✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

5-Jun-2009: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Indianapolis, IN, USA

Chris was having a love fest with the family of the 2 cute teenagers that had been in line since 10:30. Her brother and his mom & bro joined them up front and I have never seen a family so absolutely freaked out by every song...ALL of them were like "Strawberry Swing???" OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!! 42?? OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!

Chris was giving them a ridiculous amount of love via the hi-5, step on the head, googly eyes kind. It was fun to watch even if I was a leeeetle jealous.

Aww :D

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not that you suck, its the board not understanding facebook vids. it can link youtube and another site which I can't think of at the moment.

Hey Novah! We were looking for you in the line before the gates opened. Just wanted you to know that! We wanted to see your butterfly net. Ha, the mental image of you getting in with that thing and actually waving it around trying to catch butterlflies in agony is just so...so :bomb: CUTE!!!!! :wacky: I wish I could have met you! You seem so cool! :hug: Glad you had a good time!

Aw, well thanks! :) You wouldn't have seen me in line because I didn't make it there until Snow Patrol had already started. :\ The last 5 minutes of the trip (according to my GPS unit) took us 90 minutes. It was agony. The friend I had with me had to hold my hand to keep me from bursting out of the car and RUNNING. We were so close we could see the parking lot, and watched it get slowly closer for an hour. The longest hour of my LIFE.

The net was fun. The security guy didn't bat an eye at it, either. :) I was kind of hoping to set a trend, but it might have annoyed the people behind me. Or maybe just amused them. :D Especially given there were NO butterflies overhead our section during LiJ! And I was waving it with such frustration!

Though we did go to the Indy Zoo the next morning and this little guy landed right next to me and posed for a couple minutes:

4641_89296311889_612206889_2376823_3136868_n.jpg

I was like, "sure, NOW the butterflies come to me!" :D

Side story because it was interesting... on our way to the car, I realized one of the drunk guys was talking to my friend, saying "c'mon man, I'll give you $20 right now for it!"

I naturally assumed he wanted his LRLRL to sell online, so annoyed, I said 'They'll already be selling for less than that within the week on eBay." But the guy seemed happy about that. "Really?"

That's when my friend informed me the guy was making an offer to buy his fedora. :D

And now a rant because I have to get this out. I put my own LRLRL in my Program and set it in the car. I don't know at what point it slipped out but it wasn't there when we got home. I was frantic. My friend gave me his, assuring me the other one would turn up, but I don't know. I'm worried now it slipped out when we were being herded back to the parking lot. :\ And I'm just sick about that. Here I am, the collecter of over 45 Coldplay CDs, been waiting to grab my very own LRLRL since they first announced it, and I LOST my copy. I'm so angry at myself, I can't even say. :( *sigh*

It's enough to make me want to keep my St. Louis tickets, just so I can grab a new one for my friend!

cp.jpg

The adventure began as we were waiting for the gates to open; we were approached by a member of the guest services team of LiveNation. We were given free upgraded seats to the lower pavilion of the amphitheater, which we graciously took. We made our way in bought shirts and made our way to our seats which happened to be about 20 rows from the stage. The music started off with Howling Bells an Australian foursome with a female lead singer. Having not heard of them before getting to the concert, I was pleasantly surprised as they went through their set. The played a mix of songs with driving tight knit licks and hypnotic crisp vocals. Some of the highlights include the songs Broken Bones and Low Happening.

-3.5 out of 5 stars

After a rather quick equipment swap, Snow Patrol was on stage. They played of mix of songs from most recent three albums including If There’s A Rocket Tie Me To It, Crack The Shutters, You’re All I Have, Hands Open, Chasing Cars, Shut Your Eyes, Run, and Chocolate. Gary Lighbody, Snow Patrol’s front man was energetic and fun loving. He kept the crowd involved and the mode light. This is the second time I’ve seen Snow Patrol, this time the sound was much better all beit loud, it was still understandable.

-4 out of 5 stars

Coldplay took the stage amid a black see through curtain in front of the stage. Sparklers in hand they made their way to their instruments. Life in Technicolor was played and finished, Violet Hill started and the curtain dropped. The show started its energetic path here; the mix of songs was highly enjoyable as they played songs from all of their albums. One high point was Yellow and the many beanbag sized yellow balloons engrossed the crowd, another was Fix You in which the crowd belted out the chorus. The real treat for my wife and I was when they took to the “mini” stages setup in the audience, one which happened to be six rows behind us. There they played a medley of songs and finished that part of the show with Chris Martin playing The Hardest Part. The encore started with Politik, and followed with Lovers In Japan, and Death and All His Friends. This was one of my most memorable concerts to date!

-4.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.siderbox.com/?p=16

OK here are my pics.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/angie7581/Coldplay%20live%20shows/Indy%206-5-09/?albumview=slideshow

And Mary and I went to the show with our friend Todd. He doesn't post on here, but he did give me copies of his pics. I uploaded some so you guys could enjoy them, hope he doesn't mind. He has a more fancier camera than me and it takes awesome pics. :D

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/angie7581/Coldplay%20live%20shows/Indy%206-5-09/todd%20indy%20pics/?albumview=slideshow

Side story because it was interesting... on our way to the car, I realized one of the drunk guys was talking to my friend, saying "c'mon man, I'll give you $20 right now for it!"

I naturally assumed he wanted his LRLRL to sell online, so annoyed, I said 'They'll already be selling for less than that within the week on eBay." But the guy seemed happy about that. "Really?"

That's when my friend informed me the guy was making an offer to buy his fedora. :D

And now a rant because I have to get this out. I put my own LRLRL in my Program and set it in the car. I don't know at what point it slipped out but it wasn't there when we got home. I was frantic. My friend gave me his, assuring me the other one would turn up, but I don't know. I'm worried now it slipped out when we were being herded back to the parking lot. :\ And I'm just sick about that. Here I am, the collecter of over 45 Coldplay CDs, been waiting to grab my very own LRLRL since they first announced it, and I LOST my copy. I'm so angry at myself, I can't even say. :( *sigh*

It's enough to make me want to keep my St. Louis tickets, just so I can grab a new one for my friend!

I got two CD's b/c my mommie went as well, so we have two. Want one? It would make me feel good giving it a nice Coldplayer home!

And here is IF there's a rocket on youtube:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21hj4Dcnhho&feature=channel_page]YouTube - If there's a Rocket Tie Me To IT[/ame]

OK here are my pics.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/angie7581/Coldplay%20live%20shows/Indy%206-5-09/?albumview=slideshow

And Mary and I went to the show with our friend Todd. He doesn't post on here, but he did give me copies of his pics. I uploaded some so you guys could enjoy them, hope he doesn't mind. He has a more fancier camera than me and it takes awesome pics. :D

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/angie7581/Coldplay%20live%20shows/Indy%206-5-09/todd%20indy%20pics/?albumview=slideshow

Great pics Angie and Todd has some really nice ones too:D Some good shots of Will in there! :drummer:

OK here are my pics.

Great pics! :o

OK YouTube is soooooo frickin slow today. I have several videos in the que and several more that need to added to the que but I have to sleep. I will post them in here later. If you have my channel link, check it because they hopefully will be loading throughout the day.