✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Chris Martin Quotes

TyM218

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the quotes, Chris is so hilarious... I think out of all bands, singers, and actors, I don't enjoy watching anyone get interviewed as much as I enjoy Coldplay interviews. In large part thanks to Chris' amazing sense of humor, but when it's all four of them together it's even better.

I'll leave some quotes here from one of their latest interviews for Latin America, in Boomerang. It was quite a hilarious interview. The whole thing but here are some Chris quotes:

-At first when they are introducing themselves:

Jonny: Hi I'm Jonny...

Chris: Are you?

Jonny: Yeah

Chris: Hi, I'm Chris. Nice to meet you

Jonny: Hi! Nice to meet you

Chris: And we are on Coldplay All Access Boomerang... We are on Acess All Boomerangs.

Jonny: On Boombox

Chris: In Coldplay... No, that was wrong.... (starts again) Hi, I'm Chris

Jonny: And I'm Boombox

Chris: And I'm Coldplay, and we're Jonny.

LOL

Chris: Just because we're not speaking doesn't mean we're not clever.

(talking about how they get inspiration)

Jonny: ... We bring in lots of books, and show each other different stuff, different films...

Chris: We go on trips... We are like any other office in the world. You know we have outings -- do they have that in offices? I'm really basing this on the TV show The Office.

Chris: Our God is our drummer... Am I gonna get in trouble for that with the Catholic Church?

Then there was this really funny part where he tried to make a point by using squirrels as a metaphor. Jonny also had some GREAT moments in this interview!

• 4 weeks later...

lol i know this threads been buried a long time, but i had to search for it cause I was in the mood for some Chris witicisms...lol, here's kind of a funny one I remembered from last summer when they were in St. Louis here...

Fan: I love you!!

Chris: *starts "The Hardest Part", then messes up and laughs and pauses* I'm sorry, that sometimes happens, but some very large man just told me he loves me and I'm a little nervous...

or something along those lines, I don't believe its verbatim...it was funny tho, cause he sounded so giggly when he said it lol..

• 3 months later...
Fan: Hi guys, I'm Jen.

Chris: Hi Jen, "Hi Jen", that sounds a bit like hygiene, are you clean?

K/B: She smells very nice yes.

Fan: Thank you. My favorite thing about you guys is how humble you are. How do you stay grounded?

Chris: Because we're brillant. That's how we stay grounded....... I don't wanna be the only one talking , but everyone else's still waking up! Jonny, how do you stay grounded?

Jonny: Uhhh... I dunno.

Chris: See? It's like getting blood out of a stone at this time in the morning.

K/B: Can you tell the difference from place to place in the audience? Is there a certain part of the world that's different than..... here, different than England?

Chris: I mean, France is different y'know.

[silence, people start laughing]

K/B: Because?

Chris: Over here they go "Yeah!" over there they go "Oui!" That may can tell.

Jonathan Ross: Okay so when you were a young band when you guys first got together... how long have you been together now as a band?

Chris: 74 years.

Jonathan Ross: So how many copies? It's called X&Y how many?

Chris: 46.

Jonathan Ross: 46 copies so far and counting.

Chris: So far.

Jonathan Ross: No.

Chris: And five of them got returned to Woolworths.

Chris: This is the part of the concert where everyone can just nuzzle back with their girlfriend and eat popcorn. If you haven't got a girlfriend, just eat your popcorn. If you haven't got any popcorn, just eat someone's girlfriend....'s popcorn.

Chris: Each of us had very, very strict parents who would lock us in our rooms until we learnt a new chord. Will's parents were particulary harsh. He was not allowed food until he could learn a new Beatles song every day.

*Will looks serious*

Chris: That's why he's so depressed.

Chris: At the same time I was feeling like a bit of a failure

Interviewer: How can you be a failure after selling more than 20 million records?

Chris: Well y'know alot of people voted for Hilter.

Chris: I'm pretty sure that me and Guy would have an equal match (fistfighting) but I would never even approach Will with my hands raised. It's very good to be scared of your drummer, actually.

OMG:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::dead: this just made my entire week:laugh3: Chris is so witty and funny:heart:

• 1 month later...

I got lot favorits quotes :D ^^ :awesome:

If you get a permanent marker and you draw six squares on your tummy, it gives you an abdomen. From a distance, the girls will be impressed, letme tell you that from experience"

"Please eat more chocolate and please listen to more Coldplay" - Well.. If you say so..

"I'm not a rockstar. I don't wear the right pants for that!"

"Chris Martin: Buy one, get one free — it comes from working in Kwik Save,

...Interviewer: Did you really used to work in Kwik Save, Chris?

Chris Martin : I did, yeah. But after a while, they said to me, ‘Listen Chris, I know X&Y wasn’t very good, but really, you don’t have to keep coming to work here...’ ”

"Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life. Coldplay's for people who know what life's about. They're always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They're generally just the world's best citizens. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right," :D

During an acceptance speech:

Now this is a little like a wedding speech for us because everyone here is basically friends with us or they slag us off in the daily mirror, so, either of the two is fine.

(Referring to the rest of the band) They don't speak so much because they're more brains than sheer enthusiasm which is my whole role. (Turns to guy) Do you wanna say anything Guy?

Guy: Not really.

I unfortunately have so much to say that you're gonna be bored outta your pants which if you're Girls Aloud is a good thing.

(when saying thank you) Vampire Weekend to whom we got inspiration for this album ironically and uhhh- not ironically just pure truthfully, there's no irony in it, I've never understood irony, what the fuck's irony? Who knows.

Thanks for all the quotes, Chris is so hilarious... I think out of all bands, singers, and actors, I don't enjoy watching anyone get interviewed as much as I enjoy Coldplay interviews. In large part thanks to Chris' amazing sense of humor, but when it's all four of them together it's even better.

I'll leave some quotes here from one of their latest interviews for Latin America, in Boomerang. It was quite a hilarious interview. The whole thing but here are some Chris quotes:

-At first when they are introducing themselves:

Jonny: Hi I'm Jonny...

Chris: Are you?

Jonny: Yeah

Chris: Hi, I'm Chris. Nice to meet you

Jonny: Hi! Nice to meet you

Chris: And we are on Coldplay All Access Boomerang... We are on Acess All Boomerangs.

Jonny: On Boombox

Chris: In Coldplay... No, that was wrong.... (starts again) Hi, I'm Chris

Jonny: And I'm Boombox

Chris: And I'm Coldplay, and we're Jonny.

LOL

Chris: Just because we're not speaking doesn't mean we're not clever.

(talking about how they get inspiration)

Jonny: ... We bring in lots of books, and show each other different stuff, different films...

Chris: We go on trips... We are like any other office in the world. You know we have outings -- do they have that in offices? I'm really basing this on the TV show The Office.

Chris: Our God is our drummer... Am I gonna get in trouble for that with the Catholic Church?

Then there was this really funny part where he tried to make a point by using squirrels as a metaphor. Jonny also had some GREAT moments in this interview!

LOL :lol:. They're so funny :D

• 2 months later...

"Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life. Coldplay's for people who know what life's about. They're always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They're generally just the world's best citizens. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right." - Chris Martin

Can ayone tell me where this quote is from It's everywhere and I want to read/watch the intereview he said this in ?

"Coldplay is for people with great taste, intelligence, incredible good lookingness, talent, ability, success, grabbing of life. Coldplay's for people who know what life's about. They're always entertaining. Delightful to talk to. Sweet, charming, incredibly good in bed. Virile. They have incredible success with girls, or boys, or both. They're generally just the world's best citizens. Maybe I'm biased, but I'm definitely right." - Chris Martin

Can ayone tell me where this quote is from It's everywhere and I want to read/watch the intereview he said this in ?

That's from one of my favourite interviews!

Enough Rope, Multimedia thread here:

2006-07-03 Chris Martin on Enough Rope [AUDIO & MP4 VIDEO]

• 9 months later...