✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

Flo's performance at the Grammy's!! Here the all tribute (she's doing back up vocals all along) but her solo is at 4min25

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v-SYKJC80c]YouTube - 2011 Grammy Performacne - Aretha Franklin Tribute (Aguilera, McBride, Hudson, Adams, and Welsh)[/ame]

She did good despite the fact I don't think the song fitted her that well... And her voice sonded kinda like different from usual...

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florence carried all four of those girls last night. :smug:

:lol: :rolleyes:

And she litterally carried Aguilera when she fell out when leaving XD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0ev7O50VuE]YouTube - GRAMMY 2011- CHRISTINA AGUILERA FALLS[/ame]

:laugh3:

Does anyone know WHO is this Esperanza Spalding?? Never heard of her :inquisitive:

The only thing I know about Esperanza Spalding is that Obama likes her music. I doubt that's a big enough endorsement for Grammy voters (at least, I hope it isn't), and people are calling this as big of an upset as The Suburbs' win for Album of the Year.

Flo's performance made the lengthy tribute a whole lot more bearable, and Grammy or not, we still love her and her dress. I went stalking at Staples Center with a few buddies yesterday, and though we spotted a few stars, they were limited and sadly Flo was not one of them. (No, instead we got mowed down by crazy teenage girls crowding around the truck carrying Lady Gaga in her egg thing. Oh well, at least now I can say I saw Gaga in person without actually having to see her perform. :laugh3:)

NORTH AMERICAN TOUR IN JUNE. OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.

Combined with the Grammy stalking, The Suburbs winning, and the new Radiohead album news, this is the best past 24 hours of my life.

She's still touring??? :stunned: Hey, ho Flo, stop touring and make a new album :whip:

I don't know how she can take it, it's been more than 3 years she's been touring Lungs! She must be so sick of it?!! (I would at her place XD)

Anyway, have fun and go with the Floooooo...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7s6ESdFHdQ]YouTube - Florence getting groovy to Beyonce[/ame]

:D

Yeah, even though she's taking half a year off from touring (which is like...hardly any time at all if you think about it), she's still making plenty of TV appearances and undoubtedly recording for her new album. This probably means we'll be hearing some new songs, though, especially since she commented about playing some new stuff when she opens for U2.

There's currently an exclusive pre-sale for a few of the dates, but they're super-expensive (way more than Ticketmaster prices) and all you get as a bonus is an exclusive poster. But I'm stupidly in love with the woman and took the plunge. :facepalm: That and I wanted to avoid the Ticketmaster headaches. :P

I think you made a smart move to buy at the pre-sale actually! Tickets for Flo are really hard to get (not in France) but for her show in London, the pre-sale was sold out the minute it was opened (thx to some bug from Ticketmaster and co)... INSANE!! So I manage to get cheap tix on gigantours but we where way up on the upper gallery and we ended up in the stairs of the venue... :dozey: The tickets were sold in less an hour!

I don't remember, is this the first time you're seeing her?? In any case, you'll have a blast :awesome: Please bring out some pics for your fellow flobsessed XD

Yeah, the ticket confirmation didn't specify what type of seating it was, but I'm hoping for GA. The GA pit at this venue is actually very tiny, but the place is really pretty and has a lovely forest-like setting.

And it shall be my second time seeing her. The first time was what turned me from "loyal fan" into "hardcore obsessed fanboy". :lol:

EDIT: Second LA date announced already? That was quick. Hmm...dare I go for both nights? I'll give it some thought.

EDIT: Second LA date announced already? That was quick. Hmm...dare I go for both nights? I'll give it some thought.

If you're not broke, I would say go with the Flo.... :rolleyes:

Flo on the Grammy's red carpet

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Sk4DTuMB8]YouTube - Grammys 2011: Florence and The Machine[/ame]

Oh snap, Ticketmaster just removed the listing for the second LA show! :stunned: I have a feeling I saw something I wasn't supposed to see! :laugh3:

I assume they'll throw it back up once the first night sells out, which it obviously will very quickly.

BTW, today's spontaneous pre-sale sold out a few hours ago, which makes me feel a lot better about my impulsive purchase.

Perez Hilton said today on his site that Flo will be touring the US this summmer (giving the 'source', take that with a pinch of salt).

But this means no european festivals this summer :bigcry: I was hoping to catch her...oh well, I guess the rest of the world have the right to have her, but still, it's been a year since she has been in Europe...! But another tour....how will she hold it up at this rythm!!

--edit---------

Found this, it's the american writer music association:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=2755073&search_in=c&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=25&start=1

Flo's full name is Florence Léontine Mary :lol: Léontine is such an old fashion name! Very common in the 1900-1920 years but not anymore...suits her well though!

FLORENCE RECORD THE ALBUM IN APRIL/MAY IN ABBEY ROAD :awesome:

tumblr_lgs0f2kX2p1qcn42ao1_400.gif

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a304530/florence-and-the-machine-record-new-lp.html

+ here ITV of Rob (guitar player)

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/rob-ackroyd-0217-2011/

I'm going in London at the end of April... I think I'll squeeze a little Abbey Road trip :D

Good Luck my american friends!!

A vid that I had never seen!! Florence singing with White Lies (back in 2009), she's singing on the second song (mid vid):

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz7a4sHMo64]YouTube - White Lies feat. Florence : NME Awards Tour Brixton Academy : 21.2.09[/ame]

Curses, I was right about Night 2 being announced in LA, but I didn't expect them to go on sale immediately as Night 1 sold out and without any prior notice. Guess I'll have to live with only seeing her on the first night. She's playing Bonnaroo, but I have a sliver of hope she ends up playing Lollapalooza, as I already have travel plans for that. Then again, she's already playing Chicago in June and you have that whole business about festival proximity clauses, so I don't have high hopes for that.

But seeing how quickly the LA show sold out, I am now extremely glad I pounced on that presale, even if it was way more expensive. Their e-mail response to me says I'm guaranteed either GA or a spot in the very front seated section, but I won't find out until the day of the show. Arrgh, the massive suspense! :bomb:

Hope the rest of you U.S. fans were able to get tickets!

Their e-mail response to me says I'm guaranteed either GA or a spot in the very front seated section, but I won't find out until the day of the show. Arrgh, the massive suspense! :bomb:

What?!! You don't know where you're seated?!!! :inquisitive:

how the hell does Central Park GA admission sell out in 1 friggin minute?? i swear i would love to take out a full page ad in the NY Times with an open letter to Ticketmaster telling them that this is bull doody!! first LCD sells out MSG in 2 minutes, florence sells out Terminal 5 in 2 minues glee sell out, now this, I fear for when the boys tour, im so stinkin mad

What?!! You don't know where you're seated?!!! :inquisitive:

Yeah. Pretty dumb. :rolleyes:

I mean, apparently I'm guaranteed a close view, but I can't say I won't be extremely disappointed if I'm not in GA.

how the hell does Central Park GA admission sell out in 1 friggin minute?? i swear i would love to take out a full page ad in the NY Times with an open letter to Ticketmaster telling them that this is bull doody!! first LCD sells out MSG in 2 minutes, florence sells out Terminal 5 in 2 minues glee sell out, now this, I fear for when the boys tour, im so stinkin mad

She's exploded in popularity here, but yes, Ticketmaster's handling of these things is often bull, and then you have the tickets that are handed out to scalping organizations, thereby reducing the pool even further. Really sorry about that. I like when artists handle sales through their own websites and such as to spare their fans Ticketmaster's methods, as my experience with TM is rarely a positive one.

By "the boys", I assume you mean Coldplay, and they can probably alleviate things GA-wise if they make more space GA rather than dedicating a small section of the floor to the pit and having most of the floor seated like they did last tour. I wasn't a fan of my Coldplay floor-seated experience.

Yeah. Pretty dumb. :rolleyes:

I mean, apparently I'm guaranteed a close view, but I can't say I won't be extremely disappointed if I'm not in GA.

Well, I don't understand how you can not know where you are... :inquisitive: I mean, if you're standing, not matter where, you know what to expect, but when seated, the website shows where you're seats are before paiement...does it's not like that in the US?

She's exploded in popularity here, but yes, Ticketmaster's handling of these things is often bull, and then you have the tickets that are handed out to scalping organizations, thereby reducing the pool even further. Really sorry about that. I like when artists handle sales through their own websites and such as to spare their fans Ticketmaster's methods, as my experience with TM is rarely a positive one.

It's what happen for the Hammersmith shows....Ticketmaster is HELL!!! I don't understand how a show can be sold out the minute the sell is open?!!