Elbow

SuchARush

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Album version of Neat Little Rows > Single version of Neat Little Rows

:smug:

Agreed, but then again, album versions of most songs > single edits of most songs.

Also, I probably prefer at least half of the album to Neat Little Rows. It's a good song, but it also feels like Elbow trying to squeeze in a single-ready song that doesn't stray too far from their style but also conflicts with the beauty of the rest of the album.

So I've had a few days for the album to sink in, and it seems like one of those albums that I'm going to go back to when I need some lovely ambiance that I can hum to when I'm working or something like that (most Elbow albums are like that for me, except maybe TSSK, which was grander in terms of sound).

While I don't really think that was Elbow's intent as far as "Neat Little Rows" is concerned, I will agree in the sense that I like a lot of the other songs on the album more. It has a lot to do with what you said about the beauty of the album as a whole. "Neat Little Rows" is good, but it doesn't quite fit with the rest of the album in terms of feel.