✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

Did you see Florence's Christmas Gift Ideas?

http://flotique.florenceandthemachine.net/Store/DisplayFeatured.html

;)

Yeah!! I've bought and recently recieve this: http://flotique.florenceandthemachine.net/Store/DII-1196-2-face+paint+ladies+long+sleeved+tshirt+%28white%29.html

The material is really thin and 'transparent' though....but it's really comfy!! love it!

I took quite a few pics from my orchestra seats (pit tickets could only be won through the radio station), but here's the cream of the crop:

florence1.jpg

florence2.jpg

florence3.jpg

florence4.jpg

florence5.jpg

florence6.jpg

florence7.jpg

florence8.jpg

AWESOME pics!! Glad you had a great but it couldn't have been otherwise with Flo :rolleyes:

the grammy's isn't just about indie/alternative music. It covers pop music too. Justin Bieber deserves to be there.

True about pop music needed to be represented but Justin Bieber... :uhoh: I'm sure there's a lot of pop artists more 'deserving' to be nominated than a kid back up with a team of producers and good marketers...>.>

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True about pop music needed to be represented but Justin Bieber... :uhoh: I'm sure there's a lot of pop artists more 'deserving' to be nominated than a kid back up with a team of producers and good marketers...>.>

Well, I guess to be good in pop music you have to be extremely succesful. Justin did pretty well at that...whatever, i'm not an expert :P

Well, I guess to be good in pop music you have to be extremely succesful. Justin did pretty well at that...whatever, i'm not an expert :P

Yeah, he's successfull cause he's cute and all the 14-old girls love him + he have a good marketing team to promote him but does THAT justified a MUSICAL nomination award... I don't think so IMO :P

The other nominees are in a different league than him. At least, I would have prefer to see Lady Gaga on the list - as much as I dislike her- but she's actually proposing 'sthg' musically speaking, even if it's not my taste.

• 3 weeks later...

^ Hmm...I've heard several unreleased tracks but I haven't heard that one. Not really a fan of it, though.

Got my Flo poster in the mail about a week ago and it looks quite lovely hanging up above my desk. Oh, and just so everyone knows, 2011 is the year I'm hell-bent on making myself the board's biggest Florence Fanboy. :P:heart::blush:

Yes, that's the one! The rabbit one is a little too...pink for my tastes, so I went for the moon one.

The calendar sounds awesome. I wonder what pictures are used for it?

Haha yeah the rabbit one is too pink for my liking too... and the bunny is covering most of her pretty face :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/FLORENCE-MACHINE-2011-WALL-CALENDAR-OFFICIAL-NEW-/280605465547?pt=UK_Collectables_Paper_RL&hash=item4155639bcb#ht_4796wt_806

if your still wondering what pictures it uses scroll through the description

you can see them all

looks like the months with the best pics are January, May, September, October, and December.

Oh, and just so everyone knows, 2011 is the year I'm hell-bent on making myself the board's biggest Florence Fanboy. :P:heart::blush:

:lol:

tumblr_lei9w8jHiW1qdqxt6o1_500.gif

I think we don't mind here, for once that it's not the girls fangirling... :laugh3:

I don't remember if I posted this... :thinking: but here's a nice video of Flo during her trip in the US, made by a friend of her.

It captures Welch during her fall 2010 American tour for her debut album Lungs (which earned her a Best New Artist Grammy nomination). We see the flame-haired British songstress swimming in pools, driving on highways and marveling at the surreal nature of fame and the places it has brought her.

http://www.nowness.com/day/2010/12/21/1234/florence-welch-letter-from-la

:)

tumblr_lei9w8jHiW1qdqxt6o1_500.gif

Why the hell was I captivated by that for a good 40 seconds? :lol:

I think we don't mind here, for once that it's not the girls fangirling... :laugh3:

LOL. With all the fangirling that goes on all over this board, I think it's time I help balance things out. :laugh3:

I don't remember if I posted this... :thinking: but here's a nice video of Flo during her trip in the US, made by a friend of her.

Yes, it's definitely a lovely video, though I may be biased because I live in the LA area. Lots of really cute moments.

^

First video = Cute!

Second video = CUTER! :blush:

I swear I visit that fuckyeahflorencewelch Tumblr at least 5 times a day and find myself mesmerized for longer than I should (especially by those gifs :shocked2:).

People are getting amped at the prospect of a second album, though I really do think she deserves a bit of a break. She's done years of extensive touring, even well before Lungs was released, and I'd hate to see her get burnt out. Or maybe I'm just being overly concerned because she seems so delicate and lovable.

I swear I visit that fuckyeahflorencewelch Tumblr at least 5 times a day and find myself mesmerized for longer than I should (especially by those gifs :shocked2:).

People are getting amped at the prospect of a second album, though I really do think she deserves a bit of a break. She's done years of extensive touring, even well before Lungs was released, and I'd hate to see her get burnt out. Or maybe I'm just being overly concerned because she seems so delicate and lovable.

I really admire her... At her place, I would be sick of singing for 3-4 years now Dog days or You got the love. It's time for her sake that she come back with new tunes. But I hope she'll make a touring break, she has to rest.... The US tour (in oct-nov) wasn't planned...she must be exhausted!

Flo joined Drake on his show yesterday (?) @Hammersmith Appollo (<3 this venue, it's where I've seen her for the first time :awesome:) She did a little mash-up of his song and Cosmic Love. GOOD as always!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlC3bqlwxFg]YouTube - Drake & Florence (and the Machine) - Fireworks - Live at Hammersmith Apollo London[/ame]

Apparently, Flo will collaborate with Drake on LP2.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/music/3339555/Florence-and-the-Machine-collaborate-with-rapper-Drake.html

Seem that they hit it off after the Hammersmith performance. I'm not too excited about this since I'm not a rap fan but I liked the Dirty love remix with Dizzee and their Fireworks version was nice.... As long as FLo sings, I think I can like anything XD

And look who Flo met in NY..... :bomb:

flojake.png

pure awesomness x3!