✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

'Picnic At The Park' - post-concert Coldplayer Meet Up - RUSSELL SQUARE, LONDON (20 SEPT 2009 @ 1PM)

My friend and I will come to wherever it is but we will have to catch a train back to Cornwall (from Paddington station!! ) just before 5 o'clock so an early/mid afternoon start would be great.

I'm sorry but I hate Jaffa cakes but i'll bring some Cornish goodies!! :)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My other suggestion would be Russell Square.

52russellsquare.jpg

Is located near University Collage London, so has a Coldplay related theme.

It's lovely. :nice:

Small, so locating each other easy.

Easily accessible by both tube and buses.

Easy to find.

Has a cafe in the park, plus many places near by to purchase food/drink.

If weather goes south, we can walk to British Museum just around the corner.

Considering all listed above, it would be an ideal variant! I always dreamed to see University College London :rolleyes:

Russell Square might be a good idea. It is much smaller than Regent's Park and easy to access by bus and tube. If we need something to eat and drink more or in case of rain, there are plenty of pubs and restaurants near there. Brunswick Centre near the tube station has a lot of shops including Waitrose? or M&S? if we need more. So what do you say?

• 3 weeks later...

I am TOTALLY interested, yet I have no idea whether or not I can go yet, so I voted "no" :sad:. It all depends what's going on back at uni that day in terms of orientation...because it's a Sunday, I tend to say "oh, there won't be much going on, I can totally stay in London during the day," but because it's the day before the first day of classes, I figure there'll be something going on I have to be there for (and I might already get my head chopped off for playing hooky on Saturday for the show, so I might have to save face by attending whatever mundane things are on for Sunday :rolleyes:)

[/long explanation]

If help is needed with organization etc, however, I could definitely lend a hand...I'll just then be SUPER sad if I can't make it :P.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my timetable for uni and it looks like I don't have classes on Mondays, so if there's nothing that pressing going on back at uni on Sunday, I'm going to try my damndest to get to this! Like I say, though, I might have to miss it just to save face with my program coordinator :sad:.

I think what someone said earlier about proximity to the Wembley area is a good point, but using the Tube etc, it's really not hard to get to Russell Square that Angie suggested...

I'm going to be in London for a month before this gig, so I'll try to scope out some other places if we feel we need more options :smiley:.

I got my timetable for uni and it looks like I don't have classes on Mondays, so if there's nothing that pressing going on back at uni on Sunday, I'm going to try my damndest to get to this! Like I say, though, I might have to miss it just to save face with my program coordinator :sad:.

I think what someone said earlier about proximity to the Wembley area is a good point, but using the Tube etc, it's really not hard to get to Russell Square that Angie suggested...

I'm going to be in London for a month before this gig, so I'll try to scope out some other places if we feel we need more options :smiley:.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Means no more worrying about whether or not you can come to the concert as well??

I read it as that, so --> :dance: :dance: :dance:

:hug:

Haha, well not NO more worrying, no, but I'm more confident than I was before. My registration appointment (the most important thing of orientation) is scheduled for that Friday, so my Saturday *appears* like it'll be less vital for now, but I don't know exactly what IS scheduled for Saturday. All I know is that the most important thing will be out of the way (because I basically COULDN'T miss that). As long as there's nothing else absolutely vital that Saturday, I'm playing hooky, so I'm likw 90% sure I'm going, I guess. I just hope I'm not brutally punished for it later :P.

don't think you need to worry too much about Saturday. i think the important orientation stuff generally only really happen between Mon-Fri & wk/ends would be more to socials, if any.

i just got my timetable for freshers' week (mine only starts on 28th Sep) & it looks like i've only got a lot of running around for registrations stuff & info sessions on the wk/days.

Unfortunately, not at my uni. Classes start that Monday, so all orientation has to be done before then, i.e., that weekend. I'm not saying every second of that weekend will necessarily be scheduled, but I wonder what I'll be missing and how vital it is, because something will definitely be going on.

Anyway, my mindset is I'M 90% SURE I'M PLAYING HOOKY, so things look good for the concert, though probably not the pre- and post- meet-ups.

Unfortunately, not at my uni. Classes start that Monday, so all orientation has to be done before then, i.e., that weekend. I'm not saying every second of that weekend will necessarily be scheduled, but I wonder what I'll be missing and how vital it is, because something will definitely be going on.

Anyway, my mindset is I'M 90% SURE I'M PLAYING HOOKY, so things look good for the concert, though probably not the pre- and post- meet-ups.

*lol* i like your attitude!!! :lol:

anyway, got my timetable for Freshers' Week from my faculty & will need to retract my statement about how much time i have to slack off. i now have a full on schedule cos of a crash course i'm expected to attend which will be capped off by an evaluation test. oh, joy. :\

• 2 weeks later...