✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

hey brits and other non-us people...get a kick out of this..

Manders

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah its too intellectual for them :P

only 86% of americans can find the US on a world map :)

Yes, because the other 14% of those "Americans" are illegal immigrants.

*coughs*

Es ist true. Unfortunate, but true.

Ok, I find this offensive too.

I don't see why you would. Nothing offensive was said.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/geosurvey/templates/question_1.html

^^^ Here's the survey, try for yourself :) After each question you can see how your country did :)

Erm illegal immigrants weren't in the survey

Its a National Geographical's survey performed on young adults in education..it was 11% who couldn't find the US (I just redid it myself)

The most worrying question was what region has the Euro as it's currency...even tho the clue is in the question...many Americans missed it :)

I think we just want to know why you would say that the illegal immigrants would not be able to find the us on a map? Was that what you were implying? Maybe we misunderstood you. :)

There are no doubt some that can.

Besides if all statistics were true....the world would have been extinct 3 times over. Do keep that in mind...

*Doogie says* (cos he cant be arsed to log off of this one)

If you click on the link you can answer the survey and after each question it shows how each country did.

Funny thing about illegal immigrants...i think it was 98% of mexicans could find the US on a map compared to 89% of US ppl :)

Funny thing about illegal immigrants...i think it was 98% of mexicans could find the US on a map compared to 89% of US ppl :)

They would though now that I think about it. .... Considering they'd have to find it to cross the border into it...makes sense

They would though now that I think about it. .... Considering they'd have to find it to cross the border into it...makes sense

Exactly - I didn't explain that because I thought that was obvious

i thought this was interesting..

:D

Out of 56 questions that were asked across all countries surveyed, on average young Americans answered 23 questions correctly. Others outside the U.S., most notably young adults in Mexico, also struggled with basic geography facts. Young people in Canada and Great Britain fared almost as poorly as those in the U.S.

Well this is interesting...I did the survey myself (I missed 2 btw) and I discovered in the midst of answering my questions that Great Britian actually had a lower percentage than the US on most questions.

89& of American CHILDREN can find the US on a map. I would have to say that is pretty good.

Yah, that's what I thought. It just sounded like you were imlying something bad about the immigrats that come here.

On another note...

Me and my sister took the survey...I don't know who they interviewed, but come on who could miss where the U.S. was! They even gave multiple choice. Have you ever seen Jay Leno's, jaywalking? The people he interviews are really clueless! Not everyone is like that here.