To the End

Tender

This Is a Low

Battery in Your Leg

Under the Westway

Look Inside America

For Tomorrow

The Universal

I'm thinking they might play stuff from Think Tank (other than just OOT) due to it being the 10th anniversary of Think Tank this year. It was also their most successful album in the US so it makes sense to play more than one song from it at a US festival. I put Look Inside America in the encore because I thought it would be nice for them to pay tribute to their American fans who have waited so long for them to come there.

They HAVE to start playing Good Song

It's such a good song, why don't they play it live? :angry:

I don't know... I sort of get the feeling they try to forget that album exists, because of Graham not being in the band at the time. But you're right, it is an amazing song and they should play it!

I don't know... I sort of get the feeling they try to forget that album exists, because of Graham not being in the band at the time. But you're right, it is an amazing song and they should play it!

It's probably, together with 13, my favourite Blur album. It's so good, but it really seems like they're trying to forget that it exists. :(

Isn't Glastonbury usually good?

Yeah, but there's only half the tickets available as Coachella, because it's only over one weekend, and the system for ordering them is a complete lottery, so there's slim to no chance of getting any.

Other than that,

Reading and Leeds: Eminem and Biffy Clyro

T In the Park: Rihanna, Killers and Mumfords

Bestival: Snoop Dogg and Elton John :confused:

Isle of Wight: Stone Roses, Killers and Bon Jovi

And a big resounding "meh" all round for the rest of the line-ups.

I'll probably go to Coachella because it's tradition but it is quite an underwhelming lineup.

Really?? I'm very impressed by it, one of the most eclectic and interesting line-ups Coachella's had for a while. And yeah, less "bro" music.

RHCP is a lazy leftover from last year who quite frankly wasn't that great at any festivals last year, but I think it's a really solid lineup all around. Has less upper-billed house crap than last year.

I'm sure they had something more special in mind to headline that last night, but it didn't work out, so Chili Peppers were the back-up choice.

What great news for Blur fans all over the world :dazzled: Since the release of the MBV album I feel optimistic about a new album. And it will be good, Damon just doesn't disappoint.

Really?? I'm very impressed by it, one of the most eclectic and interesting line-ups Coachella's had for a while. And yeah, less "bro" music.

Probably because I already saw the majority of the "big" bands. Hard to get excited about acts like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the XX, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Beach House, etc when I've already been to their concerts.

Probably because I already saw the majority of the "big" bands. Hard to get excited about acts like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the XX, Phoenix, Vampire Weekend, Beach House, etc when I've already been to their concerts.

Lucky you!

Yeah they're nice but I didn't really bat an eyelash at them either. Will go anyway, probably. (My first festival! :wacky: I've been saving up for the past year just in case "Blur or The Stone Roses ever come to America". Didn't expect both!!)

Out of curiosity, how do you know how much time a band gets to play by the size of their name? Not just Coachella-specific but how can you tell with festivals in general.

Sorry I'm going off-topic :disappointed:

Out of curiosity, how do you know how much time a band gets to play by the size of their name? Not just Coachella-specific but how can you tell with festivals in general.

Festivals will post the set times - that way you can plan ahead (and be prepared to make some really tough choices).

Most acts range from 45 min to an hour. The headliners obviously get more time. If I remember correctly, I think Radiohead was on stage at Coachella for ~2 hrs last year.

I'm sure they had something more special in mind to headline that last night, but it didn't work out, so Chili Peppers were the back-up choice.

We know Rolling Stones were their choice. They backed out at the 11th hour over money issues, so they got the safest act they could find which is RHCP since they never say no to a paycheck. And I don't dislike RHCP, but I saw them last year and Anthony Kiedis's voice is just dreadful nowadays.

And non-headline acts tend to get 40-50 minutes at Coachella. A little less than other festivals where it's usually an hour. Expect at least 90 minutes for headliners.

Yeah, but there's only half the tickets available as Coachella, because it's only over one weekend, and the system for ordering them is a complete lottery, so there's slim to no chance of getting any.

Doesn't Glasto hold almost 200,000 people? Coachella is 70,000 per weekend.

Blur played for about 2 hours in Hyde Park last year, if that's of any help.

Nice. Festival sets tend to be a tad shorter (Radiohead got 20 songs last year when most of their shows were 23-24 songs) so we'll see, hopefully that co-headline slot with Stone Roses gives them enough time.

This is completely random, but I had a dream last night that they were doing a gig in the car park of a supermarket near where my dad lives. It took them ages to begin because they forgot to plug everything in and we could see Damon and Graham joking and having a laugh while they got set up :wacky: Weirdly, they opened with On the Way to the Club which was a really cool reworked version with a different guitar riff. Everyone was singing along, even though it's not a well known song. For some reason the whole crowd had to stand behind a rope, but I crouched under it and Damon saw me. I was really close to Alex and I shouted out that he smelled of cheese and Damon laughed :wacky:

Basically this made me think they should play On the Way to the Club again because it's so awesome.

Cool dream! :wacko: This song would work well as an opener, I think, and hopefully they haven't ditched it forever as it'd be a shame.

I really, really want to hear Ambulance and She's So High live. Or basically the whole Hyde Park 2009 set. My life won't be complete otherwise. :blank:

• 2 weeks later...