✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5-Jun-2009: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if I learned one thing from this concert it's that jumping up and down for 2 hours has consequences! I can't even walk right now! My calves won't work! Either way it was so worth it!

I absolutely loved meeting all you Coldplayers! You guys are the best! I can't wait to do it again at Alpine! Since everyone else pretty much reviewed the concert, I'll just put up my pictures! Besides, My review would have been identical to Liz's! And she said it so much better!

Here are my favorites:

DSCN0690.jpg

Haha this pic really cracks me up :lol:

Thank, you're pics are absolutely gorgeous !

Woow I looked how is your camera and it's really big !:o Usually they forbid cameras who seems "professional", so did you hide it ?

And here's my Coldplayer picture! Complete with the guy that "found" Kelly's ticket!

DSCN0414.jpg

Aww that's so great to have a pic all together !

Now I'm waiting to know who all these people are ! :P

I think I'll post some more :D

DSCN0464.jpg

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0456.jpg

OK Gianna these pics are NOT even funny!!!:stunned::stunned::stunned::stunned: i knew they had to of turned out fabulous just by what u were showing me on the screen and they ddi!!;)

cant help but SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the pics of Phil smiling at us !!!!! :wacky: :wacky:

6/5/2009 ~ Majic 95.1, WAJI listener Ryan Alvarez and his wife interview Coldplay backstage at Verizon Wireless in Indianapolis. Ryan submitted the winning entry when we asked the question 'If you could interview Coldplay, what would you ask them?'

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSezT4tAbe4]YouTube - Majic 95.1, WAJI Coldplay Web Contest Interview Winner[/ame]

6/5/2009 ~ Majic 95.1, WAJI listener Ryan Alvarez and his wife interview Coldplay backstage at Verizon Wireless in Indianapolis. Ryan submitted the winning entry when we asked the question 'If you could interview Coldplay, what would you ask them?'

AHHHHHHHHH :bomb:!!! LUCKY!!

i take it they just interviewed Will then?!

ahhh Will :wacky: he was so wonderful to them, of course! :wacky:

Willy!! :cheesy:

Hey, has a vid for I'm a Believer been posted yet??? :thinking:

'Cause i couldn't find it in the first page, and someone uploaded the whole thing to yt :nice:

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The.hardest.part - your pics are stellar!! what kind of camera do you have - and did you have the flash on?

edit -never mind i just got to the last page on top and saw what you have sorry

Thanks Christa! But to answer your question, I didnt have the flash on. But being front row help the quality of my pictures.

:D

Well, if I learned one thing from this concert it's that jumping up and down for 2 hours has consequences! I can't even walk right now! My calves won't work! Either way it was so worth it!

I absolutely loved meeting all you Coldplayers! You guys are the best! I can't wait to do it again at Alpine! Since everyone else pretty much reviewed the concert, I'll just put up my pictures! Besides, My review would have been identical to Liz's! And she said it so much better!

Here are my favorites:

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0736.jpg

DSCN0740.jpg

DSCN0710.jpg

DSCN0716.jpg

DSCN0720.jpg

DSCN0723.jpg

DSCN0683.jpg

DSCN0690.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0578.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

Here's my photobucket album:

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c383/Gianna_Logston/Coldplay/Indy/

HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS!!

THESE PICS ARE SO AWSOME!! :sweatdrop::dead::stunned::shocked2::o

If your camera misteriousl disapeares u´ll know that I stoled it!:kiss:

Thanks Mary! :D It was great meeting you too! I have a Nikon Coolpix P80. I was told by the professional photographer that my mom works with that this is THE camera to have for concerts (without having a DSLR).

:o:o:oLordy Gianna, my husband kept asking when you were gonna post those pics!!!! Sure enough they are just incredible!!! We are spoiled with video and pic on this Indy thread aren't we ?!

:o:o:oLordy Gianna, my husband kept asking when you were gonna post those pics!!!! Sure enough they are just incredible!!! We are spoiled with video and pic on this Indy thread aren't we ?!

Yep! Soooo spoiled! Everyone's pictures are amazing! I especially loved everyone's videos. My camera takes shit videos but it makes up for it with the pictures:lol::sneaky:

Concert review: Coldplay at VWMC, June 5

ColdPlay00_0.jpgColdPlay01_2.jpg

Coldplay's June 5 show was consistent with shows on their last tour, which also stopped at Verizon Wireless Music Center.

Just like in 2005, the platinum-selling British group used tricks to win the crowd, dropping big yellow balloons filled with confetti during the rendition of their first hit, "Yellow." This time around they used not just one, but two auxiliary stages - one in the upper pavilion and the other on the lawn - to give the sold-out amphitheater a sense of intimacy.

Several tracks from their most acclaimed and best-selling release to date, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, graced the set list, notably "Violet Hill," "Lost" and the title cut. The quartet wore the garb - relics from Sgt. Pepper's closet - that has become synonymous with the album.

Coldplay also used globes that descended from the ceiling and projected everything from psychedelic imagery to live band shots, with quick cuts and '80s band a-ha-style stop-action animation. The video element brings Coldplay closer than ever to Pink Floyd's visual superiority.

Frontman Chris Martin executed his customary half-skip around the stage and two catwalks. He rarely sat still at his piano, either, unless the band was playing one of its more meditative numbers. Martin struck the right balance between engaging the audience and not getting on its nerves, however. During one impromptu jam on the lawn stage, he riffed, "Singing in some places is good, in others great. Especially when you're playing the Hoosier state." At another point he orchestrated a cell phone wave.

Coldplay have also shown their aptitude for bringing along great and/or complementary special guests. In 2005 it was the Technicolor fuzz of Black Mountain. This time it was the lovelorn pop-rock of Snow Patrol, who headlined their own concert two summers ago at The Lawn.

Unlike Coldplay, Snow Patrol only performed two songs off their new album, A Hundred Million Suns: the pixie-dust propulsion of "If There's a Rocket Tie Me To It" and the fist-pumping thump of "Crack the Shutters." Otherwise the Irish group's older recordings were better represented, and still enough to get many out of their seats. Opening act Howling Bells commenced the proceedings with a darkly danceable and hypnotic brand of rock. Think a Cure vibe without the mope.

http://www.nuvo.net