🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Noel Gallagher

Guest howyousawtheworld

Noel + Coldplay would be epic! But it's a shame Chris is not up for it...

I know the oracle sort of denied it would happen but, c'mon, how would he/she know for sure. We may not see a recording but I'm sure they'll perform a couple songs together again someday. But....a new collaborative work would be ace!

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90111[/url]

"Does it upset you, even now, when someone says something negative?

No, it doesn’t upset me, I’m just aware of it. I don’t want to get too full of myself because of that faction. I don’t care if someone doesn’t like us, that’s fine. Go watch some TV or listen to Oasis. Whatever..."

Ok, Chris, I'm off to listen to Oasis. :escaping2: Even better, I'm going to listen Whatever. :lol:

And I want to say that it's a cliché that fans of Oasis don't like Coldplay. I was in Live4ever and a lot of people there love Parachutes and AROBTTH.

In other news, Noel is going to Mexico in April. I think a Latin America tour is close, I can't wait!

It's exactly that kind of comment that justifies to me my hate of Chris Martin. Sure Chris, everybody that dislikes your band is an Oasis fan because they could only ever be the ones that find your music after AROBTTH droll, commercial and soulless. Newsflash Chris, your not as great as you'd like to believe, get over yourself. Prat.

It's exactly that kind of comment that justifies to me my hate of Chris Martin. Sure Chris, everybody that dislikes your band is an Oasis fan because they could only ever be the ones that find your music after AROBTTH droll, commercial and soulless. Newsflash Chris, your not as great as you'd like to believe, get over yourself. Prat.

Wow. I get exactly the oppisite vibe from Chris. I think he's one of the most sensere people I've ever heard. (IMO) However, I can really relate to his personal character and get his jokes and sarcasm. Just a matter of opinion I suppose.:stunned:

Wow. I get exactly the oppisite vibe from Chris. I think he's one of the most sensere people I've ever heard. (IMO) However, I can really relate to his personal character and get his jokes and sarcasm. Just a matter of opinion I suppose.:stunned:

I don't think that Chris is a prat but I don't like that he thinks that if you like Oasis you can't love Coldplay. We are not all drunks (well maybe a little :drunkjoe:) and dumb fans. I hate this idea of Oasis fans. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I get this idea for this type of comment. Oasis was not only Rock 'n' roll, like Coldplay it's not only Pop. And even, we can love both.

It was a bloody joke, that. :rolleyes: More than anything else, it's Chris complimenting Oasis.

Agreed. You'd think by now that people could tell that Chris is joking about 99% of the time.

I think some of you are reading more into Chris's comment than need be.

Back to Noel for a bit, I'm finally listening to the album for the first time right now. Got tickets to a holiday show next month and Noel is one of the artists playing, so I figured I should stop slacking and listen to it. It's a lot better than Beady Eye so far. :P

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H234UIoWdd0]Noel Gallagher @ HMV Forum-If I had a gun - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRCWh4N-c5g&feature=related]Noel Gallagher - (it's good) to be free - YouTube[/ame]

Isnt kind funny that he plays "Its good to be free" to open the gigs? :lol:

Are some of you idiotic? He didn't imply in any way that you like either Oasis or Coldplay, not both, he just happened to say Oasis, he could've said Blur, Radiohead, its just a fucking band he happened to mention.

The real reason he's a dick is his dismissive attitude to criticism and this lame way he pretends it doesn't bother him.

Back to Noel for a bit, I'm finally listening to the album for the first time right now. Got tickets to a holiday show next month and Noel is one of the artists playing, so I figured I should stop slacking and listen to it. It's a lot better than Beady Eye so far. :P

I told you so. :tongue: :D

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

Been a few days, eh? Lots to tell.

Where to start? So I think the last time we spoke I was on the way to Edinburgh. Might've already been in Edinburgh? Can't remember. Anyway, the gig was great. The kids sang their little heads off. It was reported that there may have been a bit of violence and maybe a little bit of theft. Can you crazy kids not behave yourself?

There was also a story in one of the local newspapers that I'd had some hairdresser-turned-journalist BANNED from the gig for apparently shitting on my album? A ludicrous claim. As you might guess, I'm not an avid reader of the local Edinburgh News. Sounds like someone trying to make a name for himself, if you ask me.

Spent the rest of the night in some hotel bar being told stuff about myself by drunken locals.

Onto London for 3 shows on 3 consecutive nights at 3 different venues. The first being the Hammersmith Apollo. I liked it. It was easy. Maybe a little too easy. I have to say I thought it'd take a lot longer to get everything up to speed. It's already become very enjoyable and we've only done 6 gigs.

That was Saturday, right? So Sunday was at the Forum? I haven't played at the Forum since Oasis played there in '94. One forgets what a blimmin' great venue it is. Great gig. Like the old days. Great crowd. If you was there - nice one!! Best out of the 3 for me.

That brings us to The Roundhouse on Monday? Don't like that venue. Lord knows why anyone would play there. I've been to plenty of gigs there - can't recall ever seeing a good one yet. Dunno what it is. Maybe 'cause it's round and not an actual house? Dunno…

We did party hard after though, so all was not lost. Took over a small but perfectly formed nightclub in the West End. My cosmic soul brother Gaz Cobain from the Amorphous Androgynous was in control of the cosmic juke box and apart from some mithering from Irie Nancy and the golden girls for some "Beyonce" fun was had by all. We was asked to leave at the crack of dawn with a £7k bar bill!!!!!

A proper good effort that. Needless to say the last 2 days have been spent on the verge of a nervous breakdown. All good though and it was well worth it.

Did have some great news yesterday though. Grazia magazine have me at the top of this weeks 'Chart of Lust'!!!!!! That's right, LUST!!!! Eat that Coldplay. You can have the top spot in the charts. That don't mean shit...

GRAZIA MAGAZINE? COLUMN OF LUST? #1 BABY!!!!!!

Off to the BBC today. Doing a gig that will be broadcast live tonight on Radio 2. 8pm, I think - although I may have got that wrong. Iz'rite.

IN A BIT.

GD.

Wow, the concert was amazing! You can listen it on BBC Radio 2 and they upload one video, If I Had A Gun.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01644v5

And new Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

The gig at the BBC was great. Most enjoyable.

I like that BBC theatre. 200 people max. Like a little cinema. It's a bit weird though, eh? The crowd being about 2ft away? One is very aware of them. And they stare right into your soul - it was good craic though.

I enjoyed the banter. Right at the end though a blonde lady got up on stage, gave me a kiss, handed me an envelope and gave me the internationally recognised look that means, "You must read this". Nice envelope. Gold. With 'NOEL. X' written on the front. So far, so good. Now… back in the '90s a situation like this would've inevitably ended in a scenario that we'll have to leave to your filthy little imagination.

So anyway, back in the dressing room I gathered round the envelope - not unlike the scene from that film Pulp Fiction where Vincent Vega opens up Marsellus Wallace's stolen briefcase, you know the one? A shaft of golden light emanates from said briefcase on to Vincent's face and Jules says, "Are we cool?" Ok… that one.

So… open up the envelope. A little note… "Dear Noel…" Blah, blah, blah… Phone number… (Ok, get to the point woman!!)

Hang on? Surely not…

D'you know what she was offering?

Free driving lessons!! FREE FUCKIN' DRIVING LESSONS!!

Eat that Coldplay… You might be #1 in England AND America at the same time, but free driving lessons? That's where it's at, baby.

Am currently at Heathrow T5. Flying to the Yoo-knighted States.

Just bumped into Dave Hill from that band Slade!!

In a bit.

GD.

I FUCKING MET NOEL GALLAGHER !!!!! :freak:

I was at the gig sunday !!! :dance: :bomb:

So Sunday was at the Forum? I haven't played at the Forum since Oasis played there in '94. One forgets what a blimmin' great venue it is.

Great gig. Like the old days. Great crowd. If you was there - nice one!! Best out of the 3 for me.

OMFG ! :dead:

IT was the best day of my life !

I was there at 2 pm , and met Noel ...

Got in , first/second row , before Noel ,

WHAT A CROWD ! :bomb:

So Sunday was at the Forum? I haven't played at the Forum since Oasis played there in '94. One forgets what a blimmin' great venue it is.

Great gig. Like the old days. Great crowd. If you was there - nice one!! Best out of the 3 for me.

Wow, that's so great! Congratulations!

Last night concert on the BBC is already on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL07B8A7B5C4F8508F&feature=viewall

Enjoy!

WOW! :nice: Well done. What was he like? What did you say to him? Details, girl, details! :D

Anyway, Liam sounding off again - he thinks Noel will go crawling back to him one day, silly man. Liam: 'Noel's got to realise he's not that good without me' blah blah blah what a pillock.

Looks to me like Noel's doing just fine without him ;)

That´s great! You´re sooooo lucky!!!:shocked2:

New Tales From The Middle Of Nowhere:

Yes comrades.

We cool? Good.

The flight was very uneventful. I guess that's how you want them though, eh?

Seen that Gordon Ramsey fella at Heathrow. You know that guy? Celebrity chef? He's convinced "Fresh local ingredients" can save the world!! Don't know why that's interesting, or why I'm even telling you, but there you go.

Toronto is freeeeeeezing as usual. I did a special little acoustic show last night. Only about 200 people. There was a LOT of love in the room mostly coming from grown men, I have to say, which always makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. It was a good laugh though.

City won again yesterday AND, as luck would have it, it was live on TV!!!!!!! I'm starting to believe now.

Done nothing today. There's nothing to do. Literally nothing.

Got 2 shows coming up at Massey Hall and if last night is anything to go by they should be great.

I'm currently being a sloth watching some NFL game or other. I quite like American Football. Not quite sure why. I recall being hooked one night in the '80s while I was tripping!!! Think it might've been the colours. And before you ask, no I don't have a favourite team or player. I don't know anything about it other than the rules and the fact that it's mega when you're tripping - which I'm not at the moment, by the way!!!!

In a bit.

GD.