✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

19-Dec-2009: Exeter Castle, Exeter, UK - Tickets, Previews, Meetups, Reviews/Photos

- In between the verse of LiTii Chris said that they were going away and were going to get better. He thanked their families, all the fans and then "all the women we got pregnant" then he started laughing and missed his cue into the second verse, he completely lost his place and looked at Will who mimed the lyric at him :lol:

:laugh4: Oh, Chris. His banter during live gigs are so amusing.

And Will singing parts of "Happy Christmas (War Is Over)" = :heart: He sounds great.

Thanks for all the reviews, videos and pictures, guys!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys so much for all your work, the pictures, the videos, the descriptions and reviews, it feels like I've been there too! :cheesy: Further more all the little details you said Mich really made it perfect. I can totally see Chris rolling around on the floor and messing up lyrics! :lol:

Again, THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your experiences from this very special and unique event, I love you guys. :wacky::thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I'm a bit late to the party considering I got back home at 4 am last night from Exeter but I only got about 4 hours sleep (was so full of adrenelin and ears still ringing at 5 am it took me ages to get any shut eye lol) and was completely exhausted today which made it impossible for me to write anything proper :lol: I am planning to write a longer review tommorow and post some of my videos but thought I'd just make a quick post before going to bed.

Last night was really the most incredible night I've ever experience. I'm still trying to shake off that feeling of surrealism... I just couldn't take it all in last night, it was like a dream. One you'd never think would happen in real life. :D :D Me and my younger brother got to the queue at about 5-ish and there were less than 20 people in the line ahead of us. We were next to a really sweet Spanish couple who'd come all the way from Barcelona and I quickly learnt from them that the first lot of people in the queue had been there since the morning, immediately thought they must be Coldplayers :P

I'm SO envious of some of you for being able to meet Chris and Guy like that (:bomb:) really sweet of them to sign stuff and have pics taken :nice: But tbh I'm not sure I could have survived in the cold for those many hours, I don't know how you did it as by the time I'd been standing for half an hour I was already loosing feeling in my toes :lol: I just wish I could have had the opportunity but hey, I'm not giving up on fulfilling that dream in the future :D I had a somewhat over optimistic hope that I might be able to meet at least one of the guys after the gig but they went around the back way that was fenced off to the side of the marquee and straight into the vip hall in the castle and I missed them. :(

When the gates finally opened me and my brother walked up to the castle as quickly as we could. The first thing I thought when I entered the marquee was how absolutely minuscule it was, it felt like less than 500 people to me. It was so Christmas-y, decorated with blue lights draped from the ceiling and Christmas trees around the castle, it was just perfect. :nice:

Once I'd had a look in the marquee I had to go to the loo so ended up having a really panicy moment after leaving my brother to get as close to the front of the stage inside the marquee as poss and try and find the toliets which took me about 5 minutes. I ended up running like a mad person all the way back up to the tent because I was so worried about not getting to the front. :laugh3: Luckily me and my brother were standing with only one or two lines of people in front of us and we were right in the centre of the floor. I just couldn't believe our luck - I was so close, I could see Johnny to my left play every cord, Guy to my right, Will at the back, and pretty much every hair on Chris's head. :D

It was incredible to be in such a small intimate setting and that close to a band that I've only seen from far away on the two concerts I've seen them before - it was almost like a pub gig, the atmosphere and everything. I never thought I'd be lucky enough to get the opportunity to see the guys playing in that situation, ever. When they first came out on to the stage after Joe Whiley introduced them, it was unreal for me because to see them that close on such a little stage... felt so strange. In a fantastic way. :D

I have loads of thoughts on the setlist, Chris's banter and other little things but I'll have to leave those for tommorow as I'm so tired! But I am going to upload my vids to youtube which I took with my amazing Sony HD handycam. I got loads of footage, several full songs, including when they first came on stage and the second encore when they played the War Is Over cover all huddled around the mic with Will playing the piano (!) which was such a fuzzy moment, a beautiful way to end the show. :heart: :heart: :heart: (nearly made me cry!)

I will never forget last night, it was just unforgettable. I feel so privileged to have been there. :D Although I didn't get to meet the boys, I felt lucky to have got as close to the stage as I did. (and I did make eye contact with Guy fleetingly... I swear. :lol:) He was so smiley and really enjoying the crowd, he got several shout outs from girls in the crowd. ;) Was dissapointed that I failed to get Chris to notice me but it was half made up by the fact that me and my brother got to chat to Radio 1 DJ and event organiser Joe Whiley after CP had finished... we even got a piccie taken with her which was so awesome. I said thankyou to her for helping arrange the gig. She was really sweet and friendly and seemed just as blown away as me by the evening, telling us how lucky we were to get tickets and how the band won't be doing something like this again for a long time which makes it even more special. It certainly was. :D

Amy x

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you SO MUCH for the reviews, pictures and videos, Mich, Amy and Chris!!!!!!!!!!

Mich, I read your review like a novel, I could barely wait between part 1, part 2 and part 3... :D Thanks a lot, I really enjoyed reading you! :)

I guess it must have been quite stressful for them to play in a small venue, because it's the first time I hear that Jonny, the perfect guitarist who never makes mistakes, messes up a song!

I remember Guy saying in the South Bank Show that he didn't want (or didn't like, I'm not sure) to play in small venues anymore, because it was too stressful... :confused:

But seeing the videos, they seemed perfect as usual. :)

I could only imagine how this was the best Christmas present ever!!! :) :)