✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

Why?

Are you asking me why it shouldn't be legal under extreme cases? Because it's not the baby's fault it was conceived, no matter how it was conceived, so it shouldn't be killed.

I really hope you just made that statement based on actually truly believing that it shouldn't be legal under any circumstances, rather than on just wanting to be 100% pro-life. Because that's certainly not how it sounded.

I didn't mean for it to sound like that, sorry, and yes I do believe that. Read what I wrote two pages ago if you're not convinced.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you asking me why it shouldn't be legal under extreme cases?

No I made myself clear several times, I'm getting annoyed.

You said that a foetus is no less than a human being, you said that killing a human foetus is murder, and then you said that you sat on the fence about whether a rape baby is a different human being then the rest of us. You make no sense.

I know I'm jumping in to this late, but...

Mkay, so it's okay to end the life of a human because it's simply inconvenient for you? And like I've said, there's adoption. Just because the mother doesn't want the child doesn't mean that no one else would. And did you know that many, many women regret having abortions later in life? It's not always the best choice at all.

No, it's not always the best choice, but then NOTHING is *always* the best choice. Yes, there are many women who regret having had an abortion, but I'm sure there are just as many who made that decision and have had happier, more productive lives because of it.

and, in general, I think it's important to note that just because someone is pro-choice (as I am), doesn't mean they are anti-life. I don't know what I would have done if I had been faced with a pregnancy early in my life... but I do know that I wouldn't want someone else making that decision for me, based on their perception of my circumstances. I completely agree with what Lauren said a couple of pages ago regarding the Supreme Court's decision on the matter.

Hang on a second, are you saying I'm an idiot? Because my opinions differ from yours? I'm sorry, but that's not cool. I've explained why I believe an unborn baby is a human clearly and with a lot of evidence to back it up. I don't blindly believe the things I believe. No one has even responded to what I said about whether they think it's okay to kill a fetus when it has a beating heart and in most cases can feel pain. -.-

No one has even responded to what I said about whether they think it's okay to kill a fetus when it has a beating heart and in most cases can feel pain. -.-

It's considered an embryo until around the 12th week, at which point it becomes a fetus. In any case, I don't think it's okay to kill anything. That's not the point (at least for me) of being pro-choice. My point is, it should not be up to the government to determine the course of my life for me.

Women have abortions for so very many different reasons. Some I completely agree with, others I don't. I just don't think it's my place or anyone else's to tell them they can or can not do it, when it's something that so dramatically impacts their life.

At least you're both aware that being "Pro-life" is a political statement and not just a moral and personal thing. I've got the feeling some people want to be pro-life to show how much of a great humanitarian they are, without realising what the term actually entails.

Pro - Choice definitely.

Simply for if i was in the position that got pregnant young,

i would may want to go to college and get a career. so the option of an abortion being there would be good. I don't know if i would personally get one, but i would never rule it out.

Saying all that i live in Ireland,

it's illegal here sooo.... i can't really choose?

I am Pro Choice - I do not see why it is a debate, merely because we live in a democracy, and we chose to have the right - just because you are pro-choice it doesn't mean you will opt to abort, it merely means you are free to choose.

My two bobs! :)

I am Pro Choice - I do not see why it is a debate, merely because we live in a democracy, and we chose to have the right - just because you are pro-choice it doesn't mean you will opt to abort, it merely means you are free to choose.

My two bobs! :)

Yeah but some people class it as "murder" which means that they would see your point as saying Murder is free choice and should just be allowed.

I believe everyone should have a right to their own body. People should be allowed to use drugs, kill themselves or whatever they like to their own body. However when you have another human life involved that's when your freedoms should end.

What's life? When we start debating what "life" that generally leads to horrible atrocities in human history. Jews aren't really human so it's ok to murder them, Africans are less human so we can enslave them..... Life has different meaning to everyone. So how can we define life?

I think this statement covers everything, really. Probably the best question there is.

Oh fuck off and die you utter piece of shit ****.

I know that's really immature and stupid but that comic is fucking stupid as well and so are you.

It actually is comforting to know that the things I post can still piss you off so much.

it's called pro-CHOICE for a reason. i personally think abortions are disgusting & never in my life would i ever to get one. but who am i to tell a woman she can't rid herself of this traumatic reminder of the time she was raped, or to allow a child to be born as a crack baby or into a loveless home where the parents would resent it.

you ever watch "the cider house rules"? if you make abortions illegal that won't stop women from having them. they'll just have these back-alley abortions that are completely unsafe