✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

Good news, this morning I bought both an adapter and a voltage converter, plugged the globe into the adapter, into the converter, and then into outlet, crossed my fingers and winced and then flipped the switch and...

Yay! It lights up wonderfully. Thanks to everyone who provided advice, especially Space Cadet (and Space Cadet's teacher ;)).

I will take lots of pics tomorrow (I would take them today, but if I took all those pics while my hubby's here he'll think I'm insane). So, if any of you have any special requests, let me know. :D Something tells me I will get carried away and there will be an atrocious amount of picspam in this thread later on Sunday.

A pic of it lighted up and spinning like in the Parachutes album would be awesome please. :D

Globe picspam commences...

I decided to post pics in phases. First phase being the awesome drum case that was used to transport it during the Parachutes tour, second phase will be pics of the unlit globe, third phase will be the globe "all lit up". :D I'm trying to fit this in amongst my other daily activities, so I'm not sure when I'll take pictures and post the second and third phase, please forgive me.

Phase 1: Drum Case

Full view

2uhog2q.jpg

You can see the old crusty gum toward the bottom of the green strap that I mentioned earlier (eeeww)

2efupmh.jpg

A view of some of the travel stickers

2hx64p1.jpg

Brit sticker close-up

27zygsp.jpg

NZ sticker close-up

nb86bs.jpg

Top view

dpk2z7.jpg

Open

nl3ipe.jpg

Teaser

eg8qxy.jpg

I think ideally should stretch it out till the end of the Viva tour when the next wave of items start trickling in. We might start to suffer from withdrawal symptoms otherwise.:D

Good idea Rick/Apparadude! :sneaky:

Well, I will post phase 2 shortly. Phase 3 will have to wait for at least another day.

Globe picspam commences...[/size][/color][/b]

I decided to post pics in phases. First phase being the awesome drum case that was used to transport it during the Parachutes tour, second phase will be pics of the unlit globe, third phase will be the globe "all lit up". :D

Phase 2: Globe - Unlit

With Album - view 1

xtvf8.jpg

With Album - view 2

2h306th.jpg

Plug ("globe" was written on tape)

280njnt.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 1

2iqkec8.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 2

msi0kh.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 3

307p98y.jpg

Something is written under the tape, but I don't know what! It kind of looks like Chris' writing. I want to know what it says, but I don't want to peel off the tape... so it will have to remain a mystery. :bomb:

28i3ofn.jpg

Some random views...

105tu80.jpg

23rs6bl.jpg

358oylz.jpg

rvx4lf.jpg

jj7dsl.jpg

Pictures of the globe all lit up to follow sometime later...

Aaaww thanks Carrie :hug:

PS. Please don't forget to include Tasmania (where Rickenbacker and I live), like mainland Australia always do :D

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that this comment could be perceived as Rickenbacker and I are a couple!!! :shocked2:

Seriously, the guy won't even tell me his name - so no, not a couple! :laugh3:

Apologies to the real Mrs Rickenbacker :P

Carrie, thank you so much for posting the pictures. It made me get all giggly & filled with butterflies inside & overall happy like it was Dec 30/31st all over again. :laugh3:

Just as Rick pointed out, I too think this is it for the auction items, (at least from those willing to share their good fortunes with others) and it will be 6-10 weeks before the second wave of items arrive and new photos are posted. :(

How utterly sad!! :bigcry:

Carrie, milk those remaining photos for all it's worth! :P

Globe picspam commences...[/size][/color][/b]

I decided to post pics in phases. First phase being the awesome drum case that was used to transport it during the Parachutes tour, second phase will be pics of the unlit globe, third phase will be the globe "all lit up". :D I'm trying to fit this in amongst my other daily activities, so I'm not sure when I'll take pictures and post the second and third phase, please forgive me.

Phase 1: Drum Case

Full view

2uhog2q.jpg

You can see the old crusty gum toward the bottom of the green strap that I mentioned earlier (eeeww)

2efupmh.jpg

A view of some of the travel stickers

2hx64p1.jpg

Brit sticker close-up

27zygsp.jpg

NZ sticker close-up

nb86bs.jpg

Top view

dpk2z7.jpg

Open

nl3ipe.jpg

Teaser

eg8qxy.jpg

:stunned::wideeyed: I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU HAVEN'T OPENED IT YET CARRIE!!!!!!!!:bomb:

AMAZING pictures!!!! *hyperventilates*

Carrie, thank you so much for posting the pictures. It made me get all giggly & filled with butterflies inside & overall happy like it was Dec 30/31st all over again. :laugh3:

Just as Rick pointed out, I too think this is it for the auction items, (at least from those willing to share their good fortunes with others) and it will be 6-10 weeks before the second wave of items arrive and new photos are posted. :(

How utterly sad!! :bigcry:

Carrie, milk those remaining photos for all it's worth! :P[/font]

So, are you saying I should wait another week to post the "all lit up" pictures? :sneaky:

Phase 2: Globe - Unlit[/color][/b]

With Album - view 1

xtvf8.jpg

With Album - view 2

2h306th.jpg

Plug ("globe" was written on tape)

280njnt.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 1

2iqkec8.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 2

msi0kh.jpg

Scratches and Dents - view 3

307p98y.jpg

Something is written under the tape, but I don't know what! It kind of looks like Chris' writing. I want to know what it says, but I don't want to peel off the tape... so it will have to remain a mystery. :bomb:

28i3ofn.jpg

Some random views...

105tu80.jpg

23rs6bl.jpg

358oylz.jpg

rvx4lf.jpg

jj7dsl.jpg

Pictures of the globe all lit up to follow sometime later...

that globe is so amazing:bomb: