✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Picnic At The Park' - post-concert Coldplayer Meet Up - RUSSELL SQUARE, LONDON (20 SEPT 2009 @ 1PM)

UPDATE: 17TH SEPTEMBER 2009

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=530250&y=182250&z=110&sv=530250,182250&st=4&ar=y&searchp=ids.srf&lm=0

Here's another one:

?geoh=530114&geov=181965&width=429&height=429&zoom=5

I think it's very close to the tube station (on the Piccadilly line )

It looks like..." If wet, in the British Museum! " :)

Tube map:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/standard-tube-map.gif

Plannned engineering works on Sunday, not involving the Russell Square area.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/by-date.aspx?offset=4

The Jubilee line around Wembley for those with hotels in that area is suspended but there are other lines to come in on. You just might have to change lines a bit more or take the scenic route on the replacement bus, but it's all good!! You get Jaffa Cakes and Cornish chocolate chip cookies at the end!! :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone :)

Some people have been discussing a coldplaying.com meet up on Sept. 20th, 2009 (Sunday) somewhere in one of London's various parks in one of the Wembley threads already.

We thought it was fun to meet up after the concerts and maybe have more time to get to know each other and talk about the previous concerts, as most of us probably queue up on different sides of the stadium due to general admission/seating tickets.

We know that not everyone will be able to participate due to early departure times on that day aso. but we reckon that most (overseas) visitors will probably stay in London on Sunday as well. :)

Nothing is settled yet, we haven't decided on a park, nor a time, nor what to bring along (of course Jaffa Cakes :D ).

That's why I opened up this thread to point out to everyone that there's a meeting planned and not to spam the actual Wembley threads with it.

So who of you would be interested in coming along. Which park should we choose (Regents Park, Hyde Park?!??), what time would you suggest.

Food for thought and let's start to discuss :)

I will bring Jaffa Cakes from here and we have Rasberry & Cassis ones which are extremely yummy :D

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have been discussing a coldplaying.com meet up on Sept. 20th, 2009 (Sunday) somewhere in one of London's various parks in one of the Wembley threads already.

We thought it was fun to meet up after the concerts and maybe have more time to get to know each other and talk about the previous concerts, as most of us probably queue up on different sides of the stadium due to general admission/seating tickets.

We know that not everyone will be able to participate due to early departure times on that day aso. but we reckon that most (overseas) visitors will probably stay in London on Sunday as well. :)

Nothing is settled yet, we haven't decided on a park, nor a time, nor what to bring along (of course Jaffa Cakes :D ).

That's why I opened up this thread to point out to everyone that there's a meeting planned and not to spam the actual Wembley threads with it.

So who of you would be interested in coming along. Which park should we choose (Regents Park, Hyde Park?!??), what time would you suggest.

I would certainly try to make it if something was organised.;)

Food for thought and let's start to discuss :)

Good idea, although I prefer food for eating, personally!!:P

I will bring Jaffa Cakes from here and we have Rasberry & Cassis ones which are extremely yummy :D

And presumably you will be bringing several varieties of German sausage too!!:rolleyes:

I would certainly try to make it if something was organised.;)

I guess best would be not to get too organised but make it an 'open' meet up for everyone interested in coming along.

Just fixing a time and a place and whoever comes round is welcome :)

Food for thought and let's start to discuss

Good idea, although I prefer food for eating, personally!!:P

So what will you bring along then ;)

And presumably you will be bringing several varieties of German sausage too!!:rolleyes:

Haha ... nah ... they wouldn't last until Sunday as I don't have a fridge in my hotel room ;)

But if you have a certain request for german food which hasn't to be stored in a cool place I will bring something along for you :p

Yeah why not! I'll bring, well, ummm...... I have no idea.

I'd say Regent's Park, as its the same distance basically from the stadium as Hyde and people are more likely to know where to find us 'cos its smaller.

it should definately be a Coldplayer meetup rather than a Coldplaying meet up - might attract one or two new people :D

Edited the topic line already ;)

And yep, you're right :)

Hopefully we can spread the word closer to the date via Twitter and other people will come along too :)

Hopefully it won't end up in a huge tumoil :laugh3:

she'll bring her! she's also just said that the concerts will be finished by 10.30 so there may also be a meetup straight after in the pub :D

erm no I didn't. I said the LCCC will be finished by 10:30 because of curfew. I have no idea about Wembley :P

the stadiums in UK have curfews? :inquisitive:

don't think i can make it, but i'll try to drop by if time permits...no idea what i'll bring tho.

LCCC does because the neighbours don't like having music concerts in a cricket ground. has to have a curfew to get the live music licence from the council.

I can kinda see their point. They're currently going through 5 nights of Take That, plus they had a very long soundcheck on the first day too.

I am in London til 23rd so I should be able to make it. I will be moving back into a hotel that day and would prefer a time frame sometime after 1pm if possible. I think Mel and Lori are both leaving kinda early that day. :\

As for the park, we not only need to choose one, but also a particular place to meet. Some of the parks a quite huge you know. :P We need to choose one that will easy for everyone to find and access.

Green Park is good because the buses and the Underground both stop on the same side of the park and it's pretty easy to find. If we all meet at the entrance across from the Green Park underground stop, then we could start walking toward the Palace and find a place in the park to set up camp. Green is not all that huge so even if some people got there late, they could probably still find us.

Hyde Park, I would avoid the Speaker's Corner end on a Sunday, unless we all want to argue with people. :P I would suggest Lancaster Gate entrance. There is a huge set of fountains just inside at that entry and we could meet there. I know tube service is available there, I'll have to check on what buses stop there.

Regent's Park I would suggest using the Baker Street tube station. Buses also stop there. It's block or so walk to the park, but pretty easy to find. From the tube station walk toward Madame Tussauds until you get to York Gate street and turn left. The park is straight ahead and once inside, to the left is a lovely pond. We could meet there.

As for as what to bring. I say BYOF: Bring Your Own Food. :lol:

For Regents Park, there are several shops at Baker Street station that sell sandwiches and stuff. Hyde Park, not much at the Lancaster Gate entry, so bring something with you. Green Park, there are some places to get stuff on the way in.

All 3 meeting areas I suggested also have public restrooms close to that part of the park.

Thanks for all the useful information, Angie :)

I guess the majority should decide where to meet up. I have been to Hyde Park before but not to the other two so therefore I don't really know the location and how crowded it will be on a Sunday (depends on the weather as well).

Anything will be fine with me :)