✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

Well, I don't understand how you can not know where you are... :inquisitive: I mean, if you're standing, not matter where, you know what to expect, but when seated, the website shows where you're seats are before paiement...does it's not like that in the US?

That's the thing - I don't know if I'm sitting or standing, and I won't know until I get my ticket. The standing section is the small GA pit up front. The seated areas are all behind that.

I found myself humming "Hardest of Hearts" this morning. Any opinions on what Florence's best non-Lungs song is?

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing - I don't know if I'm sitting or standing, and I won't know until I get my ticket. The standing section is the small GA pit up front. The seated areas are all behind that.

:stunned: but a seated tix and a standing is not the same price so how can you not know what you bought?! Or if the arena is "free" seating, then it's you who choose to stand or seat and it's not written on the ticket ^^ So how was it "free" seated on the description?!

I found myself humming "Hardest of Hearts" this morning. Any opinions on what Florence's best non-Lungs song is?

I love them all, but my favorite are: swimming, falling and bird song intro.

:stunned: but a seated tix and a standing is not the same price so how can you not know what you bought?! Or if the arena is "free" seating, then it's you who choose to stand or seat and it's not written on the ticket ^^ So how was it "free" seated on the description?!

In this case, seating and standing ARE the same price. Every ticket for this venue cost the same, no matter how good or bad the seat is. It's not usually that way for most venues in the U.S., but this is an example of an exception. I know, weird, but just trust me on this one. Here is a snippet of their e-mail:

In the Los Angeles Greek Theater, your seat will be either in the GA Pit or front of Section A. Your seating for this concert will be assigned by the theater, and you will receive your specific seat when you pick up your ticket at the will call on the day of the show.

But enough about my mysterious seating details. :laugh3: "Swimming" is definitely another favorite of mine. :)

FLO @Daze TV Party. The vid is in two parts:

-first one is questions asked to her by her BF Stuart Hammond who is hosting the thing

-second she covers "I heard it through the grapevine" (Marvin Gaye) and it's <3333

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_4VxVHlhqM]YouTube - Florence + the Machine at Dazed TV Party[/ame]

They never dedicate too much time to musical performances at the Oscars, and the other three nominated songs were also held brief (and yet they let Natalie Portman ramble for 5 minutes in her acceptance speech :rolleyes:). Still, a lovely performance. :heart:

Oh, and there's also this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUkq54Jq58Q]YouTube - Oscars 2011: Florence and the Machine & Mandy Moore[/ame]

"You're performing If I Rise, another one of your songs." :facepalm: Not her song, dude.

I had to YouTube what you were talking about, but I agree with you. I definitely get similar vibes on both tracks.

I LOVE the ending credits of The return of the King...Alan Lee's drawing of the characters+ this beautiful song+ knowing the story is at an end... I cry everytime! :bigcry: "May it be" by Enya was beautiful too but it not as "sad" as into the west.

Flo's singing was gorgeous last night. It's a shame that the performances are fairly short, though.

+100000000000000000

Here the full version with Dido, it has different feeling from Flo's version... less melancholic.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE3KA7DdhQQ]YouTube - If I Rise - Dido & A. R. Rahman (From the movie "127 Hours")[/ame]

Is it obvious to say I prefer Flo's one :rolleyes:

I LOVE the ending credits of The return of the King...Alan Lee's drawing of the characters+ this beautiful song+ knowing the story is at an end... I cry everytime! :bigcry: "May it be" by Enya was beautiful too but it not as "sad" as into the west.

This! It was a wonderful idea to include the drawings.

I also love the scene when Gandalf tells Pippin about how death is just another journey and Into the West plays in the background. :bigcry:

I'm gonna check out Dido's version. She and A.R. Rahman made a music video of it recently too. :escaping:

...Wait, if it's originally done by Dido, then why did they have Florence do it? I'm highly confused. :confused:

Dido is pregnant, so she wasn't able to perform.

Dido wrote, "Me and my husband Rohan are expecting a baby and we're beyond happy and excited about it. So as some of you already know, I won't be able to travel to LA for the Oscars ceremony to perform 'If I rise'. Obviously I'm really gutted about not being there – going to the Oscars has literally been a dream of mine since I was about 9 - but I'm absolutely thrilled that the wonderful Florence Welch has agreed to step in and sing the song . . . "

source.

She deserves it, man. She's a fantastic singer and a gorgeous woman.

And you know what?

She may very well be my girl crush.

But that's OK, because I know I'm completely straight and have ridiculous crushes on people like Chris Wolstenholme and Guy Garvey.

Right? :uhoh: