✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[RESCHEDULED DATE] 27-July-2009: SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GAHH I really should be there right now!! It sucks knowing that they're here in NY, and in Upstate to boot...and I'm not there. :bigcry: But it's like a five hour drive from my house and I really didn't have the money anyways...

Still, I hope it was awesome and I can't wait to hear about it! :D

Kicking myself for not thinking I could make another roadtrip to this concert. I have friends in Albany I could stay with too! Boo! :bigcry: So glad Coldplay's back in NY for tonight though. I have always wanted to see a show at SPAC, it seems like a great venue!

:bigcry: I feel your pain, Sarah. I have friends in Albany too.

OK!

I just got back from the concert!!!!!!!!!! My first EVER COLDPLAY CONCERT! ONE I HAD TO WAIT MORE MONTHS THAN I WANTED TO FOR!

Needless to say, I wasn't let down! I really worried the crowd would be bad though. Just from looking at this thread you can see how few "true" coldplay fans are attending this concert. It took a long time for the inside part of the ampitheater to fill up. Elbow played to about 50 people and the lawn crowd.

Well by the time Magnificent and Jay-Z and I'm not sure what classical piece it is but it's one I love and am annoyed i don't know the name to, the band came in.

I didn't expect the light swingers (what I shall call them), but they had them and they were quite spectacular.

Really all one can say about this concert is it's design and aesthetic. The music was great with the minor hiccups to be expected. Chris swore and kept it light and funny admist all the earnestness of the music. I was just taken aback by how perfect this concert was planned. Lovers in Japan was by far the stand out. One many have grown to love in concert. I thought they hit everything out that they could. Chris was in a great mood and kept apologizing for missing the original date. But we wouldn't expect anything less.

All in all this was a wonderful experience. I'm sure someone else can give you some more insight, but I'll prefer to look back on this as a collective. It really was quite an amazingly blissful experience. Even though I was one of the only people there who could sing the words to every song, the crowd came through. And behind it was Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy. The did a great job.

Viva la Coldplay!

OK!

I just got back from the concert!!!!!!!!!! My first EVER COLDPLAY CONCERT! ONE I HAD TO WAIT MORE MONTHS THAN I WANTED TO FOR!

Needless to say, I wasn't let down! I really worried the crowd would be bad though. Just from looking at this thread you can see how few "true" coldplay fans are attending this concert. It took a long time for the inside part of the ampitheater to fill up. Elbow played to about 50 people and the lawn crowd.

Well by the time Magnificent and Jay-Z and I'm not sure what classical piece it is but it's one I love and am annoyed i don't know the name to, the band came in.

I didn't expect the light swingers (what I shall call them), but they had them and they were quite spectacular.

Really all one can say about this concert is it's design and aesthetic. The music was great with the minor hiccups to be expected. Chris swore and kept it light and funny admist all the earnestness of the music. I was just taken aback by how perfect this concert was planned. Lovers in Japan was by far the stand out. One many have grown to love in concert. I thought they hit everything out that they could. Chris was in a great mood and kept apologizing for missing the original date. But we wouldn't expect anything less.

All in all this was a wonderful experience. I'm sure someone else can give you some more insight, but I'll prefer to look back on this as a collective. It really was quite an amazingly blissful experience. Even though I was one of the only people there who could sing the words to every song, the crowd came through. And behind it was Chris, Jonny, Will and Guy. The did a great job.

Viva la Coldplay!

Nice review and glad you finally got your show!

OK!

Viva la Coldplay!

Yay! I'm glad you had an awesome time! :dance: The first Coldplay concert is a very special experience that you'll never forget. And thanks for the great review! I can go to bed now haha.

By the way...the classical piece is The Blue Danube by Strauss. And it's ok, I didn't know the name of it before either. :laugh3: