✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just discovered Caramel... such a beautiful song :cry:

Also I now love Trimm Trabb! As you might be able to tell I've been listening to 13 a lot recently...

It's their masterpiece. So much better than Parklife; Graham at his best, melancholic Damon, ambitious production, ambitious structures.

I just finished Alex James's autobiography today. He said that for Tender, he thought he'd use his double bass. He brought it in, tuned it up, and William Orbit recorded the tuning. They messed around with the recording of him tuning the instrument, and used it in the song. He didn't play a note of it properly.

Useless post but TRIMM TRABB :dazzled::dazzled::dazzled::dazzled::dazzled: :dazzled: :dazzled:

Oh and Hyde Park in 2009 was splendid and I'm sure this year will be great too.

I just love the random noises and talking you hear throughout that album. Especially the random "Oooooooooh... ch ch ch ch ch" at the beginning of Trimm Trabb :wacky: and the random stuff at the beginning of BLUREMI :laugh3:

Trimm Trabb is one of my favourite Blur songs. I can't exactly say why but I love everything about it - the guitar, random noises, vocals and lyrics. It's like being one of those kids who want to be hip but who at the same time know that the cool people are shallow and not worth of the effort. Or something like that. :uhoh:

Trimm Trabb is one of my favourite Blur songs. It's like being one of those kids who want to be hip but who at the same time know that the cool people are shallow and not worth of the effort. Or something like that. :uhoh:

I agree exactly with this :)

Trimm Trabb is one of my favourite Blur songs. I can't exactly say why but I love everything about it - the guitar, random noises, vocals and lyrics. It's like being one of those kids who want to be hip but who at the same time know that the cool people are shallow and not worth of the effort. Or something like that. :uhoh:

What I love most about Trimm Trabb is how... close everything sounds. Damon sounds like he's in the room with you, I'm not sure if its the reverb, the lack of it, or what. Same with Caramel, No Distance Left to Run and Tender. Not many bands can sound that intimate on album 6.

^ I got an email about a ticket that I need to print off and bring with me, rather than them sending me a ticket, I don't know if it would be the same for you as well?

That sounds weird :huh: I got an email saying they've dispatched it and it should arrive within 5 working days but that was over a week ago... :confused:

It turns out that the email was actually saying that it had been dispatched to the delivery company or something, who apparently aren't allowed to deliver the tickets until 7 days before the concert. I'm going to be away up until the day before the concert, so I won't know until then if they have actually sent them :confused:

If the delivery company is DX then run for the hills

Either you will get the tickets pushed though your letterbox without needing a signature or they will be petty and only give them to the person whom is named on the envelope.

-----

My deluxe editions of the albums have been posted :D

I'm going to have to collect my tickets from the sorting office on the day of the concert (Monday)!

Also, I'm not going to be able to contact my date about travel arrangements until the Saturday! It's all going to be terribly last-minute :laugh3:

1 week to go :bomb: Anyone else here going to Wolverhampton on Monday?

And don't forget Blur are playing live at Maida Vale Studios tomorrow at 6 o'clock! ;)

edit: and I love how Song 2 is being played after every goal in the GB Olympic hockey match :D

Anyone else listening to the guys on BBC Radio 6Music right now? Am I alone here? Hellooooo?!

edit: Well that was absolutely bloody amazing :awesome: I don't even know how I'm going to feel on Monday if I'm this excited over only 7 songs on the radio :wacky:

They're on Radio 2 right now and here you can watch the live stream (no proxies needed): http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/interactive/2012/jul/31/blur-play-maida-vale-watch-live

And I KNOW RIGHT?! I can't believe how great Damon's voice is and how flawless the others are playing their instruments. I hope we get some nice footage of this gig (YES, I'M LOOKING AT YOU, THEBOX).

I've just seen the radio 2 performance :dead:

Without spoiling it for people who haven't seen it yet, I can't believe they played those songs! :o

My reactions (WARNING SPOILERS):

OMG Caramel :dazzled:

OMG Young and Lovely :o

OMG Mr Briggs :o

OMG Intermission :awesome: