✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Post-VLV Fans?

getithom

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm, well I think I've always subconsciously been a fan, but it's only recently that I started paying a lot of attention to music in general. And then I saw Coldplay at Wembley last year and my obsession kind of kicked off then.

OOOps, I am an VLV post fan , but I actually loved some songs from them way before (like since AROBTTH) but never pay them much attention, so when.........

actually is kinda confusing:confused:, I just fell in love with them since I saw the Live at the BBC , but if I am right that's was a bit before the release, so I am technically Pre-VLV. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:uhoh: It's not that I heard about them the first time when VLV came out.

That Q Magazine article from 2008 made me buy a concert ticket and then I was hooked and wanted to know more and here I am...

I can still remember how awesome it was to drive back home after the concert and listen to the radio concert from 2008/08/30. :awesome:

I was just wondering who became a fan of Coldplay after Viva La Vida was released? I don't see too many on the site.

I sure hope I'm not alone. :p

Don't worry, I am! I only started listening to and liking Coldplay in August or September of 2009 :smiley:

And I joined here in February.

i became a fan around May 2008.I kept seeing the itunes commercial they were in,and I freaked.I kept saying" what is that song,who's singing it",couldnt stop watching Chris.Then I looked at all the videos on you tube and that was it.

Me. But I'm not a fangirl -- as I've a son older than most of you. I work in the fitness field and program music for exercise classes. I use all kinds of music, but rarely radio stuff. Before LVL, I dismissed Coldplay. The itunes commercial caught my ear as a good track for work. I didn't even know it was Coldplay. I remember googling it to find out who was singing it. I bought the CD the day it came out and was shocked to like it very much. My son made fun of me when he saw it in my car.

I started downloading concert torrents and was totally captivated by their live performances. I used to think of Chris Martin as 'white bread,' but I couldn't believe how dynamic he was on stage, falling for older performances more than Viva stuff. Then one of those concerts included "Amsterdam" and my jaw dropped.

So #5 will be the first Coldplay release I'm waiting for. And I am hoping that Chris rediscovers that he can command an audience with passion, energy & integrity, without costumes and running around like a nut.

So if anyone's still reading, that's my Coldplay story. :)

I like to equate my relationship with Coldplay to the movie "When Harry Met Sally." We were "friends," then we weren't, then were, then we fell in love. lol :)

I started liking them in 2000 when Yellow came out. I had to know who it was and all about them, but I was still fairly young, so I didn't get all wrapped in them. My brother, on the other hand, was in college at the time. I told him about Yellow and he bought Parachutes, and all their other albums. Every time he'd come home, we'd listen together, so I've known most of their stuff for a long time. He became a big fan with AROBTTH and I knew all the songs, but still wasn't crazy about them (like I am now). When X & Y came out, I was in college and was completely overwhelmed with classes, so all I knew of them was their radio stuff - which I loved. BUT...it wasn't till VLVODAAHF came out that I fell IN LOVE with them. I heard VLV on the radio and couldn't get it out of my head. I couldn't believe it was them. So, I went out and bought the cd immediately. Then, I saw them in DC on Halloween 2008, and it changed my life. I've been obsessed ever since and really wouldn't have it any other way. :) So, I guess that I technically am a post-VLV fan, but I've really been a fan all along.

A friend of mine was obsessed with Coldplay, and wouldn't stop talking about them.

Pretty much a fanboy.

He gave me his X&Y CD and I liked it.

Yet, I was around.. 12?.. I'm not sure.. but I wasn't a fan the way I am now.

So Aye' unno.

I still consider myself a "after the iTunes commercial" fan.

Fan since 2000 since I heard 'Trouble' on the radio and rush afterards to the music store to buy the single...which started the CP love. Been in here very late cause hadn't internet at home before and only been able to see them live after 8 years of waiting....*finally*

But to me, they'll always be those scruffy uni guys with bad jeans and sweaters! XD

i became a fan post-x&y. well, i heard some song, the hits, i liked it, but múch later i was searching for more music of them, i loved it, but i fell in love with them after seeing live 2003:wacky: my dad bought it as a present.

so i became a REAL fan just a year before VLV..