✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

This is quite exciting, but it also means they're still recording at the Bakery. Remember #42 said the new ideas for the album were going to be born at the Beehive, which means:

a.) this album will be soon out, as a bridge between Viva and LP6, as they've got so many songs - I wish!

or

b.) album won't be out anytime soon (not before fall 2010 or even early 2011)

Sorry to be off-topic, I think it's a fantastic idea for a clearout and donate the stuff to the charity. Anyway, the band are progressing which is good news.

This is quite exciting, but it also means they're still recording at the Bakery. Remember #42 said the new ideas for the album were going to be born at the Beehive, which means:

a.) this album will be soon out, as a bridge between Viva and LP6, as they've got so many songs - I wish!

or

b.) album won't be out anytime soon (not before fall 2010 or even early 2011)

Sorry to be off-topic, I think it's a fantastic idea for a clearout and donate the stuff to the charity. Anyway, the band are progressing which is good news.

they are probably just at the bakery because that's wear all the stuff is.

I find it so exciting with this auction. But how to make sure that the items would end up in the hands of real Coldplay fans. I have been thinking around these lines:

The only way for us coldplayers to get hold of these items would be to pay some money into a central fund to be administered by IAN and Jenjie - and then hopefully there would end up being money enough to make a final, successful bid for for instance a guitar and the Strawberry Swing jacket and some posters.

Then there should be some competitions in which those paying in amounts to that fund (foundation) could participate, and the winners of the competitions would win these items.

In this way, at least the goal of ensuring that some of these items would end up in the hands of coldplayers should be achievable.

Just a thought.

Nice idea :)

can anyone think of some littler things they would like to see in the auction, like wills drumsticks or quitar picks or something?

I'd like the star pin Chris wore during the Twisted Logic tour. Or scraps of paper where Chris worked out lyrics -- but maybe he only writes them out on pianos, walls or his hand! :laugh3:

December 11, 2009 - submitted by Carrie, United States of America

Q. Dearest Oracle,

You're probably going to get a lot of questions about the End of Decade Clearout Sale, but I'm hoping you can answer mine. Will people outside of the U.K. be able to bid on these items? I recently attempted to bid on an item posted on the U.K. ebay, but there was no option available (at least not for the U.S.) to purchase because of the dollar/pound exchange issue. Will people outside the U.S. be able to bid on these items? Please say yes...

The Oracle replies:

I expect I will yes but only as you are the first, until it starts on the 17th there's not going to be any further responses from myself. Once the auction starts you will see all the details you need to know including yes, this is going to be open to one and all.

There's gonna be all manner of items ranging in price too so don't worry about the economics.

I find it so exciting with this auction. But how to make sure that the items would end up in the hands of real Coldplay fans. I have been thinking around these lines:

The only way for us coldplayers to get hold of these items would be to pay some money into a central fund to be administered by IAN and Jenjie - and then hopefully there would end up being money enough to make a final, successful bid for for instance a guitar and the Strawberry Swing jacket and some posters.

Then there should be some competitions in which those paying in amounts to that fund (foundation) could participate, and the winners of the competitions would win these items.

In this way, at least the goal of ensuring that some of these items would end up in the hands of coldplayers should be achievable.

Just a thought.

We must do so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wreck: