✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered Parklive :) I didn't go to Hyde Park but the setlist was basically the same as the concert I went to :P Only The Puritan is missing, did they really not play that? I guess they will include it as one of the bonus tracks from the warm-up shows.

Another thing I noticed is on the tracklist it says Under the Westway/Commercial Break even though I'm pretty sure they played Intermission, not Commercial Break. At least they played it in Wolverhampton so I would assume they played it in Hyde Park as well.

Also, I really wanna get Blur 21 :bomb: when it came out I thought I could resist it, but now the attraction of all those b-sides and unreleased demos is too strong!

The Puritan wasn't played. A backing track was stopped after being started for what was only a few seconds. Followed by a glaring look from Damon. I thought they'd played it at the wrong point, but they never started it again.

Incredible.

Really moving at the end when Damon just looked out, teary-eyed before saying "Goodnight!" and leaving the stage. It really did seem like the end.

I LOVED IT.

I was down at the front but I couldn't see Damon all that well from where I was standing so I'm looking forward to some good videos of him looking at the crowd. It was a truly fascinating moment even though I couldn't see him at that precise moment and I wish they'd stay on the stage for just a little bit longer to play more just one more song. I hope it's not the end, it can't be. :(

I've just ordered Parklive :) I didn't go to Hyde Park but the setlist was basically the same as the concert I went to :P Only The Puritan is missing, did they really not play that? I guess they will include it as one of the bonus tracks from the warm-up shows.
I preordered the deluxe box set a while ago and downloaded the mp3's today. :smiley: As for The Puritan - I thought they simply changed the setlist but it looks like it wasn't that... Perhaps Damon thought it didn't fit that moment.

Sorry if anything's written a bit weird... the gig went by in what seemed to be a minute and especially the last few songs were all dream-like. I haven't seen anything quite that good until then, hence my... confusion and all.

Louise, Kelly - it was great meeting you! :cheesy:

Again an incredible concert! I almost cried at the end.

Yes, I think Damon doesn't wanted to play The Puritan at that moment but it doesn't matter. I mean they played Young and lovely, London Love, Caramel and Sing !! Not the songs I would have chose if I had the choice (Bugman!!) but it was still so good!

I am very happy to met you girls. As always I would have liked talk to you more (especially with you Kelly). If only I wasn't that shy and embarrasing with my english (and having French fans around me doesn't help me at all) but anyway, I felt so good thinking you were there and you had a great time seeing blur (well I assume it was awsome for you too!).

Those two french I spend the gig with were really nice. The girl is an "old" fan and had great stories about gigs she attended to.

Does the view from Primrose Hill was nice Nina?

And Thank you SuperFitz for the review. I read it before I leave for London on saturday morning and it totally make me in a good mood for the concert on sunday!

Louise, I'd feel much better if my spoken French wasn't that horrid! I couldn't find the right words at all. :bigcry:

Yeah they were nice. Shame we weren't standing closer together - I tried to save a spot for you guys but there were so many people everywhere, I was exhausted and I couldn't see anyone I knew apart from Suzanne. :wreck:

The view was absolutely lovely despite the bad weather. It IS windy there and now I have a sore throat because of the stupid hill. :lol: I'll post some photos later today. :)

I LOVED IT.

I was down at the front but I couldn't see Damon all that well from where I was standing so I'm looking forward to some good videos of him looking at the crowd. It was a truly fascinating moment even though I couldn't see him at that precise moment and I wish they'd stay on the stage for just a little bit longer to play more just one more song. I hope it's not the end, it can't be. :(

I preordered the deluxe box set a while ago and downloaded the mp3's today. :smiley: As for The Puritan - I thought they simply changed the setlist but it looks like it wasn't that... Perhaps Damon thought it didn't fit that moment.

Couldn't have been all that far away from you!

(Also, I see you're the other one who voted for 13 on the poll; well done for being awesome.)

Hehehehe that poll is impossible. Like I could really pick my favourite Blur album :rolleyes:

I voted for Modern Life Is Rubbish, but only because I'm still on a high from hearing Colin Zeal and Intermission live :D At any other time it could just as easily be Parklife, Blur, 13 or The Great Escape .

Really? I was on Alex's side, more or less in front of him. A girl with blonde hair who's a big NO fan was standing next to me. And right before Caramel, a girl came up to the front and had an "interesting" conversation with a security guy, which ended in her being pulled out. :rolleyes:

And yep, 13 is awesome. I kinda wish I bought the SE CD at the exhibit. I only got Blur.

I saw that security were around your spot for a long time before getting out someone of the crowd. I hope that didn't annoyed you too much.

Oh and is the tag in Primrose Hill completely gone?

I will order Parklive when it come out and I'll have to wait for christmas to get the Blur21 box as a gift because I really can't afford it. Long wait till I can put my hands on that beauty.

I dreamed last night I was walking in the streets of London and I bumped into Graham and have a nice chat with him. :wacky:

Really? I was on Alex's side, more or less in front of him. A girl with blonde hair who's a big NO fan was standing next to me. And right before Caramel, a girl came up to the front and had an "interesting" conversation with a security guy, which ended in her being pulled out. :rolleyes:

And yep, 13 is awesome. I kinda wish I bought the SE CD at the exhibit. I only got Blur.

Really? How did she manage that?

I was the other side. Incredible atmosphere, lovely crowd. All apart from the woman who didn't enjoy everyone jumping in Song 2. Silly cow.

Is that the one from the 21 boxset? I got the boxset the other week, it's gorgeous.

Louise - yeah that was it. He told her "Well, you can't expect to get back to the front." So eventually she gave in and left the pit. Thank god, she was annoying. I think people let her through because of her problem - she wasn't making it up but it she did think she'd get back her spot.

I'll have to wait for Blur 21 to get cheaper or something, I absolutely cannot afford it right now. The copy of Blur that I have comes in a square box, and includes four cards with photos of the guys, a booklet with an interview about the album and the bonus disc. £15, not bad at all!

Also, I wish I dreamt about Blur! I've never managed to so far, I don't think. :(

Also, I wish I dreamt about Blur! I've never managed to so far, I don't think. :(

I had a dream that the four of them were waiting around in the reception of the building I study at for Uni. It was snowing outside, and they were doing a secret gig, and Damon asked me if I was going. I said I was seeing Coldplay. He said "They're shit. You'd much rather see us, wouldn't you?" I thought about it, and I thought, well I do really like Blur, so why not. And then I woke up.

That's a cool dream! Glad you decided to go to see Blur. :D

I have other recurring dreams where I meet Damon and I speak to him, and I'm always really cautious, because I'd imagine he's quite... spiky. I imagine he's not too warm to strangers. I think my conscience is telling me something :lol: