✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

It is a very touchy subject. Like Reilly said I'm as well pro-choice, but at the same time like he mentioned you feel guilt by saying that it's alright to be for abortion.

Regardless I just think that overall it should be the right of the woman to make the decision despite if it's to keep the baby or have it aborted.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I stated I'm a pro-life.

Plus, me being a future doctor makes me go for it as well.

We're supposed to preserve life.

This is my last post here.

You aren't the only one, I still think you're completely wrong, but it seems like most people on this forum agree.

You aren't the only one, I still think you're completely wrong, but it seems like most people on this forum agree.

I never said people should be pro-life.

And I won't go around telling people to think the way I do, I was just giving my point of view.

I know many women get to choose that, but I know that I would never have an abortion, that's it.

I never said people should be pro-life.

And I won't go around telling people to think the way I do, I was just giving my point of view.

I know many women get to choose that, but I know that I would never have an abortion, that's it.

But that's not pro-life, you are pro-choice because you believe that women should have the choice of whether or not to have an abortion, you just happen to be of the view that you personally would not have one. Because that's your decision, which is fine.

If you think women should have the choice, even if you personally wouldn't take the option of abortion, that means you aren't pro-life.

I feel like I'm beginning to lecture people on what they are, but I don't think as many people are as pro-life as they think. To me, if you have any reservation of whether or not an abortion is bad, even in extreme circumstances, then you are pro-choice. The point is that pro-lifers should mainly be focussing on what they believe is a 'fact' that abortion is the 'murder of a human being', nothing to do with the mother, her issues, nothing to do with that, like I've used the example earlier, pro-life means that anything else is pro-death, and any form of abortion is the exact same as murdering a full grown, innocent adult.

The only posters who seem to truely have been pro-life in a non-hypocritical way are Heatseeker and Iz.

Sorry, but this made me lol.

A collection of cells getting to choose whether or not it lives?

Until it can create and clearly express coherent thoughts, it doesn't get a choice.

Just saying.

A mentally challenged person can't always create and clearly express coherent thoughts, is it moral to kill them? What gives people the right to define life?

A) Yes, living things are collections of lots and lots of cells/we're talking about fetuses.

B) No one is saying newborns should be allowed to be killed.

A) What does the fact that it's made up of cells have to do with anything?

B) Yes, but the fact that a fetus can't think for itself doesn't mean it's okay to kill it. Consciousness is not what makes a human a human. If that were the case, then no one under four is human.

A mentally challenged person can't always create and clearly express coherent thoughts, is it moral to kill them? What gives people the right to define life?

This.

That's a poor example, a mentally challenged person is an alive human being, it's not because the cells in the uterus can't talk that it's not a human there are loads of reasons. What gives you the right to define life?

Also Alexa, nobody is trying to make you personally have an abortion, it's your choice, that's the whole point behind "pro-choice" it's just when people judge others for having an abortion and call it "murder" that it gets annoying and that's why this debate actually happened.

That is madness, I can't believe a few people agreed with it.

That's a fully developed human being, not a collection of cells beginning to develop. A disabled person, even in a vegetative state, has thoughts, feelings, perception! It has memory's, emotions of joy and sadness. To compare all of these things, which I consider to be 'life', or 'existence', with a bunch of cells with an un-functioning or not even developed brain, which is, as noonsun put it, a parasite, it's unreasonable.

Of course that, again, included my opinion of what 'life' constitutes, and that's a big part of this entire argument. If you had no recollection of this life, and didn't know that anything had happened, and you were killed, did you ever really exist in your own mind? It never happened. Nobody got hurt.

I'm pro-life and I'm not sticking around to defend myself because I just don't feel like it. I'm just answering the question.

See ya later.

Yeah, but you didn't really respond since the first post said to give your reasons. "I don't feel like it" is a cop-out. Why even bother.

Yeah, but you didn't really respond since the first post said to give your reasons. "I don't feel like it" is a cop-out. Why even bother.

Because she's cooler than you.

Some people seem to feel like they'll be attacked if they give a reason, I don't get it.

Maybe because they will get attacked.

To say that someone is an extremist for believing that abortion is murder is absolutely ridiculous. You might as well say that the majority of Americans are extremists then, because 51% are pro-life. I'm guessing you guys have never spent time listening to the other side, or it wouldn't be so shocking for you to hear that. It's not extremist to say that abortion is murder; it's logical. In fact, the only extremists are the ones who think it's okay to kill abortionists. It's scientific fact that human life begins at conception, so an unborn baby is a human. To end the life of a human is murder. And don't tell me that an unborn baby is merely a collection of meaningless cells, because that is just not the case; in fact, it's quite ignorant. How is something with a beating heart, kidneys, liver, intestines, central nervous system, backbone, and spinal cord a bunch of meaningless cells? And that's only at the third week. Like I've said before, the earliest time an abortion can occur is at 7 weeks. By that time, the fetus' heart has been pumping blood throughout its body for a month. Do you still think that's a bunch of meaningless cells? At 9 weeks, the fetus is able to feel pain. 48% of all abortions occur after the 9th week. Why is it okay to kill an unborn baby who can feel pain?

And just to clarify, I've never thought it was morally correct or the right thing to do to have an abortion under any circumstance. I think what I meant by saying that I'm on the fence about it under extreme cases is that I can sympathize with someone wanting to get an abortion if she had been raped. It's human nature to feel sympathy, is it not? But at the same time, I don't think it's morally correct to have an abortion under extreme conditions, because it's not the baby's fault it was conceived, so why punish it with death?