✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ginger goddess strikes again. Oh, Flo, you. <3

HELL YES!!!

I always thought she looked like one of those women in those Pre-Raphaelite paintings, but now she looks like she just stepped out from a Rossetti painting!

She looks more of lady from the 1910-1920's

465px-1912bon2-3.jpg

I absolutely ADORE this period in fashion, so to see her dress up like that is a personnal heaven :awesome:

Yeah, I love the fashion of the 20s, too. She suits that flapper look very much! It's just that in some instances in that video, she looks a lot like the women in those paintings! :awesome:

+1 the hair looks sometimes like Rossetti painting :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

I predict the second half will be stronger than the first, as it seems like aside from WTWGM, they threw all the radio-friendly poppy tracks up front. "Only If for a Night" and "Never Let Me Go" already sound single-suitable from the 30 or 60 seconds I've heard of each, though if they're anything like "Shake It Out", they'll still be good songs.

Samples that short are, of course, poor indicators, but the tracks from "No Light, No Light" onward sound grander and darker. I can already tell "Spectrum" will be one of my favorites.

Yeah, but the good news is that the album will be out shortly, and should leak before the 31st. (hint hint...today's my birthday...leak today plz)

I keep hyping up "Spectrum" even though I've only heard 30 seconds, and I think I'm just gonna declare it as Song of the Year right now. I hope I'm totally right.

Flo played a gig in NY and here some songs live. They all sound massiv!

Never let me go

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ejMvICSaA]Florence + the Machine - Never Let Me Go (Live at The Creators' Project in Brooklyn) - YouTube[/ame]

Spectrum

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG7qyBfVVi4]Florence + the Machine - Spectrum (Live at The Creators' Project in Brooklyn) - YouTube[/ame]

Heartlines

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYdBoFuAzvA]Florence & The Machine: Heartlines (Live At The Creators Project Brooklyn) - YouTube[/ame]

Only if for one night

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcz0SstWqX4]Florence & The Machine: Only If For A Night (Live at The Creators Project Brooklyn) - YouTube[/ame]

I love them all but my tw favorites are Only if and never let me go.

^ You should be thankful you haven't heard that song. "Up in Flames" is a mess. (Of course, I'm judging solely based on the live version I heard, but Chris' voice on that was absolutely terrible, and I couldn't even get halfway before turning it off, so...)

...implying that Mylo Xyloto was something to look forward to. :laugh3::rolleyes:

But I think I was right after predicting "Spectrum" would be the best song of the year after only hearing 30 seconds. Will wait for studio versions of all songs, of course, for final judgement.

I've listened to a few tracks, and I'm really enjoying it so far. There's a darker feel to these songs and melodies, but they still have that exhilarating emotion that was present on Lungs.

Yeah . . . I hate being inarticulate. *flails*

I'll have to give the album more listens. And let me just say how nice and exciting it is to have new FATM tunes! :escaping: