✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANOTHER new song was debuted last night at LA Night 2. I went to Night 1. Typical. :rolleyes:

Sounds awesome, though I think I prefer "What the Water Gave Me". :)

I wanted to brag about hearing the debut of a new song. Curses. Oh wait...yes I can. Because this was soundchecked (though without vocals) before Night 1. :laugh3:

I like her dress better in this one. :D

Yeah, I have to make my case for "Biggest Florence Welch Fanboy" before 2011 Coldplaying awards roll around. :laugh3:

Also, the new song I posted is titled "Bedroom Hymns". Flo's tour account tweeted that name earlier today. :)

My friend showed me a few clips last week, and I think Vicci is the one she really likes. It's a pretty cool concept.

Drums were a nice touch! As for her singing, I thought it was pretty good. She certainly has power in her voice. I was thrown off a bit when she belted out the "I never wanted anything from you" part, but that's just because I'm so used to Flo's version.

What did you think of her cover, Violet? :wacko: I'm not a great judge of singing performances, to be honest, because I'm too easily impressed. :shame:

I think people went a bit too far on some of the YouTube comments by saying her version is better than Flo's, and unlike some people, I wasn't a fan of the hair. It's pretty good from a cover standpoint, though. I too liked the drum concept.

NPR posted a video of a concert Florence and the Machine performed last year (I think). It might be US only, I'm not sure but here it is:

http://www.npr.org/2011/06/24/137340851/first-watch-florence-the-machine-in-concert?sc=tw&cc=share

It's on iTunes now also.

I almost went to that show. Instead I decided to see Stars at the very the same venue the very next day. 2011 version of me would have just done both.

Dang it! They took the video off before I could watch it, and it was the entire concert. :bigcry:

EDIT: And then there's iTunes. Woot!

another edit: A bit random, but it has always bugged me that there isn't an HD version of the Cosmic Love music video on YouTube.

A little article on Q magazine: they said that the recording/mixing of LP2 will be finished this automn for a release realy next year.

Flo said that there are a lot of 'ghosts' theme and paranormal things in the lyrics.