✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[RESCHEDULED DATE] 27-July-2009: SPAC, Saratoga Springs, NY, USA

Tonight's Saratoga show postponed

May 27, 2009 5:54 pm

Tonight's gig postponed due to illness

news_line.png

We're sorry to report that Coldplay have been forced to postpone tonight's show in Saratoga Springs, due to illness. They've asked us to apologise for the inconvenience this causes, but we are currently in the process of re-arranging the show for another date - please stay tuned to Coldplay.com for details. Thanks folks.

Anchorman

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SARATOGA SPRINGS — Tonight’s Coldplay performance at Saratoga Performing Arts Center has been postponed. The show on Friday in Scranton, PA has also been postponed.

SPAC officials say that the postponement is due to an illness in the band. Rumors have been circulating around Twitter, a popular social networking website, about the band being exposed to food poisoning. :rolleyes: Those rumors have not been verified.

SPAC and Live Nation are trying to reschedule the show. If a new date is arranged, tickets for tonight’s show will be honored for the rescheduled concert. Tickets may be refunded at the point of purchase or by calling Live Nation at (800) 431-3462.

More information will be released as it becomes available, according to Donna Eichmeyer, marketing manager of Live Nation.

Coldplay played Tuesday night at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ. The show received rave reviews from fans.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/may/27/0527_coldplay/

SARATOGA SPRINGS — Tonight’s Coldplay performance at Saratoga Performing Arts Center has been postponed. The show on Friday in Scranton, PA has also been postponed.

SPAC officials say that the postponement is due to an illness in the band. Rumors have been circulating around Twitter, a popular social networking website, about the band being exposed to food poisoning. :rolleyes: Those rumors have not been verified.

SPAC and Live Nation are trying to reschedule the show. If a new date is arranged, tickets for tonight’s show will be honored for the rescheduled concert. Tickets may be refunded at the point of purchase or by calling Live Nation at (800) 431-3462.

More information will be released as it becomes available, according to Donna Eichmeyer, marketing manager of Live Nation.

Coldplay played Tuesday night at the Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, NJ. The show received rave reviews from fans.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/may/27/0527_coldplay/

According to CP.com, there is not show scheduled for Friday.....did they mean the show on Saturday the 30th??

I hope Chris gets better soon..........I doubt it's food poisoning if they are cancelling the show on the 30th as well, food poisoning doesn't usually stick around that long.

Listening to the videos from last night his voice sounded spot on, if he announced at the end of the concert his dr. advising him not to go on, then it could be something to do with his burn? maybe it was getting infected, cause if he said this at the end then he had already seen a doctor.?????

Guest LiquidSky

aww that sucks! I was looking forward to more reviews! Boo! Sorry to everyone that was going :(

well i was having a shit day before i found this out and this was just spectacular news.

i was actually pissed at coldplay and chris for about 1/2 a second, but that subsided.

i was generally annoyed at my lack of luck. my first concert...postponed.

i thought i was lucky for them to even be coming up to saratoga, but it turned out it was too good to be true.

actually this is probably a good thing (unless they just cancel the concert - which would like lead to either :veryangry2: or :( reactions on my part) if it means we'll get a better concert.

i also feel bad for chris and the band. they've been pushing themselves to the limits. its unfortunate that limit had to be my show...MY FIRST SHOW...but its ok.

i just hope coldplay doesnt let me down with this. i dont consider chris being sick a let down. but cancelling the show and just giving refunds would be a big one.

i really dont want anything like that to happen and for it to skew my feelings about the band. id prefer to continue to bow down to coldplays greatness rather than be annoyed at them.

When he talked the sounded a bit rough. so, guess the doctor finally had his way after the show.

I can totally understand people getting annoyed with postponing the gig but at the end of the day if he is too sick to perform or in danger of long term damaging his voice there is nothing anybody can do. They are just normal people like us when they sick they are sick.

P.