✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Pro-Life vs Pro-Choice, which side are you on?

Dfit00

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The morning after pill works to prevent ovulation/fertilization from happening, so by that time conception hasn't occurred.

Not necessarily. It can still work if the eggs are already fertilised as it makes the womb slippery so the eggs don't stick to it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/switch/surgery/advice/sex_relationships/sex/morning_after_pill/

To say that someone is an extremist for believing that abortion is murder is absolutely ridiculous. You might as well say that the majority of Americans are extremists then, because 51% are pro-life. I'm guessing you guys have never spent time listening to the other side, or it wouldn't be so shocking for you to hear that. It's not extremist to say that abortion is murder; it's logical. In fact, the only extremists are the ones who think it's okay to kill abortionists. It's scientific fact that human life begins at conception, so an unborn baby is a human. To end the life of a human is murder. And don't tell me that an unborn baby is merely a collection of meaningless cells, because that is just not the case; in fact, it's quite ignorant. How is something with a beating heart, kidneys, liver, intestines, central nervous system, backbone, and spinal cord a bunch of meaningless cells? And that's only at the third week. Like I've said before, the earliest time an abortion can occur is at 7 weeks. By that time, the fetus' heart has been pumping blood throughout its body for a month. Do you still think that's a bunch of meaningless cells? At 9 weeks, the fetus is able to feel pain. 48% of all abortions occur after the 9th week. Why is it okay to kill an unborn baby who can feel pain?

And just to clarify, I've never thought it was morally correct or the right thing to do to have an abortion under any circumstance. I think what I meant by saying that I'm on the fence about it under extreme cases is that I can sympathize with someone wanting to get an abortion if she had been raped. It's human nature to feel sympathy, is it not? But at the same time, I don't think it's morally correct to have an abortion under extreme conditions, because it's not the baby's fault it was conceived, so why punish it with death?

By your own admission, its fine to punish a baby with death if you feel sympathy for doing so. I'm sorry kels, this is totally a double standard.

Ive made my stance clear, and if you think that you are pro-life but you still feel sympathy for an abortion, then you need to look up the meaning of pro-life. It's a stance against the law of abortion, and if you don't believe in that stance, then you are pro-choice.

By your own admission, its fine to punish a baby with death if you feel sympathy for doing so. I'm sorry kels, this is totally a double standard.

Ive made my stance clear, and if you think that you are pro-life but you still feel sympathy for an abortion, then you need to look up the meaning of pro-life. It's a stance against the law of abortion, and if you don't believe in that stance, then you are pro-choice.

But I'm not saying it's fine at all, that's my point... it isn't fine. I can understand why a woman would want to do it, that's all. That doesn't mean I think she should.

I don't consider myself that, but I guess you could say I am.

You guess I could say that you're pro choice? Apart from being pro-life?

Again, like the post I quoted up above, if you think there's any such reason to abort a baby, you are pro-choice. And that is how I don't believe that most of the people who claim to be pro-life in this thread, aren't actually pro-life.

It's a totally hypocritical stance Kels, pro-life isn't just a social choice, it's a choice that you want law to give into. So if you believe that a raped woman or a incested rape woman deserves to have an abortion, then everything you've said has been completely hypocritical.

And I'll have to reiterate my disgust at how many people are pro-life when they don't really know what the fuck they are talking about.

But his point, put more bluntly is: you may not be morally okay with it if people who were raped get an abortion, but you think they should be able to in law. Thus making you personally pro-life but politically pro-choice. Right?

I guess I would agree with that, but I don't think that's my argument.

Once again, we're talking about FETUSES.

No one said anything about killing newborns or the mentally challenged.

But it all comes down to the debate of what is living. What is considered life. I can understand more when it's at the very beginning, but when the fetus has a heartbeat then I don't understand how anyone can say it's not a living human. 5 weeks into the pregnancy the fetus's heart beats.

But it all comes down to the debate of what is living. What is considered life. I can understand more when it's at the very beginning, but when the fetus has a heartbeat then I don't understand how anyone can say it's not a living human. 5 weeks into the pregnancy the fetuses heart beats.

My point had nothing to do with "what is living."

I had responded to her post which said that the fetus should get a choice to whether or not it gets a shot at life (outside the mother).

The fetus does not get a choice.

I said earlier that I don't think it's morally correct under any circumstance.

No you didn't, you said you were on the fence about it, I'm not going to quarrel about it.

To you, and MrLick, nobody responded to what I had said about how life works or what constitutes life.

And just to clarify, I've never thought it was morally correct or the right thing to do to have an abortion under any circumstance.

I don't think it's morally correct to have an abortion under extreme conditions, because it's not the baby's fault it was conceived, so why punish it with death?

Maybe you were so focused on that one sentence, that you didn't notice these other two? This is my stance and I'm not going to say anything more about it, because you're just going to misunderstand me again.

Kelsie, you said that you didn't like how Nathan avoided points that you have made, but I have not. So please give me the explanation of how you've turned around from thinking that rape might be a reason for abortion, to how you now think there is no exception. I don't buy it.

Well, first of all I've never thought that abortion is morally okay in any case. But the thing that changed me from being on the fence about it is the research I've done in the last few days, and because you were right. If I'm going to be 100% pro-life, then it shouldn't even be legal under extreme cases.

Well, first of all I've never thought that abortion is morally okay in any case. But the thing that changed me from being on the fence about it is the research I've done in the last few days, and because you were right. If I'm going to be 100% pro-life, then it shouldn't even be legal under extreme cases.

Why?