✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I heard Blur songs are really hard to play actually. Especially some of Graham's guitar parts, I bet they are!!

Guys, I've actually been thinking of buying a :uhoh: melodica :uhoh2:

Do it, Lizzy! I bought one recently. Totally inspired by Damon. I play the piano and it is so handy and portable. I love it. They aren't too expensive either.

I love playing along with Blur songs, esp tender, beetlebum, Battery in your leg and charmless man is a lot of fun. I just strum along on the guitar though - nothing too complicated.

Hey, last time I wrote something in here the forum got closed for a few days :dozey: and then I was busy being a tourist in Norway :nice:.

Anyway, thanks to those who welcomed me here back then !

So, is it gonna be a listening party for Blur? If so, when? *is excited*

I wanna hear that Nina! Can't be worse than me tho :P
Are you sure? :lol: lol i'll practice a bit and then post a video.

Do it, Lizzy! I bought one recently. Totally inspired by Damon. I play the piano and it is so handy and portable. I love it. They aren't too expensive either.

I love playing along with Blur songs, esp tender, beetlebum, Battery in your leg and charmless man is a lot of fun. I just strum along on the guitar though - nothing too complicated.

Melodica sounds like fun! :wacky: You guys need to post videos of your covers! Or at least mp3s pretty please. :wacky:

Melodica sounds like fun! :wacky: You guys need to post videos of your covers! Or at least mp3s pretty please. :wacky:

Oh god! I don't think you wanna hear that! I can't sing so it'd just be me strumming the chords a bit!

And I agree on the listening party. Looking forward to it.

I'm thinking I will :wacky: I should take it to mah Gorillaz shows and play along with him :lol: I'm sure he'd be flattered lulz.

Listening party fuck yeah!! Let's do Parklife or 13 soon!

Ok, so I was bored and I caved! I did a cover of 'Battery in your leg'. I hope you don't hate it! I really love this song. It means a lot to me. It's a pretty straightfoward cover. You may be sorry you asked!! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdCF6NJJaHo]YouTube- Battery in Your Leg cover.wmv[/ame]

^What instruments did you use? I hear a guitar, what's the other one? :wacko:

It's very good! Nicely done.

I have a melodica, or at least that's what I think it is. And it's probably older than me.

I love the chord progression of Blur songs. Even TGTBTQ's chord progression is quite good. In fact, all of Damon's works, even Gorillaz. Damon Albarn is a genius <3

I try to play a Blur song completely, but normally Graham's part confuses me, since I play by ear.

Hey, last time I wrote something in here the forum got closed for a few days :dozey: and then I was busy being a tourist in Norway :nice:.

Anyway, thanks to those who welcomed me here back then !

So, is it gonna be a listening party for Blur? If so, when? *is excited*

Oh god I can't believe you wrote this! You deserve a good whipping:whip:

But I'm glad you like Blur now :mellow: I'm in!

Yeah I am, do it:whip:

Would be fun to each post a cover vid!

I'm thinking I will :wacky: I should take it to mah Gorillaz shows and play along with him :lol: I'm sure he'd be flattered lulz.

Listening party fuck yeah!! Let's do Parklife or 13 soon!

Haha you should totally do that xD

I know Parklife by heart and I love it, and I haven't listened to 13 yet so both are okay!

^What instruments did you use? I hear a guitar, what's the other one? :wacko:

It's very good! Nicely done.

Aw thanks!

The other instrument is a melodica. It's the Hohner fire one to be exact ;)

And I agree about the chord progressions. Especially with Gorillaz and GBQ. I just love how most of the songs have an oddness about them.

Omg no it's good!! :wacky:

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Thanks Lizzy, and you're welcome!

YouTube- Battery in Your Leg cover.wmv[/url]

Really cool cover ! Congrats !

Oh god I can't believe you wrote this! You deserve a good whipping:whip:

But I'm glad you like Blur now :mellow: I'm in!

Ummm, what did I say in that message to deserve a good whipping ?? lol :thinking:

And I agree about the chord progressions. Especially with Gorillaz and GBQ. I just love how most of the songs have an oddness about them.

Yeahhh, Kingdom of Doom is pretty interesting. :wacko:

It's odd in it's own beautiful way. Like say, when it's A, the relative chord should be C#, but instead they use C. Like in Beetlebum. :wacky:

Naah nothing wrong with this message, it's just cause you said you didn't like them a few months ago haha

How were your vacations? :kiss:

I never said that ! You little liar! You are the one deserving a good whipping :whip: :P ! xD

Ok, maybe I said something like I didn't find Damon's voice THAT amazing or something. :shame: lol

My vacation was fucking great, thanks :cool:. What about you?