✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ticket drop! Better seats now available for some shows

Seems that a bunch of seats have been released for certain shows, within the past few days. For example, seats in 100 level for Camden and Charlotte. These tickets are WAY better than those released for the presales and initial general sales.

I'm feeling the need to upgrade. Basically, I'm going to get screwed over, but after all, it's Coldplay.

One scenario I thought of... Perhaps blocks of closer seats were held back initially as management did not give final arrangements to the venues regarding the catwalks, etc. That would impact on which front section seats could and could not be sold. I say this because I suspect it's not a coincidence that better seats are opening up at the same time for different venues. Maybe now everyone is on the same page.

Or, maybe this is just a dirty trick on Live Nation's part!

Anyway, if you are holding tix and wish to possibly upgrade, check out your show listing. Also check to see if pit tickets are now available. I know they just released pit tix for Charlotte, which were not available before.

Yeah, I upgraded my tickets in Houston 20 rows on Tuesday! Right now, PIT tickets are available in the following locations:

West Palm Beach, FL

Atlanta, GA

Virginia Beach, VA

Charlotte, NC

Bristow, VA

Camden, NJ

Hartford, CT

Burgettstown, PA

East Troy, WI

and possibly others...

Sucks none of the shows I'm going to are this lucky! Shame I can't go to any of these shows either :cry: I'd love to be in the PIT for just one show, but I can only afford to go to three this year (and one of those just happened to co-incide with a work trip!). I would love to go to the West Palm Beach concert since it's the first one and the PIT is pretty small compared to most of them (only 200 tickets), but no way I can do that, ha.

I'm thinking it's something like you said, or they are just releasing some of the tickets they initially held back for friends/family...

I was flabbergasted when I saw that the pit tickets were on sale on Livenation, I am going to the West Palm Beach show and the final Tampa show. Or in other words, the opening and closing nights. :smug:

I am so happy that I was able to find two tickets for the GA Pit in the WPB show, I can't believe that I am going to be so close to the stage! And without having to pay hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a ticket! :dance:

I made posts on every show thread this afternoon, trying to spread the word to fellow Coldplayers here in the forum, and some recently created threads in order for them to buy these wonderful seats! But sadly, I haven't received a reply from anyone. :cry:

But anyway, I am still shocked to see such a wonderful thing... Now the thing is to sell the tickets that I'd already bought, they're premium seats but in the upper level...

Congratulations to everyone who got GA Pit tickets! :lol:

While I'm upset this is happening, I'm also happy I'm able to get better seats. I really need to know one thing though. I have pit seats (3) and another set of 3 for the Atlanta show that I need to sell. On top of that, I just purchased my 5th set of 2 tickets to Charlotte. Not that I can't afford to buy these and hold onto them and sell them later, but will I be able to? I was about to put my Atlanta tickets on eBay and saw that no one was having luck selling them. Then I checked ticketmaster and realized there were much better seats open now at face value (which I am selling mine anyway). So, will I be able to sell them and when and where should I try? Can I get face value at the show? I'm amazed they aren't sold out and that I have worse seats than are available now. Damnit!

I can only speak for what happened to us last year...We got an extra set of tickets after we upgraded, so we put them up on ebay face value. Nobody was buying, but then 2 weeks before the show we were suddenly in the middle of a bidding war and actually made a small profit. So you might get motivated buyers when all the seats are gone and its crunch time..

Yes, I just saw that pit seats are available for the Maryland Heights, MO show. This is AFTER I spent another $260 upgrading from UPPER LEFT, WW to LOWER RIGHT, N. Oh well. It would've been cool to be in the pit, but we just can't afford to shell out another $260 for pit seats.