✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flo sang a duet with Elton John at his oscar after party for his foundation

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpWsTRULF6o]YouTube - Elton John Florence and the Machine Duet oscars Tiny Dancer[/ame]

<3

• 2 weeks later...

OMG So I just finished playing Dragon Age 2... I was all emotional at the end because I didnt want the game to finish... Then the credits rolled in with Florence and the Machine's 'I'm Not Calling You a Liar'! It's a really epic version though. Dunno if you guys have heard it, but it's PERFECTION!

EDIT: Found it on youtube! :bomb:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1can-MLmWdA]YouTube - I'm Not Calling You A Liar - Dragon Age 2 Soundtrack[/ame]

Too much epic.

• 3 weeks later...

Florence + the Machine has been nominated for the Time 100 Poll! It's basically this annual thing where Time magazine gets a hundred of the most influential people and feature them in a future issue. Those people include scientists, politicians, artists, athletes, humanitarians, etc. I don't know if it's all voted by readers, if Time picks them, or if it's a combination of both, though. :thinking:

You can go here to vote for her/them, if you wish. :nice:

Here's Time's little blurb on FATM on that page:

Though the flaming-haired Brit's debut album came out way back in 2009, Florence Welch's songs (she records with a backing band as Florence and the Machine) truly found their audience in 2010. Between her visually stunning performance of the rousing "Dog Days Are Over" at the MTV Video Music Awards and her appearances at both the Grammys and the Oscars, Welch is one of pop music's most unique and flamboyant singers.

If that's the case, then why are they bringing The Machine into this? I mean, I know musically that The Machine is a HUGE part of everything, but if you're going to do what Time is doing, say that it's Florence Welch, not Florence + the Machine. Contrary to what some might think, they're NOT the same thing.

I love the:

Though the flaming-haired Brit's debut album came out way back in 2009, Florence Welch's songs (she records with a backing band as Florence and the Machine) truly found their audience in 2010.

...euh... IN AMERICA!! :lol: Flo was huge in Europe and mostly England already in 2008...XD

To me, it seems like they're leaning more towards Florence as an individual.

Yeah, but F+tM has a bastard status...it's not really a band...it's the recording/touring name of a singer...so it's not shocking me they pointed Flo out more than the others...

No, because Florence herself refers to her band members as "The Machine." They're a completely different entity. Also, temporary or not, it's still a band; it counts.

At any rate, the last bit of your comment confuses me. Exactly what point are you trying to make?

No, because Florence herself refers to her band members as "The Machine." They're a completely different entity. Also, temporary or not, it's still a band; it counts.

we agree :) I just said I understood why they were pointing Flo more than the others, even if they were putting 'F+tM' on the poll.

At any rate, the last bit of your comment confuses me. Exactly what point are you trying to make?

See above ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Flo is in Abbey road studios at the moment...working hard as you can see below XD

http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg620/scaled.php?tn=0&server=620&filename=453wo.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Here's Paul Epworth (producer) update on the recording (via twitter)

Day 3 of abbey road. Sounding immense. 5 backing tracks done, some add prod and some great performances. Need to drop 3 today too..

sounds gooooood :smug:

• 1 month later...

BUMP

More album news!!!

Florence And The Machine's new album is going to be a lot "heavier" than her 2009 debut 'Lungs', according to producer Paul Epworth.

Speaking to BBC 6Music, Epworth, who is working on the album with Florence Welch in London's Abbey Road Studios, also said that the singer's second album would be done by "the end of July".

He said of the way the new album is sounding: "It's going to be more stripped down, but it's heavy, rhymically. It's a much heavier record than the first album."

Epworth added that he believed Welch was moving away from her indie roots into different territories. He said: "It's a lot less indie and lot more soulful."

The producer also indicated that there were 16 songs up for inclusion on the album, but that this would be whittled to fewer than that by the time it comes to be released.

http://www.nme.com/news/florence-and-the-machine/57189

:dance: