✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[RESCHEDULED DATE] 27-July-2009: SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

it was AMAZING!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yeah it was so weird, I'm not used to seeing that at coldplay shows. Chris kept saying things to get everyone to scream. Like before he introduced will he sings a little song off the top of his head, which was a long song this time by the way :D he said something like "i hear saratoga can make a fuck of a lot of noise"

and during fix you he sang "when you're sitting in the back at a coldplay show, if you don't make any noise then how will we know?"

:heart:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was AMAZING!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Yeah it was so weird, I'm not used to seeing that at coldplay shows. Chris kept saying things to get everyone to scream. Like before he introduced will he sings a little song off the top of his head, which was a long song this time by the way :D he said something like "i hear saratoga can make a fuck of a lot of noise"

and during fix you he sang "when you're sitting in the back at a coldplay show, if you don't make any noise then how will we know?"

:heart:

Ya he said that for the shows I went to! It was funny:lol:

I am glad that you all who had waited for so long had a wonderful time! :nice:

I am kind of upset that they did not schedule a show in New York City for the whole tour. Except for the June 23, 2008 free show, and the two East Rutherford, NJ nights... :disappointed:

It would have been nice to see them once again in Madison Square Garden...

Yeah, I can't believe the only NYC show they played was the free MSG one that was a completely random allocation.

Yeah, when I saw the whole tour schedule it made me very upset. They love New York as much as I do, and every band should play in MSG more than once.

And the worst part of that free show back in 2008 at MSG, was that the ticket scalpers were selling the FREE tickets in scalp sites... :veryangry2: And to be honest, the setlist of that show wasn't that great... take a look at it.

http://wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/23_June_2008:_Free_Show%2C_Madison_Square_Garden%2C_NY%2C_USA

Okay guys, all of my pictures have been uploaded :D you can view them here:

Album #1 = Beginning of Concert/Life in Technicolor - Yellow

Album #2 = Yellow - Viva la Vida

Album #3 = Viva la Vida - Politik

Album #4 = Politik - Life in Technicolor ii

Album #5 = Life in Technicolor ii - End of Concert (Also includes 3 random pictures from random points in the concert for some reason)

And a few pictures of Elbow in case there are any fans on here :)

@Coldplay Junior- Amazing pics! thanks for sharing!!

@Marisa- :dance: I'm so glad you had a good time and getting Guy's setlist?? :bomb:

Chris noticing your sign and waving???? :bomb::bomb::bomb::dead:

btw, Don't know if I missed it, but what did your sign say?

@Everyone else, great pics and vids and glad everyone had fun!

Thanks Marisa for the full review! I was there too and reading your review reminded me of stuff I forgot! :)

I agree with you about the crowd. This was my first Coldplay concert so I had nothing to compare it to really, but I did notice that the crowd seemed lackluster at certain points. I felt like I was the only one singing around me as well. And I couldn't believe that it took two tries to get people to sing part of Yellow to Will, and even the second attempt wasn't so great. I mean, come on, I thought everyone knew that one! It was just so strange to me. I was also disappointed that people weren't more into Glass of Water or Cemeteries of London. Those are two of my favorite songs. Oh well, I was singing the crap out of them so :P to those who don't know them haha.

I traveled 4 hrs by bus from NYC to see them. The bus actually broke down and we had to wait for a new one to rescue us. I was terrified I wasn't going to make it even though I'd left super-early in case of incident like this. I was almost crying at the possibility of not seeing them. When we got picked up by another bus I was so happy. There was no way I'd go to that concert and not enjoy the HELL out of myself by singing and jumping up and down. I'm glad there are other people willing to do the same. :) I enjoyed myself regardless of the crowd. And I love Kitty, Daisy and Lewis so I was happy they opened the show. I hadn't heard of Elbow before this but I thought they were great too! This is the first time I've gone to a show and enjoyed the opening acts so this was really an amazing experience for me all around.

Glad you had a great time Marisa:D

Woah, thats a shit load of butterflys:P

thanks joe!! :D:D :hug:

hah hah. my friend got more :stunned:

GREAT REVIEW Marisa!!!! Thank-You and so glad you had a Great time!!! Chris and the boy's probably heard you guy's the whole time!!!! COLDPLAYERS ARE THE BEST!!!! I am so excited you got GUY's setlist, very cool!!!

thanks! :dance:

@Marisa- :dance: I'm so glad you had a good time and getting Guy's setlist?? :bomb:

Chris noticing your sign and waving???? :bomb::bomb::bomb::dead:

btw, Don't know if I missed it, but what did your sign say?

thanks jen!! :D

oh yeah, sorry. here's our sign :D

100_1730.jpg

Thanks Marisa for the full review! I was there too and reading your review reminded me of stuff I forgot! :)

I agree with you about the crowd. This was my first Coldplay concert so I had nothing to compare it to really, but I did notice that the crowd seemed lackluster at certain points. I felt like I was the only one singing around me as well. And I couldn't believe that it took two tries to get people to sing part of Yellow to Will, and even the second attempt wasn't so great. I mean, come on, I thought everyone knew that one! It was just so strange to me. I was also disappointed that people weren't more into Glass of Water or Cemeteries of London. Those are two of my favorite songs. Oh well, I was singing the crap out of them so :P to those who don't know them haha.

I traveled 4 hrs by bus from NYC to see them. The bus actually broke down and we had to wait for a new one to rescue us. I was terrified I wasn't going to make it even though I'd left super-early in case of incident like this. I was almost crying at the possibility of not seeing them. When we got picked up by another bus I was so happy. There was no way I'd go to that concert and not enjoy the HELL out of myself by singing and jumping up and down. I'm glad there are other people willing to do the same. :) I enjoyed myself regardless of the crowd. And I love Kitty, Daisy and Lewis so I was happy they opened the show. I hadn't heard of Elbow before this but I thought they were great too! This is the first time I've gone to a show and enjoyed the opening acts so this was really an amazing experience for me all around.

yeah the singing the end of yellow was shocking. i was like come on people this is yellow!!!!! pretty much no one around me knew that either :dozey:

oh well they're loss

glad you were screaming the whole time!!!!!!!! :dance:

What a great show! I was Oxfam's team leader for Saratoga Springs and our team brought the HEAT! Getting pit seats was a fantastic surprise from the band/Oxfam!

coldplay2009204-1.jpg

That's my green hat :laugh3:

I touched that umbrella!

Such a great show, and the lawn crowd was very excited about signing Oxfam's petition and getting involved!

Thanks again fantastic volunteers!

Alright! I uploaded the best pictures from the concert onto this site. Feel free to check them out! Unfortunately, I had to use a crappy digital camera, so the pictures aren't as good as they could have been. Here are some of my favorites:

3768490359_10bf98eb05_b.jpg

3768464713_b73604b4be_b.jpg

3769204690_284dcc438f_b.jpg

3768478691_5d851b43b4_b.jpg

Also, ColdplayJunior: Your pictures are great! I found my hand in one! :]

What a great show! I was Oxfam's team leader for Saratoga Springs and our team brought the HEAT! Getting pit seats was a fantastic surprise from the band/Oxfam!

That's my green hat :laugh3:

I touched that umbrella!

Such a great show, and the lawn crowd was very excited about signing Oxfam's petition and getting involved!

Thanks again fantastic volunteers!

before all of you guys got there i was like what the fuck why is no one in the pit?! :lol:

you probably walked right by me at the end, when you guys had to go back. i was right in front of the pit wearing a purple, homemade/painted coldplay shirt :D

amazing pictures everyone!!! :dance:

More Pictures!

I drove up from NYC on Sunday for the concert. That same day I went into SPAC and checked out where my cousin and I would be sitting, I brought my lil baby cousin to her first concert =D

The first act was Kitty, Daisy and Lewis(?) - IMO, Kitty should go solo.

I had never really listened to Elbow before hand, but after seeing their performance, I am definitely going to go pick up a CD. Their music was melodic, and everyone on stage, although their music doesn't entail rocking out, drew your attention. Their music flowed smoothly through you, evoking a calm and amazed reaction. I hope their studio albums provide the same feeling.

As for the lackluster crowd, I'm not sure if it's because of the area, or the fact that Coldplay in general attracts an older crowd here in the states. Most the people at the venue, within the seating area, seemed to be older couples, or older parents that brought their kids. I was sitting in section 12 in the aisle seats and I can tell everyone that the only people letting their hearts out were myself and these two guys that seemed to be around my age (18).

This is my fifth Coldplay concert, my 4th of the Viva La Vida Tour. Compared to the other shows, Chris's singing was has perfect as possible. However, besides the two different sections, the band-fan interaction was horrible. If you weren't a fan of coldplay, or didn't know some of the songs, I could see how it would be a bit hard for you to get into the concert. I was standing two people away from them while they played on Stage B, they acted like people weren't even surrounding them. Story telling is the only way Coldplay truly interacts with their fans. There is the singing during fix you and VLV, and also the clapping duriing VLV, but with such amazing songs and a charismatic singer, I hope as time progresses they will become even looser with their interaction and playing.

I also managed to obtain a setlists from the soundbooth for my cousin and I - so that made my night...besides my LRLR CD!! =D

I'm currently uploading my Billie Jean recording and the pictures, I'll post them shortly.

Billie Jean Cover : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axWORb33veo]YouTube - Coldplay cover Billie Jean @ SPAC 7/27/09[/ame]

Recordings from the SPAC show...Anyone?

Hey there...

Loved the show, but I was wondering if there was a way to get a recording of the show like I can for the Dave Matthews Band SPAC shows? If anyone knows I would appreciate it. Thanks!

CHEERS!

so my camera sucks and most of my pictures came out blurry. :( and it makes everything look much farther away, even with the zoom and even when i was up front at the end :(

but here's a few anyway

105_0139.jpg

105_0175.jpg

105_0176.jpg

^:love:

105_0180.jpg

105_0181.jpg

105_0182.jpg

105_0185.jpg

105_0187.jpg

105_0191.jpg

105_0192.jpg

105_0195.jpg

105_0236.jpg

105_0237.jpg

105_0259.jpg

105_0260.jpg

105_0261.jpg

105_0262.jpg

105_0263.jpg

105_0264.jpg

105_0266.jpg

here's the album link too. fyi the first couple pages are just pictures from the drive up there :lol:

http://s575.photobucket.com/albums/ss192/onlyindreams387/July27th%20smaller/?start=0

xmonstermaggie - wowwweeeeeee! looks like you were just going to reach up and grab Jonny Boy.

Black svetty pants - gotta love em

I KNOW. It was amazing! I could have reached out and touched him, if security hadn't been there. It was so good. And who doesn't love those sweatty pants? :D!

Also, I love your sig picture, In a telescope lens!