✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

23-May-2009: Comcast Theatre, Hartford, CT, USA

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!

Thank you so much girls, I enjoyed reading your reviws.

(The longer they are, the juicier they get! :D)

Us Coldplayers on Coldplaying SHOULD DEFINITELY go to all their shows! :cool:

Sarah that review was awesome!! :lol:

I'm afraid mine won't be that much diferent to Sarah's & Cooky's as i was with them pretty much 24/7 during those days :nice:

But anyways, after two flights, a very long wait at an airport and a freakin' earthquake i made it to NYC at midnight on friday. Sarah picked me up and then we went to her place and got to work on our signs that ended up looking oh so pretty :wacky:

LACYW.jpg?t=1243620757

TRSIB.jpg?t=1243620776

Next morning we got up and drove to Christa's place where we were meeting the rest of the girls. Noelia, Steph, Erica and obviously Christa. I'm pretty sure i looked like a crazy woman jumping out of the car to hug the girls when we got there :blush:

After that we started our way to Hartford. There was some traffic and a few of us were getting a bit anxious of whether we'd make it in time, we'd get our spot, if there would be any people waiting in line by the time we got there, etc. But we kept reminding ourselves that we were really early and we would make it just fine :nice: We had Coldplay on the stereo the whole way there (with Cooky as the dj) and had a great time singing/talking/laughing the whole way there.

So we finally arrived to Hartford and we found the venue pretty easily. It turned out we just had to wait about 10 minutes to be able to park, so we did and then we.were.in :D

4604_86614998092_548643092_2007976_6405864_n.jpg

We got out of the car and made our way to the entrance to start getting in line. There were only two girls there apart from us, which turned out to be Lauren (cold_love23) and her sister Sara. The wait after that went by really quick, we were so excited and nervous and having chips and butterfly shaped cookies Christa had brought :blush: At some point we could clearly listen to music coming from the venue, and we got all excited thinking we were listening to the soundcheck. Then it turned out it was just a live recording :dozey: Oh, well... it was still fun to listen to :D We could see all kinds of people going in and out of the venue (mostly going in) and we were kinda concerned about it.. i mean, where were all those people going?? :inquisitive: And why couldn't we do it too?? :lol: At some point we even had one of Pete Yorn's guitar players (sorry, don't know the boy's name :P) right next to us in the line but we had no idea who he was until later on we saw him on stage :lol:

The people at the venue were really nice and friendly, and after an evil "gate-opening-test" they finally opened it for good :dance: We had our bags open, our tickets in hand and our feet ready... and then we just ran for life!!! :escaping: I almost fell as it had been raining a little.... the floor was wet and my sneakers slippery :wreck:, but no way wet floors would keep me away from my Coldplay :angry: After that it was a mess to get into the pit. It was up to one poor guy to mark everyone's tickets and give us all a wristband, but finally they pulled it together and let us in. All of us went straight to the spot we wanted, front row, right on the barricade on Guy's side :wacky: so we could have the rhythm section sight :wideeyed: I ended up right on the corner of Guy's ramp and the stage :bomb: the.perfect.spot :dead:

4604_86615033092_548643092_2007980_5569985_n.jpg

The venue from front row :wacky:

After that it was a matter of waiting and checking out the opening acts. At this point time flew by, we were all just so incredibly happy and excited and in a complete frenzy :dance: Both Howling Bells and Pete Yorn were pretty good, they made me wanna look them up and get some of their music.

n548643092_2007982_7601457.jpg

Howling Bells

4604_86615048092_548643092_2007983_2724996_n.jpg

Pete Yorn

After that it was Coldplay time!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: We could see the roadies getting stuff together and we could see Hoppy there pretty much the entire time on Guy's bass. Bash was there at some point too, as Franksy. Matt was using crutches :confused: and only was on stage for a minute or two, then he went back behind the black curtain. We also did some last minute arrangements to one of our signs as we waited for the show to start :D

n548643092_2007978_3420451.jpg

n548643092_2007985_3151475.jpg

4604_86615073092_548643092_2007987_8381982_n.jpg

All of Coldplay's equipment got set up, we heard/sang/danced all the way through U2, JayZ and then the Blue Danube :wacky: then it was finally time!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

4604_86615078092_548643092_2007988_6406564_n.jpg

[ame=

]
[/ame]

We could see the sparklers coming in and i just lost it :lol: Then it was LiT. And VH. And then just pure heaven :dead: It was so SO SO amazing. We were so close and the guys were in such a great mood. They were laughing and dancing the entire time, and you could just tell they were having as much fun as we were :blush:

n548643092_2007989_3336829.jpg

IMP was amazing, as i finally got to see Jonny and Chris upclose :dead: The crowd at this point was great, or maybe it was just us :lol: I had never been on the pit before, so i was really looking forward to the yellow balloons and the butterflies, and just getting to experience the whole thing. But it was so much better than i could've ever imagined!!! We were dancing and singing and screaming the entire time, and i can't think of having a better time with other people. It was just so fantastic to get to experience that with people that feel the same as you about the music and the band. Love you girls!!! :kiss:

Yellow was particularly sweet as Chris made us sing the last verse "just for Will" :blush: Which we did :D I kept getting attacked by yellow balloons, being hit with them in the head and even one of them bounced on my camera while i was recording it :lol:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

42, Politik and Glass of Water were incredible. The energy put into those songs by both the band and the audience (erm... us!! :D) was so great.

For Lost! Chris used that Chinese Lion head, which i don't understand at all what it's got t do with the song :lol: But who cares!! He looked funny and sang and danced around with that thing on Guy's ramp. Therefore, i had him so so close :bomb:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

No zoom was used during the recording of this video :P

As i said, the boys were in a great mood which just made it that much better for us :nice: Guy was smiling the entire time, and kept smiling&pointing at a spot in the seats. Me thinks he had someone there :nice:

LiJ was probably the highlight of the night. It's just such an amazing athmosphere with what's going on on the big screens and the song, and the butterflies. OMG the butterflies :dead: It's just perfect :wacky:

***I'll post LiJ's vid as soon as stoopid youtube stops "processing"it :dozey:***

EDIT: Done

[ame=

]
[/ame]

During the B stage i could see a bit of what was going on, but not really so i kept looking at the bigscreen. Then during THP, we could see Guy and Will chatting at the main stage while waiting the song to be over :nice:

Viva was amazing, the woooahhhhooosss were really cool and people jumped around and we all had a lot of fun singing our hearts out and jumping around to the beat :dance: Will is SO the star of that song. He hits that bell with such a power :stunned: It's so intense you just can't stop looking at him banging the damn bell :wacky:

So at this point i've held my sign as much as i could, but at the same time i wanted to take pics&vids and just enjoy the show!!! So i just held it up anytime the lights were up, or one of the boys was coming over to were i was :D I kept trying to take pics of all of the boys, but Jonny and Will were so far away and Chris moves so much i just stoped trying and ended up with a Guyfest on my pics :sneaky:

During the C stage i couldn't see a thing. I turned my eyes to the big screen and it wasn't helping much. There was this big shadow of a head blocking part of it the entire time!! Wth!! :angry: I still wanted to take some vids of that part of the show, as it's usually really fun... but beware... You can only see part of the boys, the rest it's the stupid shadow :inquisitive: And keep the volume down, as you can hear us singing and yelling VERY LOUD :blush: :lol:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The show went by so fast but i had such an amazing time. Besides the couple right next to Christa that were sucking face the entire time :sick: i think we were surrounded by pretty cool peeps. There was a guy behind me, and he was totally into it. He kept singing and yelling & clapping along whenever we would. Pretty cool guy :nice: We were going mad the entire time, and i think we made our point across to the boys that we were not just crazy fangirls as we knew everysingle word and we were enjoying the show so much. I even caught Guy smiling at us :dead:

4604_86615353092_548643092_2008034_4330060_n.jpg

It was absolutely impossible not to see our signs :lol: They were big and bright and we had 4 of them :P Chris' reaction to Christa's Phil sign was EPIC :lol: I got a smile and a wink from Will when he saw my Latinamerica sign :dead: (and i gotta apologize to poor Chelsea standing next to me as i screamed like a little girl after that :lol:) and Will also gave both Sarah and Cookie a smile and a thumbsup for the Rhythm section sign :bomb: If anybody's got that on pics or video, please share!!! :angel:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

It was an amazing show and i had such a great time. Before we knew it it was the Scientist and LiTii and then it was over :cry:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

4604_86615393092_548643092_2008039_1405485_n.jpg

n548643092_2008047_3633335.jpg

After that we collected butterflies, and the nice security guy even passed me some from the stage and the ramp :D Then some roadie threw a yellow balloon to us, that ended up in Sarah's hands :dance: We did some merch shopping, we got our LRLRL's and then we headed to the parking lot to continue our coldplay private party with drinks and incredibly pretty butterfly cupcakes :wacky:

It's gonna take an awful lot to top this gig for me. Everything about it was absolutely perfect. The band, the vibe, the amazing company :kiss:

It just couldn't have been any better in any way :nice:

So, I'm finally home and with time to post vids/pics from this show. I"m gonna try not to repeat what everyone else said already, 'cause it's been so long that everyone else who's posted has got it covered. I will say though, that this was the very best concert experience I've EVER had(this was my 11th Coldplay concert). Being front row---there's nothing like it. But being there with a bunch of coldplayers, screaming jumping dancing just as loudly as me--it was so fanfuckingtastically special:nice:!!! The long drive, the waiting in line, the frantic running toward the pit entrance, the nerves, the hunger, the not being able to drink so that we wouldn't have to go to the bathroom:laugh3:, totally 110% worth it!!!!! Hearing the girls(especially my fellow RythmSecLuver Sarah:kiss:)sing so loudly & screaming right next to me was just so cute!!!:D

Of course, if Coldplay hadn't been so ON and so energetic and into it and enjoying themselves as much as we were, it wouldn't have been as great. They were all in top form:dance:. Politik was the best I've ever experienced--being RIGHTTHERE you feel it(Sarah says her arm hurt from throwing it up in the air so much:lol:). I thought I was gonna pass out during/after VLV from jumping up so much and trying to keep up with ooohhhooohoohhooohhhhhh's during and after the song, as loudly as I could.(and of course, having Mr Champion just feet from me:bomb::dance::dead:).

GlassofWater and 42 were some of my faves, as was The Scientist--I was crying for the 1st half of it :blush:; just too much emotion that night). When they went to the back for B&C stage, we couldn't see anything really, but we still were dancing and jumping around. I love "I'm a Believer" it's so fun!:dance: And The Hardest Part, played this way just on piano is beeeeaauuuttiiiifuuulllll. I got all pissed off during DWNC, 'cause someone was blocking the camera right in front of Will:angry:. Seriously, camera guy, it's Will moment, you couldn't move over so I could seee?!?!:whip: When they do the VLV techno version(that was the weird tweet no one could get and thought I was on drugs:rolleyes:) our little coldplaying group kicked of the ohhoohhhoohhh's :smug:, and kept it going until basically the song was over. I still can't believe we didn't pass out:laugh3:. (oh and I don't think anyone mentioned it; during C Stage Miller was on the blacked out stage taking pics, you could only see a teeny tiny red dot, but when I took a pic with flash, oops there he was! So we all turned around and stared smiling twd him:lol:).

IMG_0484.jpg?t=1243537710

It was just the best...SUCH A PERFECT DAY!!! NOTHING COULD BE BETTER, and NOTHING EVER WAS. Christa, Pris, Sarah, Steph, Erica, Chelsea...just :hug:And Carla, Chavi, Lore, Denise, Hester, Mel, Kels...:kiss: especially you crazy C&C peeps for keeping up with us all day long via Twitter:D.

Ok, not too many good pics/vids 'cause I just wanted to enjoy myself, but I did somehow manage a few decent shots...

IMG_0425.jpg?t=1243536663

(this where you see my tweet about the MrB needing more "junk in the trunk" is true!:P)

IMG_0422.jpg?t=1243536739

IMG_0463.jpg?t=1243536852

IMG_0448.jpg?t=1243536895

It's so damn hard to get a good shot of Chris, he just moves around too much for my camera!:angry:

And the best for last:smug:, Willllll:heart:

IMG_0471-1.jpg?t=1243536950

IMG_0472.jpg?t=1243537055

(sorry for all the screaming & SQUEEing:D)

I love the review

sorry girls I gotta run out again, but I couldn't reist reading at least one!!

Pris, sarah, I'll read yours when I got home tonight! :kiss:

cooky... I cried during the scientist :bigcry:

Pris, that review was just fanFUCKINGtastic!:thumbsup:

So detailed and organized and with media to enhance the story!:D My eyes are watery, just thinking back on it!!!!:hug:

BTW if anybody is curious as to what my squee sounds like....umm in the DWNC vid, right after Chris introduces Will with that little song and everyone goes wild, there's one single banshee like scream. That's ME!:blush::laugh3: I now have to apologize to anyone who's ever been next to me at all the concerts I've ever attended!:blush: Damn. I didn't now that's what I sound like!!!:shocked2::lol:

The reviews are great! I don't think i have to say much!

Noelia---can i just give you my memory card and whenever you get a chance you can upload my pics and vids? I accidently deleted two videos...aahhh! I'm such a moron! I don't want to cause more damage.

I have the full video of Politik and Glass of Water which came out pretty good. Also, i think i have the clip when Chris asks the audience to sing "Yellow" for Will. I want to share these with you ladies and the rest of the coldplayers.

AH SHIT!

Pris, THAT :freak: WAS :freak: EPIC :freak: !

*NEEDS.TO.BREATHE!*

Jeez that thing is huge :shame: Sorry :blush:

Here's some more pics:

n548643092_2008030_2136100.jpg

Kill me right now! :dead:

That's gonna be absolutely one of my top fave pix, & just another reason to wuv Pris! :wacky:

Coldplay Thrills Fans with an Encore Performance in Hartford

After releasing a hugely successful, Grammy winning album and touring the world non-stop for the past year, you would think Coldplay would be ready for a nice long vacation. However, the band did not become one of the world’s biggest by sitting on a beach in the Caribbean, and they won’t be doing that any time soon. Instead, they are spending their summer playing amphitheaters in cities that most do their best to avoid. One of those cities is Hartford, Connecticut, where Coldplay would continue their Viva La Vida tour at the Comcast Theater. While their live show hasn’t change much since I saw them on the first leg of the tour last summer, they amazed me once again, belting out their biggest hits along with a few new surprises in another memorable performance.

New Jersey native and Syracuse graduate Pete Y0rn opened the show with a sleep-educing forty minute set of dull ballads and soft rock numbers that were better suited for an elevator than a packed amphitheater. Yorn sauntered around the stage for most of the set, barely acknowledging the crowd and saying little between songs. The rest of his band looked even less interested, often blankly staring off into space while playing their instruments with as little enthusiasm as humanly possible. While Yorn’s songs have been featured in TV dramas such as House and in romantic comedies such as Me, Myself, and Irene, they simply didn’t come across well in this setting.

Thirty minutes after Yorn and company left the stage to a small smattering of applause, A semi-transparent black screen was lowered over the stage and the lights were dimmed. Lead singer Chris Martin led the rest of the band, guitarist Jonny Buckland, bassist Guy Berryman, and drummer Will Champion out on stage. With sparkling torches held aloft, the band jogged to the drum set, extinguished the flames, and began the show with the customary opener, “Life In Technicolor.” After the screen dropped and the band was finally revealed, they segued into “Violet Hill,” which inspired the first giant sing along of the night. The setlist focused mainly on the band’s older hits, as well as a good deal of material from their latest full-length, Viva La Vida, and it’s follow up EP, Prospect’s March.

An early highlight of the set was the band’s first big hit “Yellow,” which featured an impressive laser show that stretched all the way to the lawn, as well as confetti-filled yellow balloons bouncing all over the venue. Another early highlight was the performance of “Fix You” from 2005’s X & Y. After jumping around the stage and working the crowd into a tizzy for most of the song, Martin simply sat at his piano and listened as the 13,000 in attendance sang the last chorus back to him in (not quite) perfect harmony.

After an upbeat performance of “Strawberry Swing,” the band ventured off stage and into the crowd, stopping at a small platform located in the center of the pavilion. The quartet has been doing this throughout their Viva La Vida tour, to the delight of those in the cheap(er) seats, who got an unexpectedly close view for these three songs. Without a drum set, the band presented “techno” versions of “God Put A Smile On Your Face” and “Talk.” Both sounded slightly awkward and didn’t live up to their full band versions, but they seemed to please the crowd nonetheless. Champion, Buckland, and Berryman then returned to the stage, leaving Martin alone on the platform with his piano. The lead singer announced that this would be the boring part of the set, and he instructed those in the audience who might be craving a hot dog to head to the concession stands. While few took him up on the offer, Martin’s rendition of “The Hardest Part” certainly wasn’t the highlight of the set. That would follow shortly.

As Martin made his way back through the crowd and a recorded version of the instrumental track “Postcards From Far Away” was played, an enormous bongo drum was rolled to the front of the stage, where Champion stood ready. Just as Martin made it back, the opening notes from “Viva La Vida” could be heard, and the crowd instantly roared its approval. As he would do all show, Martin bounced around the stage , getting up close and personal with as many fans as possible. He ended “Viva La Vida” singing the melody on his back, and the crowd ate it up. After performing “Lost!,” the band would once again leave the stage.

This time, Martin and Co. would venture even further from the elaborately designed set, making their way to a platform on the lawn, nearly causing a stampede of fans who had been lounging on blankets and folding chairs only minutes before. Martin would then string together a series of cheesy but humorous rhymes about Hartford and playing for the fans in the back, one of which went “When you’re depressed and sitting on your butt, come play a show in Connecticut.” The band would then perform “Green Eyes” from A Rush of Blood To the Head, as well as “Death Will Never Conquer,” a short folk-ish track the band released free on their website featuring Champion on lead vocals. Martin had introduced the drummer with a rhyme that sounded something like “Now you’re all in for a thrill, for here’s our drummer Will.” Is Martin preparing for a future career as a children’s novelist? I hope not.

After finishing their set on the lawn with a sing-along cover of Neil Diamond’s “I’m A Believer,” the band would take a short break before finally returning to the main stage. Here they would preform one of their most rocking tracks, Politik,” and then “Lovers In Japan.” The latter brought a blizzard-like storm of brightly colored confetti that nearly obscured the entire stage. After grabbing not only a Japanese umbrella but also an enormous dragon head costume (seriously), Martin would bring the song to and end and then end the set with “Death And All His Friends.”

After the band left the stage, the crowd began to sing the melody to “Viva La Vida,” and before long, the quartet returned to the stage to preform a two song encore. It began with “The Scientist” and then concluded with “Life in Technicolor II” from the Prospect’s March EP. Surprisingly, the crowd was as into this song as any the band had played, singing along as if the tune was their biggest single. Coldplay then took their bows and made their exit. As thousands of very satisfied fans did the same, they continued to sing the melody to “Viva La Vida,” and it could be heard on the concourse and even as the throngs made their way outside the venue and back to the parking lots. With this most likely being Coldplay’s last visit to Hartford for some time, it was obvious the band had left their mark with this performance. At the beginning of the show, Martin brought up the fact they were trying to make up for a sub-par showing during their last visit to the city. While they may not have given the “eight billion percent” effort the lead singer had promised, they certainly made their previous missteps seem like a very distant memory.

http://leafsacc.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/coldplay-thrills-fans-with-an-encore-performance-in-hartford/

So this saturday i went to see my favorite band in the entire world, coldplay, live at the meadows music theater. It was my birthday present.

It was the best concert i have EVER been to in my ENTIRE LIFE.

Not only was the singing phenomenal and in my opinion better than their CD's, their mannerisms and acts took the cake.

They interacted with the audience so much, and even moved stages a few times rather than staying on the main stage.

They moved to the section where i was at, and i rushed by everyone and was only a few feet away from Chris Martin. I could see the sweat on his forehead. There, he played 'trouble' and a few other beautiful piano songs, including "postcards from far away". It was incredible. I couldn't believe i ordered middle stadium seats [i bought them the first day they came out to the public, and the front rows were ALREADY sold out, so i settled for the middle], yet he came to me.

In the way back, there was lawn seating. The people who sat there could not even see the stage, and payed a mear 20 bucks to get in. And once again, Coldplay came to them and started singing them some cute little songs, and did a cover of "I'm a believer". He asked us all "Are you in loveeee?" and refered to his bandmates as "Most likely to star in a horror film", "most likely to star in a porno", along those lines. I forgot what he said to the final member, but something along the lines of how he hates to sing, in private and public, but for just this once to tell us all if he was in love.

We did a cellphone light wave, which was very fun. :wha

During "Yellow", giant yellow balloons full of confetti were released. When they popped, they whole place exploded with sparkles.

And, during lovers in Japan, canons hidden all around the stadium erupted and shot out millions of tissue paper butterflies. It was gorgeous. I later collected a lot up from the floor and am currently in the process of making some type of mural for my wall with it.

I forgot which song, but perhaps in continuation with lovers in japan, chris got in a giant chinese dragon suit and danced around while singing. It was hilarious.

At the end, we all got free albums of their Live CD "left right left right", which has the same butterflies on it as the ones shot from the canons. That CD is incredible.

It was an incredible concert. I cannot wait until they come back... I am going to get VIP tickets and molest Guy Berryman.

My only regret is that i didn't bring my camera. my cellphone pics turned out terrible. :cry

either way...

It was the best moment of my entire life, and i'll treasure it forever.

http://xstrong.livejournal.com/10898.html