✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[RESCHEDULED DATE] 27-July-2009: SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've just beefed up their article:

Tonight's Saratoga Performing Arts Center concert by Coldplay has been postponed because of an illness in the band, SPAC officials said. The show was to have been the kickoff of Live Nation's series of pop concerts at the amphitheater.

SPAC and Live Nation are trying to reschedule the show. If a new date is arranged, tickets for tonight's show will be honored for the rescheduled concert. Tickets may be refunded at the point of purchase or by calling Live Nation at (800) 431-3462.

Coldplay performed Tuesday night in Camden, N.J. SPAC's season began last weekend with a concert by the Boys and Girls Choir of Harlem; it continues Friday with a show by jazz singer Rachael Price and one on Saturday by Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra.

http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=804213

Tonight's Saratoga Performing Arts Center concert by Coldplay has been postponed because of an illness in the band, SPAC officials said. The show was to have been the kickoff of Live Nation's series of pop concerts at the amphitheater.

SPAC and Live Nation are trying to reschedule the show. If a new date is arranged, tickets for tonight's show will be honored for the rescheduled concert. Tickets may be refunded at the point of purchase or by calling Live Nation at (800) 431-3462.

Coldplay performed Tuesday night in Camden, N.J. SPAC's season began last weekend with a concert by the Boys and Girls Choir of Harlem; it continues Friday with a show by jazz singer Rachael Price and one on Saturday by Arturo O'Farrill & The Afro Latin Jazz Orchestra.

He must be then really not well can't see them postponing if it would be not serious.

Well - not a good time for lead singers at the mo. Depeche Mode cancelled quite bit of gigs as dave gahan is sick - was planning to go to the London show on Saturday which I think won't be going ahead either.

Guess there will be a tweet any minute.....no good

P.

Guest kmm1482
He said at last night's gig that his doctor had advised him not to go on because of his voice.

Oh no!!! I've always wondered how they do SO many shows without harming their voices. I guess it's finally caught up with him. Let's all do a 'get-better-chris'-voice' dance!! :lipsrsealed2:+:escaping::lock:= :singer:

My sympathies for those who were going to this concert :\

I can relate, I was going to see Robin Williams at my university's basketball dome, and the event was postponed because he had heart surgery. But now a new date has been given in October.

So, people, just be patient, and don't worry

He must be then really not well can't see them postponing if it would be not serious.

Well - not a good time for lead singers at the mo. Depeche Mode cancelled quite bit of gigs as dave gahan is sick - was planning to go to the London show on Saturday which I think won't be going ahead either.

Guess there will be a tweet any minute.....no good

P.

Add Morrissey on that postponed concert list also. This sucks though.

Refund information

Live Nation says they will notify ticketholders of the new date as soon as it it scheduled and then can request a refund if needed.

To request a refund now Live Nation says to take the following steps:

Because no refunds may be issued without Live Nation Tickets receiving the tickets back in the mail, we strongly recommend that you use the USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail service with the Delivery Confirmation option.

Tickets may be sent using this service to:

Live Nation Ticketing Customer Care

PO BOX 1090

Crozet, VA 22932

ATTN: Customer Care Managers

If you cannot use the USPS for shipment, please ship your tickets via your Express method of shipment to:

Live Nation Ticketing Customer Care

5391 Three Notch’d Rd

Crozet, VA 22932

ATTN: Customer Care Managers

Refunds will be issued to the credit card used at the time of purchase for the face value of the ticket and the per ticket convenience charge.

If you ordered Print At Home tickets or your tickets were being held at Will Call at the box office, you do not have to send them back. Just call us at the number below or email your refund request to [email protected] .

http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/canceled-1263661-coldplay-concert.html

OUCH.

My huge condolences to any fans who were so hyped about this gig, especially on such short notice! My biggest hope for these fans is that they truly mean "postponed" and don't change it to "cancelled". Hopefully Chris gets well soon before this happens to another gig! :(

Oh no :\

I really want to know what is up, but I guess we'll read soon enough on cp.com.

This sure sucks for the fans who planned to go to the gig tonight. But knowing Coldplay it will be serious, they wouldn't cancel if they could do otherwise.

If it is Chris' voice, I really really really hope he gets well soon. A singer in our country once had troubles with her voice, and she couldn't sing for about one year.

But hey, don't panic, maybe he has just a bad cold or something..

*breaks school rules by going on during class* Wait, what's going on?? There's something wrong with Chris' voice? Is it just a cold or something!

Oh no I hope he feels better, he must feel really badly about canceling :(