✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ :whip:

i doubt anyone is going to agree with that in here.

Fuck off! 15 years?! I feel so old now!

And dickheads on youtube are still going on about it. It really was/is ridiculous.

Yah, they were completely different bands, with different sounds so it was silly to compare them. I still think Blur were always more creative and not afraid to change things up every album. And obviously Damon has gone on to work with all kinds of creative ppl and make all kinds of awesome music!

^Yeah - since when have sales figures been the measure of quality?

The whole oasis vs Blur thing was ridiculous. People are such idiots. The media is always behind this kind of bullshit and people always fall for it hook, line and sinker. It sold lots of papers though, didn't it?

I just find it so strange that people still get so worked up about it. Every time you look at a Blur vid on youtube there's comments comparing the two. I assume it's the same the other way around also.

:wacky: yeah. and well Oasis were more popular in the States :sick:

I don't think Blur cared though, they've never really liked the States that much anyway and I have a lot of respect for them not sucking up to our media and stuff to try and get popular with the radio stations over here. All we play is crap anyway.

^Yeah - since when have sales figures been the measure of quality?

The whole oasis vs Blur thing was ridiculous. People are such idiots. The media is always behind this kind of bullshit and people always fall for it hook, line and sinker. It sold lots of papers though, didn't it?

I just find it so strange that people still get so worked up about it. Every time you look at a Blur vid on youtube there's comments comparing the two. I assume it's the same the other way around also.

Cos people are idiots

Over here, Oasis' albums can easily be found, but so far, I don't think I've seen any Blur albums, other than Midlife, Best of and All The People (Hyde Park audio). :sad:

Blur won the battle, but Oasis won the war (in the end)

I have to agree. But if Damon Albarn's achievements are counted in in the even longer run, I would say Blur won. Blur reunited, Oasis broke up.

I suppose I am a little biased... :shame:

^ :wacky: love it!!

not to bring up the battle again.. but i found this and couldn't stop laughing...

tumblr_l75wlcPSIg1qc161po1_1280.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0RYTHV9YYQ4W5Q3HQMG2&Expires=1281909419&Signature=I5WLsm5C2IWNofiJwhXockBtks8%3D

but it's also cute about Damon wanting to be a dad and stuff

:laugh3::laugh3:

So, I'm thinking of buying 'A bit of a Blur' by Alex James. Has anyone read it? Is it good?

It's amazing! You gotta read it. Alex's Damon stories are hilarious and even though it's written by him you really find out a lot more about each of them. I found it very sweet how endearing he was towards Graham especially but also Damon.

I also found this quote today that I find hilarious!

And the bass player’s a closet faggot who wants his nose smacking in. He pinched my arse - proper pinched it when I was out. I turned around and went “What do you think you’re doing?” And he went “Alright mate?” I’ll give you alright, you ****. But apart from that, I like ‘em [laughs]

Noel Gallagher talking about Alex James

Oh my god, Alex! :laugh3: So this is how the rivalry started!

I also found this quote today that I find hilarious!

And the bass player’s a closet faggot who wants his nose smacking in. He pinched my arse - proper pinched it when I was out. I turned around and went “What do you think you’re doing?” And he went “Alright mate?” I’ll give you alright, you ****. But apart from that, I like ‘em [laughs]

Noel Gallagher talking about Alex James

Oh my god, Alex! :laugh3: So this is how the rivalry started!

:laugh3::laugh3:

Why do I feel as if it's so Alex? :laugh3:

That's how the rivalry started? By pinching Noel Gallagher's ass? :wtf:

:laugh3:

If I'm not mistaken, Noel Gallagher hates Alex and Damon the most from Blur, right? :thinking: I remember reading that he wished for them to catch AIDS and die, but then he apologized for that statement.

Hahahahah I still am laughing like crazy from that quote. And yeah, Noel said he wished Alex and Damon would die of aids.

I can imagine Alex annoying the Oasis guys to no end! :lol:

Given Liam Gallagher’s ongoing animosity towards Blur – at last year’s Q Awards, some five years after the Blur v Oasis feud raged in the tabloids, Liam heckled Blur bassist Alex James with shouts of “Fatboy”

SABOFBAFUIGVBUGIVI F fgqzuf oqvfzuoqfcoVGWUIGVPWGV

I found an interview from the Think Tank era in Phosphore, a French magazine. Perrine and Louise, I'll scan them ASAP and could you help me translate that into English? Pretty please with a Damon Graham cherry on top?

SABOFBAFUIGVBUGIVI F fgqzuf oqvfzuoqfcoVGWUIGVPWGV

I found an interview from the Think Tank era in Phosphore, a French magazine. Perrine and Louise, I'll scan them ASAP and could you help me translate that into English? Pretty please with a Damon Graham cherry on top?

Sure :)