✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Are children the future of the world?

Dfit00

This phrase is highly overrated.

Presently, both children and teenagers are very immature, uneducated, ignorant, stuck up, unrespectful, apathetic, and they lack a great deal of thinking and decision-making skills. These can easily be seen in the huge amount of teenage pregnancies all over the place, the increasing high school drop out rate, the low academic achievement of most students, the clothes they wear, the music they hear, and the way kids talk and express themselves.

Obviously, not all children and teenagers are like that. There are many bright students and children who will earn their way up to their dreams, be professionals, and make huge and long lasting differences in the world. But where are they? They are extinct! Every teenager I talk to is completely immature and they don't have a clue about how society works in this world and how challenging life is. Most of them don't really have a sense of where their lives are heading or how their futures are gonna be in they don't action now. I absolutely hate children (especially teenagers) that act this way. I get along much better with adults than with people of my age.

So, how can we expect children to be the future of our world, seeing that they don't give a crap about anything, not even their own lives, and that in the future they will end up in a dead job living paycheck to paycheck?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

View it this way, less competition for you in the career field.

Come on, do you really plan to work your whole life?

It's definitely true what you are saying, but competition will always be present in any career field.

This phrase is highly overrated.

Presently, both children and teenagers are very immature, uneducated, ignorant, stuck up, unrespectful, apathetic, and they lack a great deal of thinking and decision-making skills. These can easily be seen in the huge amount of teenage pregnancies all over the place, the increasing high school drop out rate, the low academic achievement of most students, the clothes they wear, the music they hear, and the way kids talk and express themselves.

Obviously, not all children and teenagers are like that. There are many bright students and children who will earn their way up to their dreams, be professionals, and make huge and long lasting differences in the world. But where are they? They are extinct! Every teenager I talk to is completely immature and they don't have a clue about how society works in this world and how challenging life is. Most of them don't really have a sense of where their lives are heading or how their futures are gonna be in they don't action now.

I am a teenager, and I absolutely hate children (especially teenagers) that act this way. I get along much better with adults than with people of my age, and I can't wait for my education to be over and be in the real world with better people.

So, how can we expect children to be the future of our world, seeing that they don't give a crap about anything, not even their own lives, and that in the future they will end up in a dead job living paycheck to paycheck?

Ah. So the clothes someone wears and the music they listen to = they are uneducated and ignorant? Wow, nice analyzing.

Now about the question, I do agree that the kids around me are pretty empty-minded, but it's not like this is new to the world. Teenage pregnancy has been a problem for quite a while. When you walk down a city full of working adults you're not going to see everyone working a successful job.

Everyone was/is a teenager before, everyone has made stupid mistakes before.

Hopefully most teenagers will mature before that time...

Come on man, do you really plan to work your whole life?

It's definitely true what you are saying, but good people exist too and those are the competitive people in the career field.

Yes but less and less good people exist, thus less competition compared to many years ago. I will probably work most my life, I do not see myself getting too old and retiring, if I'm around when I'm 60, I'll be surprised. I will work a career I like though so it probably won't be too bad.

Ah. So the clothes someone wears and the music they listen to = they are uneducated and ignorant? Wow, nice analyzing.

Now about the question, I do agree that the kids around me are pretty empty-minded, but it's not like this is new to the world. Teenage pregnancy has been a problem for quite a while. When you walk down a city full of working adults you're not going to see everyone working a successful job.

Everyone was/is a teenager before, everyone has made stupid mistakes before.

Hopefully most teenagers will mature before that time...

Some people learn the hard way, others learn it very easily. Hopefully, teens will indeed mature but when they finally do, that time will be too late.

Yes but less and less good people exist, thus less competition compared to many years ago. I will probably work most my life, I do not see myself getting too old and retiring, if I'm around when I'm 60, I'll be surprised. I will work a career I like though so it probably won't be too bad.

That's the best choice you could ever make, follow the "You'll never work one day in your life, if you love on what you work on" saying. Who knows if it's true though...

Lots of things have changed in the last 20 years that are making teens less and less independant. Thankfully Im not one of these people. Despite many teens being stupid, reckless and ignorant, Im sure all of them have one good quality/trait/aspect and are all trying to be hitler or mindless zombies that listen to miley cyrus and dream of being in twilight.

Well, even though I am the (self-proclaimed) Only Sane Teen Girl, I only partly agree with you. Yes, a LOT of teens have no idea about the adult world (try asking one about the death of Walter Cronkite or the election fraud in Iran), I guess some just want to have fun while they're still young. (Though ignoring the outside world isn't an effective way to do it...) Also, just because a teen listens to crap (country and rap in case you're wondering what that means) doesn't mean that they're stupid. They just have a horrid taste in music! (I wonder if any of my classmates listen to Radiohead...) But some kids (like me, if I do say so myself!/smugbitch) are pretty cool, and they're willing to make a difference.

As for the younger kids, I don't really like ALL little kids anymore. The ones on my street are so rude and disrespectul. Just saying. If you know any nice little kids, please enlighten me. Oh, and I don't think young kids should be entirely mature anyways./rant

Well, even though I am the (self-proclaimed) Only Sane Teen Girl, I only partly agree with you. Yes, a LOT of teens have no idea about the adult world (try asking one about the death of Walter Cronkite or the election fraud in Iran), I guess some just want to have fun while they're still young. (Though ignoring the outside world isn't an effective way to do it...) Also, just because a teen listens to crap (country and rap in case you're wondering what that means) doesn't mean that they're stupid. They just have a horrid taste in music! (I wonder if any of my classmates listen to Radiohead...) But some kids (like me, if I do say so myself!/smugbitch) are pretty cool, and they're willing to make a difference.

As for the younger kids, I don't really like ALL little kids anymore. The ones on my street are so rude and disrespectul. Just saying. If you know any nice little kids, please enlighten me. Oh, and I don't think young kids should be entirely mature anyways./rant

The way you dress tells so much about you, as well as what kind of personality you have based on what type of music you listen to.

^Or so you think.

Not all kids are mean. It's just the ghetto ones that think they have something better then others, when they really don't. I'm not sure if I can really answer the question, "Are children the future of the world?" correctly. Some children are, some aren't. It's as simple as that.

children and teenager's will always be stubborn and self-centered. That's not the issue, the issue is what they will be like when they become adults, and how the adults of our future will compare to the adults of the past. The problem is if current teenagers are more stupid than those of past generations, than those same teenagers, as adults will be worse than previous adults.