✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Florence + The Machine

Those two aren't even on the normal release. :laugh3:

I wonder if this was a label decision. I'd heard those songs live earlier in the year and loved them immensely, especially S&C which may be in my top 5 Flo songs. Several album listens later, I still insist one of those two should have replaced "Breaking Down" which is oddly produced and just a huge momentum killer that early in the album.

I didn't think Lungs was quite perfect, either, so I'm still preferring Ceremonials at the moment.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who have listened to the leak: What do you think? I decided not to listen. Is it as good as Lungs? I can't wait.

I really admire Florence for putting out a record while their last one is still on the charts. A lot of indie bands get swept under the carpet because they take too long to put out another record.

Well I guess Florence isn't really "indie" anymore since FATM is so well-known now. I would like to make a baby with her FYI.

For those who have listened to the leak: What do you think? I decided not to listen. Is it as good as Lungs? I can't wait.

I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I liked the album a lot. I think it's better than Lungs, but yeah - as I said I'm probably not a good person to judge it as I didn't like Lungs very much.

I'm not a huge fan of her music, but I liked the album a lot. I think it's better than Lungs, but yeah - as I said I'm probably not a good person to judge it as I didn't like Lungs very much.

Lungs was pretty much all I listened to from October 2010 until May 2011. I even drunkenly sang it at karaoke.

Been avoiding this since it leaked! Was suppose to be out in stores today but when I went to look for it, they told me that it hasn't arrived yet. Probably tomorrow afternoon. Grrrr...

Guess I have to wait another day longer. :veryangry2:

Lungs was pretty much all I listened to from October 2010 until May 2011. I even drunkenly sang it at karaoke.

Not much annoys me more than the song the dog days are over.

*shudder*

Please don't tell me that was the song you sang. That would have been hilarious.

*shudder*

Please don't tell me that was the song you sang. That would have been hilarious.

Uhhhhhhh I think it was.

That or Rabbit Heart

I was too drunk to recall.

*shudder*

Oh goodness! That's one of the best tracks on "Lungs!" :laugh3:

I thing "Lungs" is such a solid first album. I feel a bit awful for breaking down and listening to the leak of MX, so I'm staying strong and not listening to the leak of "Ceremonials." But, the two singles they released are strong and I think it's going to be a good album! It'll have a lot to live up to, because "Lungs" was excellent!

Drunk karaoke is the greatest, especially since karaoke is not something I'd actually attempt sober. Thankfully, I've never attempted a Flo song as far as I know. Just a drunken dance to Cosmic Love. :laugh3:

DDAO isn't bad. Obviously way better songs on Lungs exist, but for the only single of hers to actually get airplay here in North America, it's surprisingly inoffensive. The only retarded thing people say here is that it's a cover of Glee. :facepalm:

"Florence and the Machine online store has now been shipped to you your order"

tumblr_ltcjfzVKNE1qaepbv.gif

I've listened to Ceremonials a lot. I +1 almost anything Corkus said in his track by track. Except for Spectrum which is for me the 'obvious radio single' (love it nonetheless).

FAVORITE TRACK: No light, no light

LEAST FAVORITE: Breaking dawn

the rest: I love!!

Can't wait to hear it all this live!

Have listened to the album a couple of times and already I'm in awe of it. It's a little bit early to say whether it can exceed the brilliance of 'Lungs', but it is most certainly a decent successor.

My favourites are Only if For A Night, What the Water Gave Me, Seven Devils, All This and Heaven too. But the rest of the album is just as miraculous and worth paying attention to. Perhaps Lover to lover and Breaking Down stand out a little bit, but really nothing to be ashamed of.

Yes my fellows, Flo did it again. Luckily, I haven't pre-ordered MX or anything, so now I shall have money to buy this music marvel.

I'm not too sure if I really really like this new album... It's got some pretty great tracks, but most of the songs sound a bit too similar to one another... I don't know. Maybe it's because I wasn't really paying attention the first time I listened to the album all the way through, but I feel like Flo just wails throughout most of the songs... :/ She's got an amazing voice, but sometimes I feel like she shouts a bit too much in this album... I dunno. Or maybe I'm just a bit overwhelmed by how grand everything sounds. All the songs seem to strive on being epic, it kinda leaves me a bit breathless after a few songs! I need to listen to the album a few more times to really appreciate each and every song on its own... Lungs is a really tough album to follow!

Only If for a Night took my breath away from the first minute! Breaking Down sounds a bit Christmassy to me. I like it! Spectrum is epic!

That Landscape demo is so amazing, it's one of my favourites! Wonder why it's just a demo. I'd probably prefer it that way, though, as I think the song sounds good in it's raw-er, quieter, less-produced shape.

Just listened to the album and nothing stood out for me yet. It took me a few listens to get into Lungs and fall in love with it so I'll give my final verdict on Ceremonials after a few listens.

The only tracks that stood out for me on the first listen were Only If For a Night and All This and Heaven Too.