erica's vid :wideeyed:*

Lovers In Japan.” The latter brought a blizzard-like storm of brightly colored confetti that nearly obscured the entire stage. After grabbing not only a Japanese umbrella but also an enormous dragon head costume[/color] (seriously), Martin would bring the song to and end and then end the set with “Death And All His Friends.”

Chinese lion head was during Lost!, not Lovers in Japan :dozey:

There, he played 'trouble'[/color] and a few other beautiful piano songs, including "postcards from far away".

Huh?? Trouble?? :thinking:

It was an incredible concert. I cannot wait until they come back... I am going to get VIP tickets and molest Guy Berryman.

:lol:

When I had my camera on Chris during ramp and you guys held up the sign, was it you guys that was screaming about Jonny and Guy looking at the sign?

That is very likely!!! :lol:

I'm not really sure tho... :thinking:

Not sure if this one has been posted.... :uhoh:

Coldplay Turns In A High Energy Show At Comcast Theatre

By LEAH IGDALSKY | Special To The Courant

May 25, 2009

47055794.jpg

Coldplay: from left, bassist Guy Berryman, drummer Will Champion, singer-keyboardist Chris Martin and guitarist Jonny Buckland (JAY L. CLENDENIN / LOS ANGELES TIMES / June 2, 2008)

Coldplay has plenty of reasons to be pompous. The London-based rock band has won seven Grammy awards, and is currently one of the biggest acts in the world. Still, in its Saturday night performance at the Comcast Theatre in Hartford, the group displayed humility and appreciation, genuinely thanking its fans for its current success.

Early on, lead singer Chris Martin promised to give "eight-million percent" effort, because he appraised his last Hartford performance as "less than fantastic." Coldplay redeemed itself through a nearly two-hour set of nonstop energy.

"Speed of Sound" grew from ethereal piano to a swirl of thrashing guitar and drums, backed by cryptic lyrics of questions and answers. Martin yelped in falsetto behind a piano draped with a flag for "Viva La Vida," the band's latest album, as multicolored laser lights rushed across the stage.

Coldplay started "Yellow" with electric fervor before calming for its emotional lyrics and then rebuilding an attack on the chorus, accompanied by two dozen large, confetti-filled yellow beach balls bouncing through the packed arena.

"42" began as a piano-driven ballad, with black-and-white footage of the band playing projected on a screen, creating the feel of a mysterious film noir. The drums and bass picked up midway to craft a pounding, U2-like rock sound backed by flashing red and black images of the band, before closing with a return to the dramatic style of the song's opening.

After "Strawberry Swing," a rootsy tune with a jig-like feel, band members journeyed into the first tier of seats beyond the pit, where they tore through "Talk" atop a platform equipped with guitars and an upright piano. The rest of the band returned to the stage to allow Martin a spotlighted performance of "The Hardest Part," showcasing his nimble fingers and adroitness on the piano. After returning to the stage, Martin theatrically collapsed on his back, exhausted.

The band later ventured out onto the lawn, leading the crowd in a cellphone light wave throughout the theater, and improvising a song about the importance of playing for the people in the back of the arena.

The band returned for an encore that included the simple, driving piano lines of "The Scientist."

Singer-songwriter Pete Yorn's pop with sensitive lyrics and a rough edge opened the show, mixing sentimental ballads and up-tempo, rock-tinged tunes, including some from his forthcoming record, "Back and Forth," to be released June 23.

http://www.courant.com/entertainment/music/reviews/hc-cold-play-review.artmay25,0,7453083.story

Pay attention during the begining of Glass of Water Chels... there's noone singing but you can hear in the background a group of girls singing every word, i'm 99% sure that's us :smug: At those kind of "not singles" songs it's easier to pick up our chanting :D Plus at some points (like the C Stage) you can clearly hear Cooky's squeee :lol:

i posted this in the bootleg thread but it needs repeating ( or so i think) during LIJ you can hear the rustling ( falling of the butterflies) and squeeels of delight when the butterflies fall. i love that moment so much it makes me cry

haha I downloaded the bootleg and I can hear coldplayers in some parts.

Have you guys listened to the escapist outro track? Near the end you can hear someone say "We should send some to Lori!" and someone else say "Yeah , definitely" and then "Aw, I ripped it!" I'm pretty sure those are all coldplayers though I'm not exactly sure who :uhoh:

And then during VLV you can hear a guy say "SIGN DOWN!", telling someone to lower their sign (maybe the rhythm section one?) and then someone goes "Sorry", and the guy says (to someone next to him I'm guessing) "Gotta keep these whipper snappers in line"

So far that's all I've found, I'm really glad this show has such a great recording :D It's like re-living it all over :escaping:

haha I downloaded the bootleg and I can hear coldplayers in some parts.

Have you guys listened to the escapist outro track? Near the end you can hear someone say "We should send some to Lori!" and someone else say "Yeah , definitely" and then "Aw, I ripped it!" I'm pretty sure those are all coldplayers though I'm not exactly sure who :uhoh:

And then during VLV you can hear a guy say "SIGN DOWN!", telling someone to lower their sign (maybe the rhythm section one?) and then someone goes "Sorry", and the guy says (to someone next to him I'm guessing) "Gotta keep these whipper snappers in line"

So far that's all I've found, I'm really glad this show has such a great recording :D It's like re-living it all over :escaping:

Ahahahah that's sooo funny! I'm gonna have to listen to those parts again! :lol: I don't think it was the Rhythm Section sign though, cause I don't remember anyone yelling at me. :P Maybe the Phil sign! :lol:

But I do love that they called us whippersnappers! :cool:

Hey whippersnappers:)

I was the one who taped the show. I was right behind the girl with the sign. (No, I wasn't the one who said "SIGN DOWN!")

I had a fabulous time, other than not being able to make any noise as I was recording. There was certainly enough noise being made around me, which was all well and good!

If you listen to the recording, at about 3 minutes 45 seconds into Yellow, you'll hear a big pop. One of the balloons popped right in front of me and a piece of confetti flew into my mouth! It was startling because all of a sudden there was a really strong taste of latex rubber in my mouth. (Okay, no snickering.) I thought it was a piece of the balloon but then I spit out a piece of yellow tissue paper!! :lol:

White.shadows - omg i love you, i had the big yellow phil sign, sorry if it got in your way. we were on the right front barrier by Guys side. you have made so many people so happy. dont know how to thank you enough. . i relive it everyday thanks to you.

ps. did you see those gross out people making out? ewwwwwwwwww i got rid of them though - jabbed her a few times with my elbow

^Oh no worries, the sign didn't get in my way, you only had it up for a few seconds at a time anyway. I also got some nice video with my camera, but the sound sucks so I have to try to figure out how to sync the better audio to the video. I also got some nice pics... just have been so backlogged with stuff here that I haven't gotten the chance yet to post 'em.