✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Have you asked the Oracle a question, but she didn't answer you?

NumbersGirl

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go . . .

April 22, 2009 - submitted by TIm, United States of America

Q. Could you give me some insight into the title I Bloom Blaum?

The Oracle replies:

I can Tim, yes. The day after Coldplay played a gig in Iceland; there was a review in a local paper. Chris thought it said I Bloom Blaum and asked a friend what it meant. He said it meant 'the blue people' but in fact the paper hadn't said I Bloom Blaum at all that's just what Chris remembered it as. So I Bloom Blaum doesn't mean anything!

FYI: Simon Pegg told Chris to call the song that.

So I guess the entire title is gibberish?

EDIT:

thank you cecilia!!!:kiss:

No problem, Amy! :nice:

I asked why the Coldplay puppets didn't have their pic taken in Nijmegen, but later I noticed that there were more cities were they didn't make a pic.

I also asked the Oracle the same about Detroit. :cry: After the puppets started having their pictures taken, I think it may have been the only stop on the U.S. tour that was missed.

• 3 weeks later...

I asked how does Viva la Vida, Lost, Lovers in Japan are played live. Do they use tracks? playbacks? Just like LiT. When I saw them, the songs seemed to have so many instruments but there where just the 4 of them playing.

Anyone?

I asked how does Viva la Vida, Lost, Lovers in Japan are played live. Do they use tracks? playbacks? Just like LiT. When I saw them, the songs seemed to have so many instruments but there where just the 4 of them playing.

Anyone?

I'm not very knowledgable about the technical terminology, but I think some of the instruments (during the more intriquite songs that you mentioned) are part of the "sound mix". Part of it is them playing live, part of it is the instrumentals previously recorded. You are definitely right... there's no way just the 4 of them can play everything on some of their more intriquite tracks! And I think as an "ode" to that fact, it's nice how they had the little tv on stage that showed the 4 of them playing the string instruments during VLV. That was, for lack of a better word, cute. :nice:

I'm not very knowledgable about the technical terminology, but I think some of the instruments (during the more intriquite songs that you mentioned) are part of the "sound mix". Part of it is them playing live, part of it is the instrumentals previously recorded. You are definitely right... there's no way just the 4 of them can play everything on some of their more intriquite tracks! And I think as an "ode" to that fact, it's nice how they had the little tv on stage that showed the 4 of them playing the string instruments during VLV. That was, for lack of a better word, cute. :nice:

You're right, that's tottaly cute! lol. Well, I thought the same about the songs. I'm also not very informed about instruments and technical stuff.. But, for example, Guy in Lost! playing those drums, is the sound real? because after the chorus he just stops playing them and starts with the bass; also Jonny in VLV playing the keyboard and Chris doing the same in Lovers in Japan. It's like, they play the first 'riff' and then they kinda 'loop it' again and again?

Btw, I'd love to know how do they get the sound in Life in Technicolor... I mean, which instruments did they use or something. It must be very dense and complex for them not playing it live! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought I'd bump this thread from *gasp!* page 7.

I recently asked the Oracle this. Obviously, since I am posting it in this thread, she didn't answer. :tongue: I thought it was a good question, but what do I know:

Hello Dearest Oracle,

It seems that as of late you have become quite fond of answering questions from those with the name of Carrie that live in the United States (3 since the end of March to be exact), so I figure that I will try my luck. (Really, my name IS Carrie, I'm not telling a fib just to persuade you.) Back in March you mentioned that Politik was in Chris' "top two favourite Coldplay songs", and that you would try to find out what his favourite one is. Have you asked him, and if so, did he actually tell you? Or did he give you a coy reply like, "something we are working on in the studio at the moment", or some other sneaky response of that nature? And although this may be too much to ask, do you happen to know the favourite Coldplay song of each of Will, Guy, and Jonny? It would be rather AMuSing if any of ThEm sharReD the sAMe favourite song as mine.

Thank you, "Carrie in Michigan"

• 5 months later...