✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay End of Decade Clearout Sale (catalogue discussion pg43 onwards, winning item pics pg151 onw

inengsol1500

December 11, 2009 - submitted by Carrie, United States of America

[/color]

Q. Dearest Oracle,

You're probably going to get a lot of questions about the End of Decade Clearout Sale, but I'm hoping you can answer mine. Will people outside of the U.K. be able to bid on these items? I recently attempted to bid on an item posted on the U.K. ebay, but there was no option available (at least not for the U.S.) to purchase because of the dollar/pound exchange issue. Will people outside the U.K. be able to bid on these items? Please say yes...

The Oracle replies:

I expect I will yes but only as you are the first, until it starts on the 17th there's not going to be any further responses from myself. Once the auction starts you will see all the details you need to know including yes, this is going to be open to one and all.

There's gonna be all manner of items ranging in price too so don't worry about the economics.

That was MY question! :dance:

And of course, I'm happy with the Oracle's response. However, I now realize I should have also included in my question, whether or not it will be a 'regular' auction, or if there will be the 'Buy Now' option... mmmph...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to bid on something too.

My brother wants a guitar so bad.

And he plays guitar and is amazing at it... so i'm sure it would be the coolest sight to see my brother playing Chris Martin's guitar or something...

haha.

But i'm sure the guitars are going to be outrageously expensive. :(

Amazing! I want more photo updates like that from the studio! That's sweet.

Coldplay are amazing with charities and those things, but there is no chance in the world to get those goodies without mucho dinero ... :(

I want a guitar in full technicolor

48799720.jpg

More goodies from the gang! Jonny's First Pedal Board!:lol:

WOW. The Oracle wasn't joking when she said there would be "all manner of items" to bid on.

I'd like one of the guitars, but I would feel guilty bidding on it since I don't play guitar. It should go to someone who could get some use out of it (instead of it sitting dormant on a shelf for display).

December 11, 2009 - submitted by Carrie, United States of America

[/color]

Q. Dearest Oracle,

You're probably going to get a lot of questions about the End of Decade Clearout Sale, but I'm hoping you can answer mine. Will people outside of the U.K. be able to bid on these items? I recently attempted to bid on an item posted on the U.K. ebay, but there was no option available (at least not for the U.S.) to purchase because of the dollar/pound exchange issue. Will people outside the U.S. be able to bid on these items? Please say yes...

The Oracle replies:

I expect I will yes but only as you are the first, until it starts on the 17th there's not going to be any further responses from myself. Once the auction starts you will see all the details you need to know including yes, this is going to be open to one and all.

There's gonna be all manner of items ranging in price too so don't worry about the economics.

*sigh* the starting prices of these things are never the problem...it's how high it gets especially with bidders who can afford to set huge "maximum bid" values. :disappointed:

nightmarequeen... I didn't put a smiley next to my comment becuase I'm not kidding.

I could get the guitar and keep it for awhile (it will probably be awhile until they go on tour again, so I'd have it for at least a year). And then if you buy concert tickets and guarantee me front row at the concert near you, I'd fly out and give the guitar to you after we go to the concert.

Sounds like a win-win-win-win deal to me.

the thing is that i can't guarantee front row, or not even the concert tickets. anyway, that would be a nice deal you know. but i just can't promise something i'm not sure of.

Oh yeah, I forget that the stadium-type concerts in Europe/etc. are different from most of the gigs here (you can pick whatever row you want in most venues here, instead of a mad dash to get to the front). Bummer. :cry: