✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Blur Thread

sarah**

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

No, Friday. I think they'll play next Friday, too, as the last band on the main stage. I wonder if they'll show just highlights like they did with the Stone Roses this morning.

Caramel was fantastic and so was Sing and basically every other song. <3

I was crying a bit at Sing I dunno if that's pathetic or anything hahah :disappointed:

I'm glad Blur will be the last show of the night next week because I stayed up for the Stone Roses stream and Ian's singing was terrible! What a mood changer hahaha

Tame crowd was expected, and the band knew that. This is a market who doesn't know who Blur actually is aside from MAYBE "Song 2", with the hardcore fans being more of a cult than anything else. I spotted several of those cult pockets in the audience and they were definitely having a euphoric time, while Damon seemed to be most concerned with winning over a crowd who didn't know a damn thing about them. He seemed to succeed by the end of the night.

As for me, as an American resident, I'm happy I got to see them once in my life. I may never again get the opportunity again, but I didn't think I would get this opportunity in the first place.

And that "Tender" singalong was goddamn beautiful.

They were good. I got a feeling that Damon was not really into it until Tender. But they were really great afterwards :heart:

But still I think that Phoenix won this weekend. Definetely the best and most surprising set. I was sceptical about them being headliners in the first place, but they proved me wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/48hrs/article/1218473/last-orders-britpop-pioneers-blur-head-hong-kong-farewell-tour

While the shows are being billed as the Londoners' farewell tour, singer Damon Albarn is keeping fans guessing as to what the future holds for the influential four-piece.

[...]

Never one for giving a straight answer, Albarn initially insists these shows will be Blur's last ever, seemingly putting to rest any hope of the band making their 2009 reunion permanent. Then he adds with a knowing chuckle: "Then again, I've said that many times before."

While there are no more plans for Blur after these shows end in the autumn, typically, Albarn isn't spending the next couple of years idly reflecting on his legacy. He's just recorded a solo album, which he plans to take on the road next year, and is investing a lot of time in developing his Monkey opera for a run in New York, before taking it to the mainland.

So nothing new regarding Blur's future but I surely hope this isn't their swan song and if it is, they should post a proper statement about it like REM did. Anyway, in a radio interview, Dave said Blur will never stop existing and I choose to believe him. :P

As for Damon's solo album - there have been rumours and I guess it's finally confirmed! I wonder if he'll go on a UK tour only or play on the Continent, too...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DAMON SOLO ALBUM.

In fact, I want it more than I want a new Blur album; Blur have a legacy to ruin. If Damon's album isn't that great, it'll be shelved alongside Dr Dee and Democrazy.

And think how great the tour would be... he'd be able to stick in songs like Revolving Doors, Strange News from Another Star and Apple Carts, songs that he would otherwise never get a chance to perform.

• 2 weeks later...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC4GvHzZbhg]Damon Announced New Album in Hong Kong! - YouTube[/ame]

Damon said they are going to record a new record in Hong Kong :wtf: I have no idea what to make of this :laugh3:

Damon said they are going to record a new record in Hong Kong :wtf: I have no idea what to make of this :laugh3:

By record he may just mean a new song since recording a album in a week is kinda impossable.

• 3 weeks later...
Stone Roses, on the other hand, were a huge letdown.

They did a much better job the second weekend, shame there wasn't a chance for everyone to see it.

---

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/q-a-damon-albarn-on-the-future-of-blur-his-first-ever-solo-album-and-why-he-doesnt-hate-oasis-anymore-20130528

And he's definitely psyched about his first solo record, which he recently wrapped with XL Records boss Richard Russell.

Albarn plans to hit the road behind the LP, playing songs drawn from his entire career, including Blur and Gorillaz, for the first time. And a new Blur LP, which the band would record between festival gigs in Europe this summer, is a definite possibility. "We've got a couple of occasions when we're stuck in the middle of nowhere," he says. "So we might make the record in a week. If we can, it would be nice."

Nothing new here but it just shows that Blur isn't gonna be pushed aside quite yet.

And think how great the tour would be... he'd be able to stick in songs like Revolving Doors, Strange News from Another Star and Apple Carts, songs that he would otherwise never get a chance to perform.

Ahh, I'm really excited now, I was thinking he might just play some of his biggest hits like how Johnny Marr's been doing a few of the most famous Smiths songs along his solo songs, but yes, this could make for some very interesting setlists.

Nothing new here but it just shows that Blur isn't gonna be pushed aside quite yet.

Ahh, I'm really excited now, I was thinking he might just play some of his biggest hits like how Johnny Marr's been doing a few of the most famous Smiths songs along his solo songs, but yes, this could make for some very interesting setlists.

This is very exciting indeed! But how is he going to find time to do a solo tour AND a new Blur album and tour? He's going to be very busy! :laugh3:

If he plays some songs from "The Fall" that would be pretty awesome.

...man, I'm still speechless. Can't believe Blur is actually playing here, in Uruguay. Something I thought was a very delusional dream.

Especially here, in this small and intimate outdoor venue known as "Teatro de Verano". Already been to 5 gigs there, and there's always something special happening at that place.

6777178.jpg

Knowing that "Primavera 0" is not a proper music festival, which it means that there is not a large group of bands, nor any multiple stages, Blur will take this as a show of their own (with the usual support band). Hopefully they'll play an extended setlist (and, maybe add a couple of more Think Tank songs).